News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

axod

"somebody please fetch the field effect transducer"
just this

minuspace

Cain

I just had an interesting chat with HR.

I told them that I don't think the Board understand how businesses work, or at least understand how their business works very well.  I explained to them about how having a reactive strategy that revolves around bringing in more staff on a temporary basis and shifting the onus onto students directly will no doubt save money in the short term, but that these choices have hidden costs (financial and otherwise) that are associated with them, that will end up eating away that those marginal gains.  This is when they have not even explored possibilities for additional income revenues which could quite easily be added to the current business model, which I gave several examples of.  I also explained that the way in which they were going about this would also generate a lot of hostility in whatever staff do remain, and that this would undoubtedly affect the quality of service, which is a very real problem when that is your USP.

They went a rather interesting shade of purple.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on August 31, 2018, 04:58:28 PM
I just had an interesting chat with HR.

I told them that I don't think the Board understand how businesses work, or at least understand how their business works very well.  I explained to them about how having a reactive strategy that revolves around bringing in more staff on a temporary basis and shifting the onus onto students directly will no doubt save money in the short term, but that these choices have hidden costs (financial and otherwise) that are associated with them, that will end up eating away that those marginal gains.  This is when they have not even explored possibilities for additional income revenues which could quite easily be added to the current business model, which I gave several examples of.  I also explained that the way in which they were going about this would also generate a lot of hostility in whatever staff do remain, and that this would undoubtedly affect the quality of service, which is a very real problem when that is your USP.

They went a rather interesting shade of purple.

Even if you are totally proven right, they will still drive the ship onto the rocks.  169% guaranteed.
Molon Lube

Cain

Oh, they totally will.  I also found out today that none of the franchise schools (which currently employ me) made a profit last year.

This is despite them already been massively overpriced for what you get.  I also overhead a talk with the activities manager....so a big thing with schools, especially the less, uh, academically renowned ones, is that the social and events calendar can be a really big draw.  The ones in Switzerland go all out on this, you would not believe the kind of events they put on, or how much they are willing to pay for high quality trips and events.  Skiing lessons, caving, nature trails, trips to other parts of Europe...

Our department, on the other hand, is being allocated less than the cost of a single student's full year tuition fee.  For 200+ students, in central London.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on August 31, 2018, 05:12:33 PM
Oh, they totally will.  I also found out today that none of the franchise schools (which currently employ me) made a profit last year.

This is despite them already been massively overpriced for what you get.  I also overhead a talk with the activities manager....so a big thing with schools, especially the less, uh, academically renowned ones, is that the social and events calendar can be a really big draw.  The ones in Switzerland go all out on this, you would not believe the kind of events they put on, or how much they are willing to pay for high quality trips and events.  Skiing lessons, caving, nature trails, trips to other parts of Europe...

Our department, on the other hand, is being allocated less than the cost of a single student's full year tuition fee.  For 200+ students, in central London.

So, less than half a percent of the revenue stream?  :lulz:

How long has that been going on?
Molon Lube

Cain

Past 3 years.  Also no end of year prom.   :lulz:

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Wow.  Felix Nothis has turned into quite the little Nazi over the last few years.
Molon Lube

Cain

He was literally posting #FreeTommyRobinson when I decided to finally unfriend him.  Robinson is former BNP/British Freedom Party (BNP splinter group) before going on to found the EDL and then getting involved with Pegida.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on September 01, 2018, 06:19:09 AM
He was literally posting #FreeTommyRobinson when I decided to finally unfriend him.  Robinson is former BNP/British Freedom Party (BNP splinter group) before going on to found the EDL and then getting involved with Pegida.

A lot of PDers are still friended with him, which is like walking out of the bathroom with some toilet paper sticking out of you pants.
Molon Lube

Cain

I'm going to generously assume that they simply have not seen evidence of those things yet.  He was off FB for a year, and posted erratically even before then...Zuck's Magic Algorthim likely places his content on a lower priority as a result (as far as I can tell, FB works off interaction with groups and posts, and then promotes that content you engage with most).

But I will say right now that if anyone is OK with him spreading this bullshit, feel free to unfriend me.  Robinson's Nazi trash, his associates and "comrades in arms" have threatened me, personally, in the past.  If you're OK with that, then we don't have much to discuss.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on September 01, 2018, 08:18:07 AM
I'm going to generously assume that they simply have not seen evidence of those things yet.  He was off FB for a year, and posted erratically even before then...Zuck's Magic Algorthim likely places his content on a lower priority as a result (as far as I can tell, FB works off interaction with groups and posts, and then promotes that content you engage with most).

But I will say right now that if anyone is OK with him spreading this bullshit, feel free to unfriend me.  Robinson's Nazi trash, his associates and "comrades in arms" have threatened me, personally, in the past.  If you're OK with that, then we don't have much to discuss.

:mittens:

Stella and I have been dragging him all night.  He has a Lys-like ability to alternate between Richard Spencer sneers and hilarious screeching.
Molon Lube

Cain

Once again, FB fails me.  I have been on for the last couple of hours and not seen any of that.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on September 01, 2018, 08:43:10 AM
Once again, FB fails me.  I have been on for the last couple of hours and not seen any of that.

I can't believe that it took me 7 years to realize that Lys and Felix were the same person, and I needed Faust to prompt me.
Molon Lube