News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on August 22, 2018, 03:59:10 AM
As of 2 hours ago, his last tweet was thanking the West Virginia crowd.  I guess someone confiscated the phone for tonight

Or he's just that fucking oblivious.
Molon Lube

Cain

We're now reaching 22 hours since Trump last tweeted anything that wasn't strictly campaign or rally PR fodder.   This may be unprecedented.

hooplala

Quote from: Cain on August 22, 2018, 01:50:49 PM
Wait, it's starting https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1032247043992023040

Surprising that his only mention of it so far is a lame attempt at a joke.

I'd like to believe this is the beginning of the end, but I've thought that about 30 times throughout this presidency.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

He's doing damage control via Fox and Friends.  He didn't know about it when it first happened, campaign funds weren't used, and besides OBAMA.

So, the usual.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Brother Mythos

New York state subpoenas Cohen in Trump Foundation probe

As per the article: "Anyone charged with a state crime could not be pardoned by the president."

Here's the link: https://apnews.com/72c5c19195f84abfaa42eaffe78d806a

I've been hoping New York State would soon get in on the act.
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Brother Mythos on August 22, 2018, 08:39:50 PM
New York state subpoenas Cohen in Trump Foundation probe

As per the article: "Anyone charged with a state crime could not be pardoned by the president."

Here's the link: https://apnews.com/72c5c19195f84abfaa42eaffe78d806a

I've been hoping New York State would soon get in on the act.

muhahaha
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: @realDonaldTrump
Michael Cohen plead guilty to two counts of campaign finance violations that are not a crime.
"A lawyer pleaded guilty, but there was no crime" sounds like it could be a koan.

But I guess Trump has his own definition of crime, that has little to do with law.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Brother Mythos

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 22, 2018, 10:04:08 PM
Dear Nancy Pelosi,

This is exactly why nobody likes your stupid ass.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/nancy-pelosi-impeaching-trump-still-not-a-priority-for-democrats/ar-BBMifmq?ocid=spartanntp

Yours Truly,
G Gordon Liddy

As per that article:

'Pelosi has previously stated opposition to impeaching Trump. In May, she said she didn't believe impeachment was "a policy agenda" Democrats should capitalize on in the run-up to the 2018 midterm elections.'

It appears the Democrats are more worried about energizing the Republicans, than they are about energizing their own party's members, and the many Independent/Unaffiliated voters, such as myself.

I question the wisdom of their strategy.
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Brother Mythos on August 23, 2018, 02:54:05 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 22, 2018, 10:04:08 PM
Dear Nancy Pelosi,

This is exactly why nobody likes your stupid ass.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/nancy-pelosi-impeaching-trump-still-not-a-priority-for-democrats/ar-BBMifmq?ocid=spartanntp

Yours Truly,
G Gordon Liddy

As per that article:

'Pelosi has previously stated opposition to impeaching Trump. In May, she said she didn't believe impeachment was "a policy agenda" Democrats should capitalize on in the run-up to the 2018 midterm elections.'

It appears the Democrats are more worried about energizing the Republicans, than they are about energizing their own party's members, and the many Independent/Unaffiliated voters, such as myself.

I question the wisdom of their strategy.

I distrust anyone who doesn't lose their shit when lost shit is warranted.
Molon Lube

Cain

She unilaterally ruled out impeachment proceedings for Bush as well, as I recall.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on August 23, 2018, 03:07:36 PM
She unilaterally ruled out impeachment proceedings for Bush as well, as I recall.

Yes, it was her first act as Speaker.

Then she couldn't figure out why nobody listened to her for 2 years and then promptly voted her out.
Molon Lube

tyrannosaurus vex

The Democratic Party leadership and high-ranking officials still think Trump is an anomaly. Particularly distasteful and unfortunate, but still just a blip. I'm not sure why that's as far as they're willing to go, given throngs of actual Nazis marching all over the country, but that's all it is to them. People like to bitch about how out of touch Republicans are, but Democrats are far worse. It's like they are incapable of conceiving of a situation where the republic might actually be threatened at an existential level, so they are incapable of recognizing it when it's here. As far as they know, it still is and will always be 1992, and all the same rules, from campaign strategies to social media (which, of course, wasn't a thing in 1992), will apply forever.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.