News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Link for the story

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/active-shooter-reported-near-pittsburgh-synagogue-n925211

QuoteA suspect was in custody on Saturday morning after a fatal shooting with multiple casualties near the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh, where Sabbath services were taking place, according to local officials.

At least 12 people were injured, three of whom appeared to be law enforcement and at least eight of which were fatalities, according to preliminary information from multiple senior law enforcement officials.

It is believed the suspect, identified by multiple law enforcement officials as Rob Bowers, 46, of Pittsburgh, was armed with an AR-15-style rifle and multiple handguns.

Congregants told MSNBC that a circumcision celebration, known as a bris, was taking place in the synagogue this morning.

And Trump's comment (video at link):

QuotePresident Trump, asked about gun laws, says the Pittsburgh synagogue should have had armed security at the bris and the gunman wouldn't be able to do what he did

Beyond the obvious, here is part of his motive for the attack:

Quotealleged suspect had post 2hrs ago blaming jewish immigration resettlement org for caravan, "likes to bring invaders in that kill our people"

altered

Oh my god. I went to Tree of Life to do research when I was in Pittsburgh. Fucking hell.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

So:

This shitbag hated Trump, not because Trump was too far right, but because he wasn't going full Axis Powers. That's right, this guy was anti-Trump because Trump wasn't enough of a Nazi, wasn't willing enough to murder innocents.

He himself is a neo-Nazi, dark enlightenment scumfuck, so you can at least partially blame Trump and his creatures anyhow.

Eleven worshippers dead at least, four police wounded. This guy was really loaded too: a rifle (AR pattern) and three handguns. No word on how heavy on ammunition he was, but he's apparently alive still. That's right, the armed attempted-cop-killer nazi scumfuck was captured alive. Chances are he ran totally dry or was loaded with weeks worth of ammo and just didn't feel like rolling those dice.

Word is on the news sites I've seen that this is probably the most deadly anti-Semitic act in US history.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Brother Mythos

Trump: 'They Probably Will Never Give' Me the Nobel Peace Prize, Despite What We've Accomplished

As per the article:

'During his speech to the Future Farmers of America, President Donald Trump went on a tangent about why he will never get a Nobel Peace Prize.

He brought up Dr. Norman Borlaug and when he received the honor in 1970, before saying this of the Nobel Peace Prize:

"We won the Nobel Peace Prize. They probably will never give it to me, even what I'm doing in Korea and Idlib province and all of these places. They probably will never give it to me. You know why? Because they don't want to."'

Here's a link: https://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-they-probably-will-never-give-me-the-nobel-peace-prize-despite-what-weve-accomplished/

I think there's a little more to it than simply "Because they don't want to."
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Cain on October 27, 2018, 06:00:01 PM
Trump has blamed the synagogue for not having armed security.

I'm not generally an angry person, but that pisses me off.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

His words since the news hit have gotten progressively less defensible. It feels like a hostile occupying power, not an elected regime.

Brother Mythos

So, we're hearing "More guns is the solution to the gun violence problem in the USofA." yet again. Unfortunately, it's not surprising, considering the source.

Oddly enough, I haven't seen/heard/read any formal response from the NRA to date. But, they've already bought and paid for enough politicians over the years, perhaps they don't really have to respond directly anymore.

Cain

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on October 28, 2018, 11:37:33 PM

It's horrific.  "It's your fault for being killed because you don't want to worship in what is essentially a fortified camp."

Quote from: nullified on October 28, 2018, 11:48:31 PM
His words since the news hit have gotten progressively less defensible. It feels like a hostile occupying power, not an elected regime.

Agreed.  He's really spiralling out of control, I think this is about the worst he's been.  And no-one seems to be trying to hold him accountable for these comments, on either side of the fence.  He's getting people killed with his lazy, racist, conspiratorial rhetoric and no-one cares.

Bruno

By 2020, he'll have every MAGA hat wearing yokel patrolling the streets with assault weapons, and expecting the rest of us to be thankful.

Demanding our thanks, even. Or else.
Formerly something else...

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

That's probably because he wasn't elected.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Brother Mythos on October 28, 2018, 03:24:51 AM
Trump: 'They Probably Will Never Give' Me the Nobel Peace Prize, Despite What We've Accomplished

As per the article:

'During his speech to the Future Farmers of America, President Donald Trump went on a tangent about why he will never get a Nobel Peace Prize.

He brought up Dr. Norman Borlaug and when he received the honor in 1970, before saying this of the Nobel Peace Prize:

"We won the Nobel Peace Prize. They probably will never give it to me, even what I'm doing in Korea and Idlib province and all of these places. They probably will never give it to me. You know why? Because they don't want to."'

Here's a link: https://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-they-probably-will-never-give-me-the-nobel-peace-prize-despite-what-weve-accomplished/

I think there's a little more to it than simply "Because they don't want to."

To be fair, they gave a Nobel Prize to Egas Moniz; that's on par with giving one to Trump.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

hooplala

Quote from: Cain on October 29, 2018, 05:35:29 AM
Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on October 28, 2018, 11:37:33 PM

It's horrific.  "It's your fault for being killed because you don't want to worship in what is essentially a fortified camp."

Agreed.  He's really spiralling out of control, I think this is about the worst he's been.  And no-one seems to be trying to hold him accountable for these comments, on either side of the fence.  He's getting people killed with his lazy, racist, conspiratorial rhetoric and no-one cares.

When asked if he was planning to tone down his rhetoric in response to the recent bombingns, he said he would like "tone up" instead.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

PopeTom

''The president's not trying to reach his base by denouncing anti-Semitism and asking everybody to rise above hate..."

Kellyanne Conway, Counselor to the President

I guess this says a lot about Donald Trump's base.
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Cain

She also tried to blame the attack on "anti-religosity" rather than the blatant anti-semitism.  The government is doing apologetics for a Neo-Nazi killer.

Brother Mythos

Trump and his Trump Oganization RICO suit: pyramid scheme near denial

As per the article:

"A civil RICO suit has been brought against The Trump Organization, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump and Ivanka Trump in United States District Court for their participation in a pyramid scheme"

Here's a link: https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/10/29/1808194/-Trump-and-his-Trump-Organization-RICO-suit