General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 25, 2018, 06:29:44 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 24, 2018, 08:45:08 PM
Quote from: Hoopla! on October 24, 2018, 08:41:20 PM
Votes on him not mentioning it at all?

He's already jabbering about how we'll get the bad guys.

Anyone else think McGinnes was in on this?  It fits his general air of incompetence.

FWIW, I don't think the Proud Boys as a group are behind the others.

They're a streetfighting group, it's all about proving their "manly virility" by shoving their fist in some poor bastard's face as part of a 10 vs 1 beatdown.  Bombs just don't have the same effect, it's a different psychological profile with different motivations.

The timing is suspicious, I will agree, but otherwise it doesn't fit.  The bomber's almost certainly from a far-right milieu though, so he may be a "fan" of the Proud Boys, even if he's not a member himself or getting help from them.

I'm going disagree on this.  The Proudboys are, above all, arrogant cunts that think they are clever.  I don't think they did it without some guidance, but they will be involved.  Check my open offer of a wager on this in the speculation thread.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

altered

I just saw that. As a trans woman myself, it's good one of the biggest public figures has finally wised the hell up.

It's also fucking disgusting it took this long, and that she has consistently undermined every attempt to point out that our Arch-Shitbaboon has as much to do with LGBT rights as Mussolini did with communism in the meantime. It sucks to say that she's also the best goddamn shot we have at making any serious change for the better from within our own wider community, or I'd say "and now she can race headlong into a running thresher."

She can still do that of course, she just first has the Sisyphean task of rolling the rights and respect for LGBT people back uphill where she helped dislodge it from. An old friend of mine would put it, "making her build a woodshed for the express purpose of taking her behind it." And if she fails, who really needs the woodshed? We'll all be subhuman down there anyway.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on October 25, 2018, 11:57:39 PM
I just saw that. As a trans woman myself, it's good one of the biggest public figures has finally wised the hell up.

It's also fucking disgusting it took this long, and that she has consistently undermined every attempt to point out that our Arch-Shitbaboon has as much to do with LGBT rights as Mussolini did with communism in the meantime. It sucks to say that she's also the best goddamn shot we have at making any serious change for the better from within our own wider community, or I'd say "and now she can race headlong into a running thresher."

She can still do that of course, she just first has the Sisyphean task of rolling the rights and respect for LGBT people back uphill where she helped dislodge it from. An old friend of mine would put it, "making her build a woodshed for the express purpose of taking her behind it." And if she fails, who really needs the woodshed? We'll all be subhuman down there anyway.

There comes a point where it's too late to say you're sorry.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 25, 2018, 07:14:29 PM

Anyone else think McGinnes was in on this?  It fits his general air of incompetence.

They're a streetfighting group, it's all about proving their "manly virility" by shoving their fist in some poor bastard's face as part of a 10 vs 1 beatdown.  Bombs just don't have the same effect, it's a different psychological profile with different motivations.

The timing is suspicious, I will agree, but otherwise it doesn't fit.  The bomber's almost certainly from a far-right milieu though, so he may be a "fan" of the Proud Boys, even if he's not a member himself or getting help from them.

I'm going disagree on this.  The Proudboys are, above all, arrogant cunts that think they are clever.  I don't think they did it without some guidance, but they will be involved.  Check my open offer of a wager on this in the speculation thread.

Yes, well, it's not like I have any special expertise on this topic or anything.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 26, 2018, 03:36:39 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 25, 2018, 07:14:29 PM

Yes, well, it's not like I have any special expertise on this topic or anything.

Of course you do.  And I have a history of badly losing bets based on a gut feeling.

I'm already composing the letter, you see, but I will ride this bastard down in flames.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

See?  And now I gotta write a letter.  :lulz:
Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 26, 2018, 01:46:58 AM
Quote from: nullified on October 25, 2018, 11:57:39 PM

There comes a point where it's too late to say you're sorry.

Oh yes, I agree. This is less "something she can do to get back into everyone's good graces" and more "penance paid before we exile her to the wastelands." She's not possible to salvage, but I'll let her fight the monster she helped create before I tell her that. It saves better people from having to do that work.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 26, 2018, 07:01:41 PM

:ECH: Have fun with that.

But seriously, there's good reasons to believe that groups like the Proud Boys, who are focusing on streetfighting, are attempting to institutionalise themselves with existing political faction.  They essentially want to become the armed wing of the Republican Party (and their networking and relationships with mid-level Republican state officials points to that).  The Identity Evropa group is doing similar things, more quietly, and it's probably where that unoriginal hack McInnes is cribbing his notes from.

They would turn to terrorist violence, eventually, but they'd do it with state backing, and they'd do it with guns and knives, as a death squad.  It's the type of violence and type of organisation and recruits they are.  They want to be the SA, anonymous bombs is how the "Muzzies" do it.  So a bombing campaign doesn't fit, especially not now, while police agencies are essentially turning a blind eye to their activities (Oregon and NYPD essentially protected them while they randomly attacked counterprotestors).  Federal heat, especially in the form of the FBI, would make them crumble.  It'd get them infiltrated, and the FBI are very, very good at getting informants in far-right groups.

I'd also like to think that if they can get a couple of hundred people to turn up for a street fight, they'd do better than some idiot in Florida was able to do on his own.

I should have guessed Florida though.  Florida has the highest concentration of hate groups in the USA outside of California and Texas, and that the bombs started showing up on the east coast first was an obvious clue.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 27, 2018, 11:28:51 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 26, 2018, 07:01:41 PM

:ECH: Have fun with that.

But seriously, there's good reasons to believe that groups like the Proud Boys, who are focusing on streetfighting, are attempting to institutionalise themselves with existing political faction.  They essentially want to become the armed wing of the Republican Party (and their networking and relationships with mid-level Republican state officials points to that).  The Identity Evropa group is doing similar things, more quietly, and it's probably where that unoriginal hack McInnes is cribbing his notes from.

They would turn to terrorist violence, eventually, but they'd do it with state backing, and they'd do it with guns and knives, as a death squad.  It's the type of violence and type of organisation and recruits they are.  They want to be the SA, anonymous bombs is how the "Muzzies" do it.  So a bombing campaign doesn't fit, especially not now, while police agencies are essentially turning a blind eye to their activities (Oregon and NYPD essentially protected them while they randomly attacked counterprotestors).  Federal heat, especially in the form of the FBI, would make them crumble.  It'd get them infiltrated, and the FBI are very, very good at getting informants in far-right groups.

I'd also like to think that if they can get a couple of hundred people to turn up for a street fight, they'd do better than some idiot in Florida was able to do on his own.

I should have guessed Florida though.  Florida has the highest concentration of hate groups in the USA outside of California and Texas, and that the bombs started showing up on the east coast first was an obvious clue.

So who's the bigger actual threat?  Proudboys or Evropa?
Molon Lube

Cain

Long term, I'm thinking Evropa.  They're more focused on bringing in college-educated guys - that's where they're recruiting, on campus, and the plan is to seed Young Republican groups at universities with their followers. 

The Proud Boys are also more...parafascist than anything else.  Fundamentally, their outlook is western chauvinism and although they're quite happy to work with white nationalists and Neo-Nazis, they themselves are not.  They accept non-white recruits, by way of an example.  They're more the Mussolini style of fascism, they want an authoritarian state with white men on top, but they're not too fussy about blacks and Latinos still being around.  Not to mention their over the top violence is alienating people.

Identity Evropa, on the other hand, are unabashedly Neo-Nazi.  Full on "Hitler did nothing wrong" "exterminate the Jews" Neo-Nazism.  And with their infiltration tactics, they have their eye on the long-term goal: Make the Republican Party not just the de facto  party of white nationalism, but the actual party of white supremacy, working from the local level up. Aside from Charlottesville (they had the "we will not be replaced" signs), they fly very low on the radar.

Cain

Oh and by the way, in the last hour, someone shot up a synagogue in Pittsburgh while screaming "kill the Jews".  8 dead, 12 wounded at this point in time.  Trump has blamed the synagogue for not having armed security.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 27, 2018, 06:00:01 PM
Oh and by the way, in the last hour, someone shot up a synagogue in Pittsburgh while screaming "kill the Jews".  8 dead, 12 wounded at this point in time.  Trump has blamed the synagogue for not having armed security.

Of COURSE he has.
Molon Lube