Author Topic: General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread  (Read 380874 times)

Fujikoma

• Potato God
  • Outlandish
  • Pheremone Octopi of Spiked Intrusion
    • View Profile
Re: General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread
« Reply #4350 on: November 19, 2020, 07:16:09 am »
Is anybody else at least slightly worried that all these vote cases seem to be getting rammed through just to fail so they can be brought up in a higher court? *eyes the conservative majority on the supreme court warily*

Bruno

• Rooty Tooty Schadenfreude
  • Deserved It
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: November 19, 2020, 07:47:01 am »
I'm more worried about what he's doing to sabotage the country just to make Biden look bad.
Formerly something else...

The Johnny

• did nots
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: November 19, 2020, 07:53:25 am »
I'm more worried about what he's doing to sabotage the country just to make Biden look bad.

I heard he pulled out troops from Middle East without warning or chance to prepare for it, so i suppose some people are gonna die... i dont see how he can pin that on Biden tho.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

PoFP

• Word-Salad Enthusiast and Terrified Meat Sack
  • Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: November 19, 2020, 02:03:30 pm »
The Supreme Court's generally staying out of the cases, leaving them as States' Rights issues (Never thought I'd say "States' Rights" in a positive context...). They acted on one if I recall, and it was a minor change to the proceedings that didn't actually affect the outcome of the race or whether States could certify.

What he's doing in the Middle East and to hamper Biden's transition is definitely worse than these court cases. He's pulling troops out of the Middle East and simultaneously trying to sell F-35 Fighter Jets to the United Arab Emirates, who have been involved in plenty of conflicts over the years, and aren't exactly friends with Iran, who we are currently a bit tense with.

He's either stupid and just sees this as a money grab (Kushner's been pushing for this deal, so I'm assuming the whole family benefits somehow), or he's sabataging Middle East peace talks (Specifically with Iran if I recall? Someone correct me if I'm wrong) to make Biden's job harder out of spite. Or, he sees it as a two-for-one deal. My money's on the latter.
Automate myself out of a job? Of course not. That's selfish as fuck. I'm automating EVERYONE out of a job.

chaotic neutral observer

• Groucho Marxist
  • Deserved It
  • I saw what you did and I'm okay with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: November 19, 2020, 02:24:54 pm »
A rusty Giuliani returns to the courtroom on Trump's behalf  (AP)

“In the plaintiffs’ counties, they were denied the opportunity to have an unobstructed observation and ensure opacity,” Giuliani said. “I’m not quite sure I know what opacity means. It probably means you can see, right?”

“It means you can’t,” said U.S. District Judge Matthew Brann.

“Big words, your honor,” Giuliani said.

:lulz:
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

PoFP

• Word-Salad Enthusiast and Terrified Meat Sack
  • Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: November 19, 2020, 02:46:00 pm »
A rusty Giuliani returns to the courtroom on Trump's behalf  (AP)

“In the plaintiffs’ counties, they were denied the opportunity to have an unobstructed observation and ensure opacity,” Giuliani said. “I’m not quite sure I know what opacity means. It probably means you can see, right?”

“It means you can’t,” said U.S. District Judge Matthew Brann.

“Big words, your honor,” Giuliani said.

:lulz:

Omfg  :lulz:
Automate myself out of a job? Of course not. That's selfish as fuck. I'm automating EVERYONE out of a job.

Fujikoma

• Potato God
  • Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: November 19, 2020, 06:29:00 pm »

Doktor Howl

• Hostile Technology Geek
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile
"It's how we roll,
Dunning-Krueger out of control
(Girl, look at that gross margin)"
- TGRR

Evil doesn't work without good people. Good people will do the most repugnant, nasty shit for what they think are "the right reasons"

Fujikoma

• Potato God
  • Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: November 19, 2020, 07:09:29 pm »
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/19/politics/gop-michigan-results-trump/index.html

Welp, looks like the next step may be a doozy.

Except that it isn't.

https://apnews.com/article/detroit-county-election-certification-6ab95edd3373ecc9607381175d6f3328

“There is no legal mechanism for them to rescind their vote. Their job is done, and the next step in the process is for the Board of State Canvassers to meet and certify,” said Tracy Wimmer, a spokeswoman for the Michigan secretary of state.

The four-member state board, which is expected to meet Monday, is split with two Democrats and two Republicans — the same makeup as the Wayne County board.

Hmm, two republicans on the state board, too. What are the odds they lack the integrity and spine to stand up to Trump?

Pergamos

• Deserved It
  • Did it for the cookies.
    • View Profile

Bruno

• Rooty Tooty Schadenfreude
  • Deserved It
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: November 21, 2020, 07:17:28 am »
The trumpists are making a big deal about this:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/about/circuitAssignments.aspx

No idea what it means, if anything really.
Formerly something else...