News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

MithridatesXXIII

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 12, 2016, 08:05:52 PM
I'm not sure what "hardship" you're referring to, unless you just mean the nerve-grinding pain in the ass of being a female minority in a world where I can't avoid being surrounded by assholes all the time.
That would be the one. And being aware enough and learned enough to make it all the more painful.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 12, 2016, 08:11:54 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 12, 2016, 08:05:52 PM
I'm not sure what "hardship" you're referring to, unless you just mean the nerve-grinding pain in the ass of being a female minority in a world where I can't avoid being surrounded by assholes all the time.
That would be the one. And being aware enough and learned enough to make it all the more painful.

Thanks. It definitely gets real, real old.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

MithradatesXXIII if you've at any point come under the impression that I don't respect you count that a failure on my part. Also for the record wasn't kidding about the ORANGES and notable psychedelic/toxic effects,
for real but I digress.

I sense a keener wit than my own, sure also of your footing in reason, and a certain pragmatic sensibility suitable to what little I've so far learned of your chosen namesake here. This in addition to what seems otherwise a tempered and compassionate character deeply aware of how much WORSE it could well get yet.

All this from your conduct here these last few weeks I have perceived and believe AUTHENTIC without reservation.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

MithridatesXXIII

Thanks. I have to also thank my spiritual mentor and overcoming deeply traumatic psychosis.  :wink:

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 13, 2016, 01:33:50 AM
Thanks. I have to also thank my spiritual mentor and overcoming deeply traumatic psychosis.  :wink:

:cheers: Cheers then! Welcome to the club, such as it is. Seems that you're just in time for another eschaton. Sadly this one's taking its self FAR too seriously it would seem.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Salty

This morning I got blocked by an Iranian-American living in Oslo for saying not all Iranians have the same life experience.

:lulz:
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

Also, for the 9th billion time, I am quitting massage. Gave notice to the Chiro. I'm waaaaaay to burnt out to keep touching people. The thought of it makes me panic. Been having panic attacks a lot since I moved out of AK and this damned career ain't helping. Never cleared 10k in as many years.

I could probably still make it and I am close to having a solid base clientele, I just don't CARE anymore. And besides, the nature of my work is such that I only ever work on rich white people, sick of it, and it used to never bother me. I should not be caring for others without the ability to have compassion for all of them.

Not sure what I will do, but I am learning math just as quickly as I can, may probably try to get into programming. Portland is rich that kind of shit. If I can get into a good program I may pursue chemistry. After a decade of dealing with meat and emotion I could really use some absolute certainty.

MithridatesXXIII

Now is not the time to be making career decisions. A lot of us are receiving a lot of important information we didn't have before. It's going to take time to integrate that into our understanding.

Salty

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 13, 2016, 07:52:20 PM
Now is not the time to be making career decisions. A lot of us are receiving a lot of important information we didn't have before. It's going to take time to integrate that into our understanding.

:lol:

Also, wat.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 13, 2016, 07:52:20 PM

:?

What on earth does Alty's career decisions have to do with anyone "receiving a lot of important information we didn't have before"? Is everyone supposed to stop living their lives? No quitting, starting new jobs, going to school, getting married, graduations, or pregnancies until you figure it all out?

MithridatesXXIII

I mean not really. You can take a month or three. I'm not saying turn down amazing opportunities.

Salty

I gave my notice right before Trump won, and after I definitely reconsidered, but it's too late.

Plus, when your career is shoving meat into the correct place, you can't do it if you give no fucks. It's unethical and psychologically not great. Hence, the panic attacks.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 13, 2016, 07:59:49 PM
I mean not really. You can take a month or three. I'm not saying turn down amazing opportunities.

It's so nice that he has your permission! :lulz:

Salty

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 13, 2016, 07:59:49 PM

Awwww, can I? Thanks for that.