News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MithridatesXXIII

I don't know if someone referenced shooting previously to that post. That's what made the word shooting look like it had been taken out of context. There's nothing unreasonable about being upset at the politics and the reaction of the classroom.

POFP

Quote from: Freeky on November 11, 2016, 02:32:37 AM
Quote from: Fernando The Poo, Hole of Ass on November 11, 2016, 01:25:52 AM
I'm not sure that trying to find misogynist pieces of shit in people who we all know aren't misogynist is the right motorcycle in a time like this. Methinks a chill pill is in order.

Feeling extremely uncomfortable about people laughing and joking about fucking shooting me instead of allowing access to birth control is not "trying to find misogynist pieces of shit in people who we all know aren't misogynist," so how about you stop telling me how to feel?  Hm?

The person telling the story indicated quite clearly that he didn't agree with the people the story was about. The person telling the story has indicated that for years. Even with a rocky context, one could easily ascertain that the person telling the story probably wasn't agreeing with the people in the story based on said history. I could understand worrying about the people in the story and their views. I do not understand taking the worry out on the person telling it.

Somehow you must've forgotten that most of the people who've stuck around here aren't total shitheads and usually deserve the benefit of the doubt. And if you want allies to help stop the shit mentioned in the story, maybe you should avoid targeting them for no reason.

All I'm asking is that we get along for the betterment of our society. You know who the enemy is, and it's generally no one who regularly posts on these forums.

Also, yes, it was a cumshot joke. Not a gunshot joke.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 11, 2016, 02:55:53 AM
Freeky, you might have read that post too fast. The joke was about cumming in a woman's mouth as an alternative to impregnating them [and ending up in a shitty situation brought on by shitty politics]

I don't know you very well yet, and I do try to get along, but here's something for you to chew on:  I said, upthread, that I'm used to mysoginistic jokes. It's a common hazard, being in a nutjob state, and your hobbies being those dominated by men.  Now, I can usually shrug these things off, but when reading the joke my mind did not jump automatically to "facial," it jumped to "kill her." 

Just you think about that for a little while, and try to imagine what it would take for someone to be so immediately threatened by the words "Shoot her in the mouth" being the punchline to a joke.

Unless you are suggesting that I have reading comprehension issues.  Which we can certainly discuss.

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Don Coyote

ITT: misogyny being explained away as just a joke while insulting a woman for not getting the joke properly :kingmeh:

Freeky

Quote from: Fernando The Poo, Hole of Ass on November 11, 2016, 03:08:48 AM
Quote from: Freeky on November 11, 2016, 02:32:37 AM
Quote from: Fernando The Poo, Hole of Ass on November 11, 2016, 01:25:52 AM
I'm not sure that trying to find misogynist pieces of shit in people who we all know aren't misogynist is the right motorcycle in a time like this. Methinks a chill pill is in order.

Feeling extremely uncomfortable about people laughing and joking about fucking shooting me instead of allowing access to birth control is not "trying to find misogynist pieces of shit in people who we all know aren't misogynist," so how about you stop telling me how to feel?  Hm?

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah your experiences are inconsequential and your opinions wrong!

Freeky

Freeky

Quote from: Don Coyote on November 11, 2016, 03:18:08 AM
ITT: misogyny being explained away as just a joke while insulting a woman for not getting the joke properly :kingmeh:

:lulz:  I know.  I wish Nigel were here, she'd have so much more satisfying comebacks.

Bruno

Quote from: Freeky on November 11, 2016, 03:20:24 AM
Quote from: Emo Howard on November 11, 2016, 03:15:36 AM
Never explain the joke.

srsly.

Whatever else we each may believe, THIS.

To be honest, I was just about to explain the joke, but then PeeDee was all like:

Quote from: Pee Dee on November 11, 2016, 03:15:36 AM
Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

and then I was all like NEVAR EXPLANE JOAK!!!
Formerly something else...

MithridatesXXIII

I can empathize with you Freeky, for circumstances quite bizarre. That's why I didn't attack you for the mistake.

I've spent the entire campaign trying to reach people on the Right independent of the values of the left. I understand wanting to wring necks when hearing morally abhorrent and popular sentiments.

POFP

Fine, Freeky. Fight your allies to the death for all I care. Push your allies away until you're completely alone in a world of victimhood. Get to the point where people have to walk on egg shells around you and tell me how it feels. Like I haven't fucking been there before   :roll:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

MithridatesXXIII

Quote from: Don Coyote on November 11, 2016, 03:18:08 AM

Honestly coyote, this is the kind of approach that isn't persuasive to your friends on the right. Is it necessarily misogyny to joke about cumming elsewhere to not get someone pregnant? It's certainly vulgar and not appropriate, but those are the mechanics. The simple and gross things joked about in the heartland and elsewhere.

I know I haven't been following closely, but who insulted Freeky? Fernando?

The Good Reverend Roger

I find myself in the bizarre situation of defending someone who won't give me the time of day.

:lulz:

I should go find something more productive to do.  That being said, you guys should maybe stop and re-read what you said, and maybe try to put yourself in her shoes.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Emo Howard on November 11, 2016, 01:16:38 AM
Quote from: Freeky on November 11, 2016, 01:00:30 AM
Quote from: Emo Howard on November 11, 2016, 12:53:34 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 10, 2016, 04:09:27 PM
Thanks for doing your part to help ensure that this is a less safe country for women.

Quote from: Freeky on November 10, 2016, 10:40:37 PM
So like, I'm kind of inured to mysoginistic jokes, but this post makes me really glad I don't know you or anyone else there in real life.

It occurs to me that I could have given a little more context to that last post.

It was a reference to something said the "calling it now" thread in the other forum about blending in with the deplorables with ill intent, and my lack of confidence in my ability to blend in with that bunch.

The hat I was referring to was a Trump hat.

Maybe you did get the context. I don't know. Maybe I should have just kept that anecdote to myself.
I got the subtext that you were surprised at fitting in so easily, but it didn't make the post any better.  It really didn't.

Ok, I'm scrapping "the plan" at least until I can figure out a better way to go at it.

Sorry.

I would consider perhaps simply refraining from validating misogyny. You won't get beaten up just for not laughing at sexual assault jokes. You might even consider pulling an Alty and telling them you aren't cool with jokes like that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."