News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

Fun with funghi

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, January 06, 2017, 07:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanadium Gryllz

I like to walk through a nearby forest and take pictures of mushrooms.

Here are some of them.

"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Freeky

Bu🤠ns

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

rong

Cool.  I've recently learned that I have tons of amanita muscaria that pop up on my property every year.  They have quite an interesting history and I'm very tempted to try them.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: rong on January 07, 2017, 09:40:38 PM
Cool.  I've recently learned that I have tons of amanita muscaria that pop up on my property every year.  They have quite an interesting history and I'm very tempted to try them.

If you do, make sure that they are THOROUGHLY dried or cooked, and make sure you have someone on standby in case you go catatonic, mostly just to make sure you don't aspirate on your own vomit or anything. Be prepared to piss yourself. It's not a fun recreational trip like psilocybin, by any means, but some people do find the experience profound. They vary in chemical content significantly from mushroom to mushroom, so IMO your best bet is to collect and dry several, grind them, and then experiment with dosage titration using the combined ground mushrooms.

You need to suppress the first wave of nausea that comes 10-15 minutes after you eat them, but if you have another wave like an hour later, it's OK to barf then.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

They get dinner-plate size here. They're said to be good eating if you boil them twice and discard the water before preparing them to eat.

rong

I appreciate you chiming in - you're info jives with the research I've been doing.  Except your comment us the first I've heard about pissing oneself... Vomiting, sure...

Anyhow, I'm reluctant to try them because of the negative side effects... But I'm just so damn intrigued by their history I can't seem to quit picking at it if you follow me.

From what I understand it acts on the same receptors as alcohol so I expect a degree of similarity.

I've been comparing preparation methods and it seems like sun tea provides the best results. But I also think its wise to dry, grind and mix the entire harvest in order to homogenize the sample so to speak.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: rong on January 08, 2017, 03:23:44 AM
I appreciate you chiming in - you're info jives with the research I've been doing.  Except your comment us the first I've heard about pissing oneself... Vomiting, sure...

Anyhow, I'm reluctant to try them because of the negative side effects... But I'm just so damn intrigued by their history I can't seem to quit picking at it if you follow me.

From what I understand it acts on the same receptors as alcohol so I expect a degree of similarity.

I've been comparing preparation methods and it seems like sun tea provides the best results. But I also think its wise to dry, grind and mix the entire harvest in order to homogenize the sample so to speak.

While both alcohol and muscarine are GABA agonists, muscarine is predominantly an acetylcholine agonist, and has very very different effects and subjective experience than alcohol.

rong

I've seen very little info about muscarine, but gobs about muscimol and ibotenic acid (and Santa Claus)

Eater of Clowns

Is that one of the ones where you can pee out the trippy stuff? You could put up an "I'll let you drink my mushroom pee if you make sure I don't choke to death on my own puke" Craigslist ad.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Eater of Clowns

Those are pretty pictures, by the way.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: rong on January 08, 2017, 01:22:57 PM
I've seen very little info about muscarine, but gobs about muscimol and ibotenic acid (and Santa Claus)

Hmmm... google "Amanita muscaria mechanism of action". The type of cholinergic receptors it agonizes are actually named for it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 08, 2017, 02:08:57 PM
Is that one of the ones where you can pee out the trippy stuff? You could put up an "I'll let you drink my mushroom pee if you make sure I don't choke to death on my own puke" Craigslist ad.

Yes! Humans don't metabolize it so it comes out the other end intact.