News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Misinfo Wars

Started by Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard, November 15, 2016, 02:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

QuoteYou wouldn't know what appropriate social behavior was if it came up to you, told you that you look nice today, and asked if you'd read any good books lately.   

Newsfeed? :lulz:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Salty

Quote from: Hitler on November 18, 2016, 08:13:16 PM
You can't. You didn't like what I had to say in the other thread, so you came into this one to be a bitch.

:lulz:

There it is.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Vivat Alty on November 18, 2016, 08:21:12 PM
You can't. You didn't like what I had to say in the other thread, so you came into this one to be a bitch.

There it is.

Italics make things extra hurtful.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 18, 2016, 08:13:16 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 18, 2016, 03:59:48 PM
Some people just, you know, lurk a little, skim the last few weeks, make some chitchat, shit like that. Just to get a feel for the place, kinda figure out who people are before condescending to them. You know. Socializing.

Which I did at various points for a period of several months. How can you have the expectation that I would ever have come across information about one specific person? How can you berate me for asking a question about whether or not he was interested in a specific field of academic study?

Mostly because there is an active thread that makes it really really unmistakably obvious.

No, it was really just because there is an active thread that makes it really really unmistakably obvious. But it's nice to see my prediction that you're a misogynistic little turd validated.  :lol:

And just what the hell is condescending about asking someone if they were familiar with something? If anything, the response was condescending. "Interesting question. I'm sure there's a reason for it." Well, hello, Mr. Fancy Pants!

Sure, blame Pent for responding less-than-warmly to your asinine behavior.

Using appropriate social behavior.

Something you threw out the window the moment you tried telling me that my head was "too far up my own ass" because you didn't agree with my point of view. You wouldn't know what appropriate social behavior was if it came up to you, told you that you look nice today, and asked if you'd read any good books lately.

Tell yourself whatever makes you feel better, precious little fragile flower.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Vivat Alty on November 18, 2016, 08:21:12 PM

There it is.

LIKE CLOCKWORK.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 18, 2016, 08:25:35 PM
Mostly because there is an active thread that makes it really really unmistakably obvious.

Well, FUCK ME for having not accidentally stumbled upon that one particular thread, right?

No, it was really just because there is an active thread that makes it really really unmistakably obvious. But it's nice to see my prediction that you're a misogynistic little turd validated.  :lol:

Still a bitch. And apparently the kind that throws around the word misogynistic like it's confetti.

Sure, blame Pent for responding less-than-warmly to your asinine behavior.

Telling someone that what they'd just written is fascinating and then asking if they'd read a particular book isn't fucking asinine. It's normal human interaction.

Does adding someone to your ignore list prevent you from seeing their posts? I could really do without this toxic nonsense.
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 18, 2016, 08:39:15 PM
Does adding someone to your ignore list prevent you from seeing their posts? I could really do without this toxic nonsense.

Oh, look, it does!

Damn, that feels better.
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

LMNO

That's too bad, she's one of the more interesting people on the board. 

Quote from: LMNO on November 18, 2016, 08:48:24 PM

So am I.

Don't care; she burned that bridge on her own. If she wants to calm her tits, she can send me a personal message and say, "Hey, let's be friends. I won't tell you that your head is up your ass, and you won't question the extremist attitudes of people who can't think outside their own paradigm. Deal?"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's not like he's capable of learning, so I doubt it makes any difference one way or the other.

Salty

Too bad she's a BITCH.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Vivat Alty on November 18, 2016, 08:53:01 PM

Too bad she's a BITCH.

Such a bitch. Also, a nasty woman.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I bet he's really kicking himself for arguing with someone who turned out to be female, when he could have been calling me a bitch and telling me to calm my tits this whole time.

Vanadium Gryllz

"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Or explaining how the clitoris works. That was a good one.