News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Emo Howard on November 10, 2016, 10:56:22 AM
Guy in my Industrial Maintenance class last night was arguing that abortion should still be illegal even in the case of saving the life of the woman, because "The mother should be willing to give her life for the life of that baby." Then he said "You know a sure fire way to keep from getting pregnant?" And one of the younger guys piped up "SHOOT IT IN HER MOUTH!"

Everybody laughed.

I laughed.

Maybe I can pull this off after all.

Should I buy a hat?

Yeah.  One of those red ones.

This guy is in for a hell of a shock when he pulls that shit in any kind of professional setting. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

No time to do any writing today.  Boss is here, doing the usual.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 10, 2016, 06:11:04 PM
Guy in my Industrial Maintenance class last night was arguing that abortion should still be illegal even in the case of saving the life of the woman, because "The mother should be willing to give her life for the life of that baby." Then he said "You know a sure fire way to keep from getting pregnant?" And one of the younger guys piped up "SHOOT IT IN HER MOUTH!"

Everybody laughed.

I laughed.

Should I buy a hat?

Yeah.  One of those red ones.

This guy is in for a hell of a shock when he pulls that shit in any kind of professional setting.

... it occurs to me that Trump hats wired to record could catch LOTS of actionable moments in the workplaces of America.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

NeonWytch

Quote from: LMNO on November 10, 2016, 12:21:36 PM
Quote from: Bu☆ns on November 10, 2016, 03:06:47 AM
This youtube channel has been the best thing.  Watching him cook is like watching Bob Ross paint

Thank you so much for that.  Honestly.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 10, 2016, 06:56:46 AM
Quote from: Fernando The Poo, Hole of Ass on November 09, 2016, 04:43:20 AM
I feel like a Trump Presidency, in and of itself, could be dealt with for the next 4 years. However, even as a conservative, I feel like a Republican owned Presidency, Senate, and House of Representatives is a bit one-sided for a comfortable, fair Republic.

(at this point in time, it appears that they will win both the House and Senate)

Yep, that freaks me out more than the Trump presidency. I mean, it's one thing that America voted in a circus peanut for President without everybody also losing access to birth control.

The Supreme Court thing is really the most saddening to me.
The anti-education and anti-environment stances are what upset me most. People can survive a bad leader for four years, but the environment will be completely wrecked by 2020
A wise man once said "What was that? I couldn't hear you."

LMNO

Two supreme court picks will mean a regressive supreme court for a generation or more.

The Good Reverend Roger

Got some new stuff cooking.  No actual time to write it for a couple more hours.

Freeky

Everybody laughed.

I laughed.

Should I buy a hat?

So like, I'm kind of inured to mysoginistic jokes, but this post makes me really glad I don't know you or anyone else there in real life.

Bruno

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 10, 2016, 04:09:27 PM
Thanks for doing your part to help ensure that this is a less safe country for women.

Quote from: Freeky on November 10, 2016, 10:40:37 PM
So like, I'm kind of inured to mysoginistic jokes, but this post makes me really glad I don't know you or anyone else there in real life.

It occurs to me that I could have given a little more context to that last post.

It was a reference to something said the "calling it now" thread in the other forum about blending in with the deplorables with ill intent, and my lack of confidence in my ability to blend in with that bunch.

The hat I was referring to was a Trump hat.

Maybe you did get the context. I don't know. Maybe I should have just kept that anecdote to myself.
Formerly something else...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Emo Howard on November 11, 2016, 12:53:34 AM
Thanks for doing your part to help ensure that this is a less safe country for women.

It occurs to me that I could have given a little more context to that last post.

It was a reference to something said the "calling it now" thread in the other forum about blending in with the deplorables with ill intent, and my lack of confidence in my ability to blend in with that bunch.

Maybe you did get the context. I don't know. Maybe I should have just kept that anecdote to myself.

There is blending in, and there is being complicit.

Be careful not to confuse the two.

Freeky

I got the subtext that you were surprised at fitting in so easily, but it didn't make the post any better.  It really didn't.

Bruno

Quote from: Freeky on November 11, 2016, 01:00:30 AM

I got the subtext that you were surprised at fitting in so easily, but it didn't make the post any better.  It really didn't.

Ok, I'm scrapping "the plan" at least until I can figure out a better way to go at it.

Sorry.
Formerly something else...

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

PD cool kids officially so asshurt they have gone from pretending to ignore me(while loudly declaring this in my threads) to removing my posts.

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

*IGNORES ALL OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS*

I DONT UNDERSTAND, HOW DID WE LOSE?

MithridatesXXIII

Quote from: Emo Howard on November 11, 2016, 01:16:38 AM
Quote from: Freeky on November 11, 2016, 01:00:30 AM

Ok, I'm scrapping "the plan" at least until I can figure out a better way to go at it.

Sorry.

Can't blend in if you give up this easily

MithridatesXXIII