News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bu🤠ns

Also he knew very well what he was doing by bringing up John Lewis. This hearing wasn't in a vacuum...although it always feels like it.

Doktor Howl

Barr is Trump's Roy Cohen, he's in until the bitter end.
Molon Lube

Cain

And given Roy Cohn was Trump's Roy Cohn at one stage, it's probably fair to say he knew what he was looking for in Barr.

Bu🤠ns

I just can't wrap my head around what stake Barr has in this. At risk of sounding like some kind of truther, is Barr already entrenched in some way? The fact that his father, Donald Barr, was close with a 22 year old Epstein... HW Bush fixer...like why come out of retirement at this point? or in what way is dogboy Barr entrenched in all of this?

altered

In any corrupt organization, it is easy to find people who have no existing self interest willing to risk it all for the organization because they:
Agree with it
Want to belong to an exclusive clique that they believe will attain power (thus getting a sort of immunity by community and/or access to power)

He doesn't need to be entrenched already. Just to have an ideological alignment, a sycophantic instinct, or reason to believe they will preserve him and/or his reputation from unrelated crimes.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Junkenstein

Logically, that all makes sense. But these are the horrible times and I've still got 80,000 lira on Barr fired by October. You can't say it's not worth a punt.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

altered

Never bet against a sure thing, Junkie.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Junkenstein

In these times, always throw a few quid at the horrible impossible.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

This could be one plausible explanation.

"He believes the president should be more powerful than Congress and the courts. In his mind, that's the only thing that can keep the country safe when it is threatened by war, natural disaster, or economic collapse. He believes that is what the founders intended... He believes that if you look at American history, it's been the presidency that has been able to intervene when we've faced war or economic calamity or natural disaster. And Congress has dithered and the courts simply don't have the mechanisms to respond. He really believes this in his bones."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on July 29, 2020, 08:52:32 PM

"He believes the president should be more powerful than Congress and the courts. In his mind, that's the only thing that can keep the country safe when it is threatened by war, natural disaster, or economic collapse. He believes that is what the founders intended... He believes that if you look at American history, it's been the presidency that has been able to intervene when we've faced war or economic calamity or natural disaster. And Congress has dithered and the courts simply don't have the mechanisms to respond. He really believes this in his bones."

That's not enough to avoid the tar and feathers.
Molon Lube

The Johnny

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 29, 2020, 11:01:38 PM

That's not enough to avoid the tar and feathers.

But who will you call when the president is the biggest threat to the countries safety and what the fuck are checks and balances - everything would be 1000x times simpler if you guys just fought on the fascists side in WWII and save everyone the trouble and incoherence.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Juana

Dick Cheney vibes. 🙄
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Juana on July 30, 2020, 04:59:28 PM

Dick Cheney vibes. 🙄

Much worse. I consider Cheney a rational strategist compared to Barr. He is a low key fanatical Dominionist setting up for the return of Authoritarian Jesus, methinks.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Juana

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 30, 2020, 05:55:43 PM
Quote from: Juana on July 30, 2020, 04:59:28 PM

Dick Cheney vibes. 🙄

Much worse. I consider Cheney a rational strategist compared to Barr. He is a low key fanatical Dominionist setting up for the return of Authoritarian Jesus, methinks.
I don't know a whole lot about him but I wouldn't be sure, given who Trump has surrounded himself with
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Juana

:lulz:  :lulz:  :lulz:

Citing Election Delay Tweet, Influential Trump Ally Now Demands His Re-Impeachment

QuoteCalabresi declared himself "appalled" by the tweet, which he characterized as "seeking to postpone the November election."

"Until recently, I had taken as political hyperbole the Democrats' assertion that President Trump is a fascist," the conservative legal scholar wrote. "But this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president's immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate."
:peedee:
:spittake:
INFINITE :popcorn: