News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

God, I love that. Never used to do this until the time I quit posting here regularly, makes it a lot easier to deal with the derp. SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOUR OBJECTIONS IN THIS ECHO CHAMBER.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OMG. I tried to explain something by mentioning that we have 50 autonomous states that are able to make their own laws about voter registration and ID, and he retorted by saying that Canada has way more autonomous provinces.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 11, 2016, 05:33:50 AM
How would you feel about an Assange type publishing leaks on your fascist movement RP?

There is no real fascist movement yet, but if you mean the Alt-Right I would be all for it. Transparency is a virtue in a functional democracy and secrecy is the shield of the evil and incompetent. People have a right to know what they are voting for.

MithridatesXXIII

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on November 11, 2016, 05:40:33 AM
How would you feel about an Assange type publishing leaks on your fascist movement RP?

There is no real fascist movement yet, but if you mean the Alt-Right I would be all for it. Transparency is a virtue in a functional democracy and secrecy is the shield of the evil and incompetent. People have a right to know what they are voting for.
How does transparency jibe with fascism? Maintaining power requires secrecy, especially authoritarian power.

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 11, 2016, 05:36:20 AM
OMG. I tried to explain something by mentioning that we have 50 autonomous states that are able to make their own laws about voter registration and ID, and he retorted by saying that Canada has way more autonomous provinces.

That person is maybe, just maybe, really dumb.

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 11, 2016, 05:45:48 AM

How does transparency jibe with fascism? Maintaining power requires secrecy, especially authoritarian power.

Well we arent in fascism yet, we are in Democracy and we all benefit the better it works. But in Fascism transparency should be an even greater virtue, our leaders would be in power for their connection to the will of the people. If they do not honor the will of the people they should be replaced. Betraying the will of the people should be exposed.

MithridatesXXIII

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on November 11, 2016, 05:49:56 AM

Well we arent in fascism yet, we are in Democracy and we all benefit the better it works. But in Fascism transparency should be an even greater virtue, our leaders would be in power for their connection to the will of the people. If they do not honor the will of the people they should be replaced. Betraying the will of the people should be exposed.

The people want things. Getting them is what keeps people in power. The means are often not what people are okay with. That's a conflict that transparency can't resolve.

LMNO

Quote from: Freeky on November 11, 2016, 05:47:25 AM

Are we still supposed to respect a person like that?  Some people on FB say Trump won because we didn't respect dumb people, and called them dumb.

Don Coyote

Quote from: LMNO on November 11, 2016, 01:32:48 PM

Are we still supposed to respect a person like that?  Some people on FB say Trump won because we didn't respect dumb people, and called them dumb.

Those people are maybe, just maybe, really fucking stupid.

LMNO

I like where you're going with this.

And anyway, they got upset at being called racist and said they were being condescended to, but they apparently didn't notice when they said "all lives matter" and "not all men", and for kids to "toughen up" when bullied.

MMIX

And now Leonard Cohen has up and died on us. I fucking hate 2016. Its like the whole damned year has been entirely made of Februaries  :sad:
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 11, 2016, 05:55:28 AM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on November 11, 2016, 05:49:56 AM

The people want things. Getting them is what keeps people in power. The means are often not what people are okay with. That's a conflict that transparency can't resolve.

People want things like,
Hillary Clinton as president? :^)

Quote from: LMNO on November 11, 2016, 01:32:48 PM

Trump won because he actually recognized and offered solutions to their problems, while ALL you could do was call them dumb. Im curious though, "some people on FB" How many of the people who voted for Trump do you actually KNOW?

LMNO

Vanadium Gryllz

Everyone deserves respect.

Even if they are a fucking idiot.
Especially if they're an idiot - they can't help it.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."