News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

It'd be a shame if it were somehow blown out the house by a freak gust of wind, then caught on fire, stamped on (to put the fire out) and then had its ashes poured down a drain.

So terrible.

hooplala

Quote from: Cain on June 15, 2017, 04:06:29 PM
It'd be a shame if it were somehow blown out the house by a freak gust of wind, then caught on fire, stamped on (to put the fire out) and then had its ashes poured down a drain.

So terrible.

Tragic.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trivial on June 15, 2017, 03:28:28 AM
Today I learned the first disco in Seattle was opened in 1973 and was a gay bar called "Shelly's leg" and it was named after a dancer named Shelly who lost her leg in a confetti cannon accident and used the insurance/lawsuit settlement money to open a gay disco.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelly%27s_Leg

This is very amazing and I can't believe I've never heard of it before!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on June 15, 2017, 03:25:45 PM
This is hanging in my mother-in-law's bathroom.

But it's okay, it's "cute" and "vintage-style". And if there's a problem, you should just grow up, according to a reliable source.

Holy shit.

WTF, white people?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bruno

Living in the south, I'm surprised I don't see more of this kind of stuff. I remember years ago, I had an aunt and uncle that had those black "lawn jockeys" in their front yard. Even when I was a kid, i thought they were a bit odd.

I do see plenty of "rebel" flags, though. Lately I've noticed more trucks with large "rebel" flags, (and U.S. flags) in the bed.

It's disturbing some of the things people have nostalgia for.
Formerly something else...

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 15, 2017, 04:44:42 PM

But it's okay, it's "cute" and "vintage-style". And if there's a problem, you should just grow up, according to a reliable source.

Holy shit.

WTF, white people?

I'm at a loss. I'm also something like 900 miles away. My wife is visiting there and sent me the photo. I am unimpressed, even for this woman.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on June 15, 2017, 05:52:24 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 15, 2017, 04:44:42 PM

Holy shit.

WTF, white people?

I'm at a loss. I'm also something like 900 miles away. My wife is visiting there and sent me the photo. I am unimpressed, even for this woman.

I want to call this "the racist-est towel" but I'm worried that doing so will invite the Universe to demonstrate that no, there is somehow an even more racist towel out there, and I don't think I could handle that.

Cain

hooplala

Quote from: Cain on June 15, 2017, 10:19:13 PM
That was probably a good idea.  For those who want to see.

I like how she slipped "slavery" in there in a light font, so it wasn't as noticeable.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cain

I think the things in black font are meant to be bad, because it also has "wants sharia law" and "safe spaces" in the same colour.  However, she probably means slavery to the pro-EU liberal agenda. 

Now you might say "plausible, but that's a bit of an assumption".  However, I didn't live too far from Corfe Castle and I know what people there are like.  I may not know her, but I almost certainly know people in her customer base.

Nice part of the country to go camping, though.

Trivial

My sister's husband thinks people are "planting bunnies" in the yard to mess with their dog.   :?
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

hooplala

Quote from: Trivial on June 16, 2017, 04:16:15 AM
My sister's husband thinks people are "planting bunnies" in the yard to mess with their dog.   :?

Thinks?

Convince him.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Trivial

Quote from: Hoopla on June 16, 2017, 04:46:58 AM

Thinks?

Convince him.

Their dachshund caught one and that's the conclusion that he came to.

Trivial

Chain to float in toilet also slipped out, he thinks someone broke into the house to mess with the toilet.

hooplala

Quote from: Trivial on June 16, 2017, 04:49:41 AM
Quote from: Hoopla on June 16, 2017, 04:46:58 AM

Thinks?

Convince him.

Their dachshund caught one and that's the conclusion that he came to.

If it were me, I would start planting evidence that people indeed planting bunnies.

Mind you, I'm a horrible bastard.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman