News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Junkenstein

Just reminding people that the other, more significant confederate flag was white.

Why the idiot is supporting the losing side, 150 odd years after the loss is telling. He probably is after the South rising again so he can be king of it.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

And with being king of the rednecks he can finally fulfill his lifelong wish, marry and screw his daughter turn his family tree into a big beautiful circle.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Juana

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 12, 2020, 12:50:47 AM
Just reminding people that the other, more significant confederate flag was white.

Why the idiot is supporting the losing side, 150 odd years after the loss is telling. He probably is after the South rising again so he can be king of it.
And they'd let him, despite the APPROPRIATE american attitude towards monarchy being "fuck you, no."
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

altered

It's legal to deny me medical care now. Any medical care. I could be the next Tyra Hunter and there's nothing to be done about it.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Nibor the Priest

I'm really sorry, altered. Solidarity to trans siblings. Love and anger.

LMNO

altered, if anything goes sideways for you, please let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

altered

Quote from: LMNO on June 14, 2020, 07:35:13 PM
altered, if anything goes sideways for you, please let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

Right now the plan is: barebones survival in TX, acquire a stable address that I can rely on for two or more months, get a passport ordered, keep my fucking head down, receive the passport eventually, get to NZ, claim asylum.

They gave a British trans lady asylum last year or the year before. No doubt in my mind I could get asylum from the US now.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

LMNO

Not that this immediately addresses your concerns, but the SCOTUS ruling was a nice way to wake up this morning.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: LMNO on June 15, 2020, 06:29:05 PM
Not that this immediately addresses your concerns, but the SCOTUS ruling was a nice way to wake up this morning.

Yessir! Equal is Equal

Pergamos

Quote from: LMNO on June 15, 2020, 06:29:05 PM

Depends on which one, they also ruled to preserve qualified immunity for cops, and approved a Pipeline down the appalachian trail.

altered

I've been waiting until I had the energy and coherence to put this together.

This ruling does fuck all for me.

This ruling is a win for SPECIFICALLY:
Stably housed
Able bodied
Gainfully employed or possible to become such
Residents of states that don't have at-will employment
And who are filthy fucking rich.

Why?

No permanent address, no work. PO Boxes in a job application, they toss the application instantly, I have first hand awareness of this.

Disabled, you CAN'T WORK some jobs. Incidentally, many job listings are set up to subtly exclude disabled individuals from even trying to apply: look at how many data entry jobs involve lifting 20+ lbs as part of the "reasonable expected workload". I sound like a conspiracy theorist about this until you spend ten minutes on Indeed.

Not employed right now, good fucking luck getting a job in this economy you unlucky son of a bitch. Of course, some folks have "fallback" jobs with family members or friends, either small business or company nepotism. They'll be fine.

If you're in an at-will employment state, this changed nothing and they can replace "trans" "gay" whatever with "a poor performer" or "not a team player".

And if you aren't rich, the sad truth is that laws like these are retroactive. They are remedies to an insult, not preventative measures. In order to meaningfully benefit from their protection, you need to be able to credibly threaten legal action at any time of day. This requires money.

I am none of these.

And if you read my freak out, you'd know the employment thing was never that big of a deal for me. It was a smack in the fucking face, that's all it was. I was not too upset by it because of the exact issues mentioned above, it was just a shitty thing to hear. As I said, "who cares".

Under the current ruling, I am permitted to engage in capitalist commerce but not permitted to ensure my own fucking survival.

If anything, it's even WORSE.

minuspace

Quote from: altered on June 16, 2020, 06:13:00 AM

Why?

No permanent address, no work. PO Boxes in a job application, they toss the application instantly, I have first hand awareness of this.

I can sympathize with the whole catch-22 tactic you are experiencing. Pretty much everything I need do get done now gets put in this loop that sets the objective back in the prerequisite field. I don't mean to add further injury (economic) to your situation but a friend of mine was using a USPS box to get his tax returns and they (USPS) did offer to provide him with a regular street address that ported directly to the box (for a small fee, of course, which he was unwilling to pay, also, Uncle Sam don't give a fuck where he sends his bills)

Doktor Howl

When everyone hates you because you're being a shit, the best thing to do is sign an executive order in a manner that oversteps your authority.

https://apnews.com/77871ed6e38c0416a67f03345a0a853e
Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 16, 2020, 08:25:42 PM
When everyone hates you because you're being a shit, the best thing to do is sign an executive order in a manner that oversteps your authority.

https://apnews.com/77871ed6e38c0416a67f03345a0a853e

I swore we had a whole GROUP in government for this purpose, something about a tree of legalese? I don't know I'm probably just full of that left wing crazy sauce