News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

They're shelling and bombing civilian areas indiscriminately. Their plans for northern Syria require wholesale ethnic cleansing, so this is their way of going about it. Civilians are fleeing in large numbers, and there are rumours that the YPG is already staging counter-attacks.

This is going to be a slaughter.

LMNO

Last year, Samantha Bee went to Kurdistan and talked to the people there.  They all loved Trump, because "he's paying attention to us!"

I don't think there will be anyone left to do a follow-up interview on that point.

Cain

I can tell you that a LOT of people associated with the YPG have never shared that viewpoint. They knew this knife in the back was coming...there wasnt much they could do, but it had been anticipated for a while now.

Of course, the YPG are also Marxist atheists, so...

Frontside Back

How high is the possibility for ISIS getting another chance of doing terrible things to masses of people?
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Cain

They are doing it right now. Who do you think Turkey is recruiting into their local militias?

Faust

So what happens to Lisa Smith and the other prisoners who Ireland and the UK were talking about revoking citizinship of, who currently has custody of them?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Well, that's where it gets really fun. Because the YPG and SDF don't have the manpower to both run prisoner of war camps and fight Turkey. Now don't get me wrong, the Kurds can still be pretty nasty by Geneva conventions standards, but they're not the "lets slit the throats of unarmed prisoners before we march to war" kind of brutal.

So they're essentially abandoning the camps. Leaving a token force to keep order. There will be escapes, and riots, and the Turks will likely target them to conscript the prisoners into their sham "Free Syrian Army."

But that's all OK, because ISIS has been defeated. Trump said so. And it's not like ISIS had an infamous jailbreak campaign in 2012 that helped them rebuild or anything...

Faust

I thought it had gotten too quiet are we over a year since the last ISIS stabbing, lorry etc. Its very hard to hold them up as a specter to spook the public with if they are too weak to do that.
Not that I think that is trumps intention or anything, I think its discourteous to assume he thinks beyond the next five minutes.

Faust

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on October 09, 2019, 07:58:39 PM
Jesus that didn't take long:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/09/women-and-children-expected-to-break-out-from-al-hawl-camp

Cain hit the nail right on the head in this one.

This fucking thing is on rails.  This is the century of shame & failure.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I am thinking Erdogan thinks of himself as the next Mustafa.
Molon Lube

Cain

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 09, 2019, 09:20:00 PM
Quote from: Faust on October 09, 2019, 07:58:39 PM
Jesus that didn't take long:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/09/women-and-children-expected-to-break-out-from-al-hawl-camp

There's been problems there for weeks. It was definitely on my list as a top candidate for a prison break.

The description of that camp reads like the worst parts of Dante.
Molon Lube

Cain

It wouldn't be my first choice for a holiday destination, no. The Kurds are doing what they can, but with only so much money to go around...it's very limited. That's always been the problem for the SDF.