News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on February 06, 2020, 06:59:08 PM
Quote from: Bruno on February 06, 2020, 05:57:26 PM
I'm still a little vague on the verdict. Was he found to be not guilty, or acquitted on the grounds that using federal funds to extort a foreign leader into interfering in an election just isn't that big of a deal?
He's still impeached, tho, and now joins the "infamous seventeen" federal officials who have been. It's just a black spot on his record, essentially.

It's also completely unhinged him.

From our POV, it's like when the protagonist of Starship Troopers complains that the tattoo needle hurts, and his buddy says "no, this hurts" and pours bourbon on the affected area.

We're the guys with the bourbon bottle.  The rest of the world is the protagonist.

This is the best time to be alive, ever.
Molon Lube

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

In light of all this I'd like to remind all of you to donate money to the Democratic party so hopefully we can unseat this clown. I donated 225 dollars this week
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on February 06, 2020, 09:08:23 PM
In light of all this I'd like to remind all of you to donate money to the Democratic party so hopefully we can unseat this clown. I donated 225 dollars this week

I'm not entirely convinced the Democrats want to unseat him.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Juana

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 06, 2020, 08:03:43 PM
I'm still a little vague on the verdict. Was he found to be not guilty, or acquitted on the grounds that using federal funds to extort a foreign leader into interfering in an election just isn't that big of a deal?
He's still impeached, tho, and now joins the "infamous seventeen" federal officials who have been. It's just a black spot on his record, essentially.

From our POV, it's like when the protagonist of Starship Troopers complains that the tattoo needle hurts, and his buddy says "no, this hurts" and pours bourbon on the affected area.

We're the guys with the bourbon bottle.  The rest of the world is the protagonist.

It sure fucking has! It's pretty horrormirth-y, especially bc he wasn't well hinged in the first place.

It's certainly very exciting.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on February 06, 2020, 10:14:29 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 06, 2020, 08:03:43 PM

It sure fucking has! It's pretty horrormirth-y, especially bc he wasn't well hinged in the first place.

It's certainly very exciting.

Did you see that simpering toad in Utah go after Romney?

Even by today's standards, it's gag-worthy.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/481877-republican-utah-state-lawmaker-files-resolution-to-censure-romney-over?fbclid=IwAR3Z6ogV9xeZnk7AV54t4N_uD5q-OgMC_ZHnOHwLOygRCinZ4bOgrYbyn4g#.XjyDyhxipYs.facebook

Quote"We're not censuring him for voting his conscience. We're censuring him for the positions that he's taken through this whole process," Lyman said. "And to send a message that we want to have good relationships with the White House, we want to have good relationships with President Trump."

- State Rep. Phil Lyman, on his filing of an official censure of Mitt Romney for not voting to acquit Trump.
Molon Lube

Pergamos

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 06, 2020, 01:54:43 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on February 06, 2020, 01:03:38 PM
Quote from: Cain on February 06, 2020, 12:05:21 AM
Maybe they'll flip the Senate...but it doesn't seem likely.

:lol:
if dems take the senate, I wonder if they can run an impeachment lightning round without calling any witnesses

ah, it's a fun / terrifying fantasy

Fun fact:  There is no double jeopardy rule on impeachments.

There's also plenty of other things to impeach him for.

Pergamos

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on February 06, 2020, 09:17:49 PM
Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on February 06, 2020, 09:08:23 PM

I'm not entirely convinced the Democrats want to unseat him.

I'm fairly convinced they don't.  He makes them all look wonderful.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

This is going to be the dumbest civil war ever.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 10, 2020, 05:57:09 PM

I don't think that will happen.  I just think that one day the lights will go out.
Molon Lube

Cain

I'm hoping it does, though.

I'm going to sell Q-shaped medallions that turn bullets to water on the internet if it does.

Doktor Howl

From the Never Saw THIS Coming Department:

https://apnews.com/b8f19f83f70d382e563a68594b909bbc

QuoteWASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump suggested Tuesday that the Pentagon should review the conduct of a former White House national security aide who played a central role in the Democrats' impeachment case and potentially consider disciplinary action against him.

And then this gem:

Quotequote]Robert O'Brien, Trump's national security adviser, said later Tuesday that Alexander Vindman was not asked to leave his White House job in retaliation for his testimony in the Democrats' impeachment case.

"There 's absolutely no retaliation with respect to the Vindmans as far as impeachment goes," O'Brien said at an event hosted by the Atlantic Council. "But the president is entitled to a staff that he has confidence in and that he believes will execute his policy."

So there's no retaliation, just a little retaliation.
Molon Lube

Bruno

Quote from: Cain on February 10, 2020, 05:57:09 PM

When we're gone, no one will even name their sports teams after us.  :sad:
Formerly something else...

Juana

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 12, 2020, 04:28:58 PM

QuoteWASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump suggested Tuesday that the Pentagon should review the conduct of a former White House national security aide who played a central role in the Democrats' impeachment case and potentially consider disciplinary action against him.

And then this gem:

Quotequote]Robert O'Brien, Trump's national security adviser, said later Tuesday that Alexander Vindman was not asked to leave his White House job in retaliation for his testimony in the Democrats' impeachment case.

"There 's absolutely no retaliation with respect to the Vindmans as far as impeachment goes," O'Brien said at an event hosted by the Atlantic Council. "But the president is entitled to a staff that he has confidence in and that he believes will execute his policy."

It's amazing what horseshit he gets away with. Teflon Don indeed.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on February 12, 2020, 08:08:31 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 12, 2020, 04:28:58 PM

And then this gem:

It's amazing what horseshit he gets away with. Teflon Don indeed.

That's on account of the dems categorically refusing to understand that the rules changed.
Molon Lube