News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Protestors Are Assholes

Started by Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard, November 16, 2016, 10:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on November 18, 2016, 03:49:32 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 18, 2016, 03:47:28 PM
I'm surprised you haven't flooded this conversation with zerohedge links.  :lulz:

Starting slow, expect breitbart or RT links first.

Reason Magazine.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on November 18, 2016, 03:49:32 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 18, 2016, 03:47:28 PM
I'm surprised you haven't flooded this conversation with zerohedge links.  :lulz:

Starting slow, expect breitbart or RT links first.

Point.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 18, 2016, 05:42:11 AM
Quote from: Vivat Alty on November 18, 2016, 05:39:20 AM
My God, if you would all only just realize the argument your presenting doesn't FIT into my false dichotomy. It's like you're not even Discordian.
                    /
:snob:

The funniest part: he came to a web forum called literal actual Principia Discordia dot com expecting that he could just spit up a half-assed opinion and alllllll the Discordians would just agree with him.

Maybe even herald him as a visionary.

:lol:

The problem isn't that you don't agree with him, it's that you all seem to agree with each other, in an unquestioning yes-man-like fashion
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on November 18, 2016, 04:37:50 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 18, 2016, 05:42:11 AM
Quote from: Vivat Alty on November 18, 2016, 05:39:20 AM
My God, if you would all only just realize the argument your presenting doesn't FIT into my false dichotomy. It's like you're not even Discordian.
                    /
:snob:

The funniest part: he came to a web forum called literal actual Principia Discordia dot com expecting that he could just spit up a half-assed opinion and alllllll the Discordians would just agree with him.

Maybe even herald him as a visionary.

:lol:

The problem isn't that you don't agree with him, it's that you all seem to agree with each other, in an unquestioning yes-man-like fashion

It's creepy, sort of like how scientists all seem to agree with each other about climate change. Just so obviously nothing more than an echo chamber.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

You know something, I just realized, Trump doesn't HAVE a little mustache. I can't believe it but it looks like I was wrong. There are no similarities. Trump also doesn't even paint, so I don't know what I was thinking.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Let me be more specific. I'm complaining about the fact that you mindlessly agree with each other on matters of opinion.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Salty

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on November 18, 2016, 04:52:29 PM
Let me be more specific. I'm complaining about the fact that you mindlessly agree with each other on matters of opinion.

RE bolded: So what?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I mean, it can't possibly be that much of a cognitive stretch to comprehend why we would all be in agreement that a Trump presidency is a threat to our civil liberties, right?

But then, you are talking about a person who doesn't think that Trump appointing an actual white nationalist propagandist to his cabinet constitutes a real connection with white nationalism, so...

LMNO

Do you even READ this board?

The fact that people are agreeing on this should underscore its import, if anything.

Salty

Quote from: Vivat Alty on November 18, 2016, 04:53:16 PM

RE bolded: So what?

I mean, I can't see why I, or anyone else, should give a shit about your complaints or opinions. They're hardly medically necessary.

Junkenstein

Are you upset that no-one is agreeing with your opinion or that we bother arguing about facts?

Please address your concerns to the usual authorities and they'll quickly give even less of a shit than I do.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Salty

Quote from: LMNO on November 18, 2016, 04:54:53 PM

Do you even READ this board?

The fact that people are agreeing on this should underscore its import, if anything.

Yeah, that's probably the thing that irks me most about shit like the OP, or anyone who comes to this board with the OMGHIVEMIND mentality. Some of us can barely stand each other, some of us outright dislike each other, but almost all of us can have a decent, heated conversation despite that. Maybe because of that.

The Good Reverend Roger

Where exactly do you think you are?   :lulz:

We can't agree on anything except that the majority of us seem to be anti-fascist.  But we can't even get along well enough to put our heads together about actual fascism making an appearance.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Pergamos

Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 18, 2016, 06:02:35 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 18, 2016, 05:35:35 AM
Trump is what people are protesting, so if you want to invalidate the protests you have to first prove that what they are protesting is not worthy of protest.

Did I say I wanted to invalidate the protests? No, I didn't. In fact, what I said in my second post was

QuoteAnd none of this is to downplay the role that protestors play; I just wish we weren't bullshitting ourselves and each other every time it happens. Instead of rationalizing and blanket-judging, I wish we could just step back and say, "Our asshole protestors are keeping your guy in check. When our guy is in office, your asshole protestors keep ours in check." None of this "our protestors are okay but yours were shit" kind of nonsense.

Just keep it real.

If you ignore or rationalize the asshole behavior of the current wave of protests but condemn and vilify the asshole behavior of protestors from 2008 and 2012, then you're the kind of person that I'm talking about.

I don't care what you think about Trump or his policies or this or that. None of that has anything to do with what I'm talking about. How many times do I have to repeat myself?

The behavior in 2008 and 2012 was not ok because what they were protesting did not merit the behavior