News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

I know you don't like excuses, but I have a really good one.

Started by Doktor Howl, June 12, 2018, 04:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on June 13, 2018, 11:38:38 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 12, 2018, 04:57:57 PM
Quote from: LMNO on June 12, 2018, 04:51:12 PM
Is this the kinder, gentler Roger I've been hearing so much about?

No, Roger was killed when he forgot his safe word during the Recent Unpleasantness.

Honestly, people.  When a man comes by to offer a non-excuse, the least you can do is not mistake him for some dead fucker that nobody really liked anyway.  Roger was laid to rest in the great plastic island in the pacific.  By which we mean, "we pushed the stiff out of the cargo door and wouldn't you know he managed to hit dead center."  Horrible, right?  He's basically interred in a mass of disposable diapers and water bottles.  And when the UV finally decays all of that plastic, centuries after we're gone, his immaculate and incorrupt body will just sort of float around like a message in a bottle.  You never know where it's going to turn up, though it won't really be the same if everyone is already dead and there's nobody to traumatize.

This is sad. Surely all of that back hair is more dangerous to sea life than the entirety of the trash island.

"Sea life."  :lulz:  You Stegosauruses are SO optimistic.
Molon Lube

bpseudopod

(Wait, did something called The Great Seriousness™ actually happen?)

Doktor Howl

Quote from: bpseudopod on June 13, 2018, 06:50:06 PM
(Wait, did something called The Great Seriousness™ actually happen?)

Yes.  For like 4 years, then it all exploded violently in December of 2015 and everyone died.
Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 13, 2018, 04:03:44 PM
Quote from: Faust on June 13, 2018, 09:13:21 AM
Isn't the clear answer to get some of those to come back, if they wanted to be here?

Sure you and Nigel had your reasons for falling out, conversely you are the two most stubborn people on the planet. Or Brenton, there isn't a bad bone in that lads body, I'm reading his book at the moment and its making me remember the energy and positivity Discordia had when we were really active.

Brenton's very first interaction with me, years and years ago when the first few intermittens were happening, was to hand me a really, really nasty slam on my writing.  Polite as hell, but polite the way a pile of rattlesnakes is polite...and it didn't get any better after that.  He may be a nice guy, but I have never seen it.  In fact, from my point of view, there aren't any GOOD bones in his body, either.  He sort of slithers all over the place.

As for Nigel, it's beyond "stubborn" or "angry" or even "hate".  It's just that 9 years of destructive conditioning was plenty, to be honest, and there is no remaining basis for anything resembling friendship or even civility.  Hasn't been any since 2010 if we're being honest about it.  Not to say that Nigel isn't smart, she taught me plenty...Not least of which, she taught me why abused people will keep forgiving their abuser, until one day they don't.  So it's not stubbornness that's the problem.

I'm all about being active, but I am not sure we could be active in exactly the same manner we were active in before.  After all, it was Nigel that slung the million ton ball of shit while I was trying to propose a new form for this board LAST time we talked about being active.

I used them as an example because the used to post here recently enough. That's not the point. I could list off people and there a probably good reasons not to reach out to any of them. My point was, if it's bothering you, pick someone and see can we can't kidnap them. If not there's no need.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on June 13, 2018, 07:42:56 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 13, 2018, 04:03:44 PM
Quote from: Faust on June 13, 2018, 09:13:21 AM
Isn't the clear answer to get some of those to come back, if they wanted to be here?

Sure you and Nigel had your reasons for falling out, conversely you are the two most stubborn people on the planet. Or Brenton, there isn't a bad bone in that lads body, I'm reading his book at the moment and its making me remember the energy and positivity Discordia had when we were really active.

Brenton's very first interaction with me, years and years ago when the first few intermittens were happening, was to hand me a really, really nasty slam on my writing.  Polite as hell, but polite the way a pile of rattlesnakes is polite...and it didn't get any better after that.  He may be a nice guy, but I have never seen it.  In fact, from my point of view, there aren't any GOOD bones in his body, either.  He sort of slithers all over the place.

As for Nigel, it's beyond "stubborn" or "angry" or even "hate".  It's just that 9 years of destructive conditioning was plenty, to be honest, and there is no remaining basis for anything resembling friendship or even civility.  Hasn't been any since 2010 if we're being honest about it.  Not to say that Nigel isn't smart, she taught me plenty...Not least of which, she taught me why abused people will keep forgiving their abuser, until one day they don't.  So it's not stubbornness that's the problem.

I'm all about being active, but I am not sure we could be active in exactly the same manner we were active in before.  After all, it was Nigel that slung the million ton ball of shit while I was trying to propose a new form for this board LAST time we talked about being active.

I used them as an example because the used to post here recently enough. That's not the point. I could list off people and there a probably good reasons not to reach out to any of them. My point was, if it's bothering you, pick someone and see can we can't kidnap them. If not there's no need.


I am unsure where this is coming from; I was just writing an excuse.  The entire point of that is to avoid having to actually justify myself.

What I'd really like to do is forget all about everything before July of 2017 (and especially before December of 2015) and just write some shit.  Something new.  If that helps board traffic, outstanding.  If not, I have managed to fill time between endless budget reforecast meetings.
Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 13, 2018, 07:48:03 PM
Quote from: Faust on June 13, 2018, 07:42:56 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 13, 2018, 04:03:44 PM
Quote from: Faust on June 13, 2018, 09:13:21 AM
Isn't the clear answer to get some of those to come back, if they wanted to be here?

Sure you and Nigel had your reasons for falling out, conversely you are the two most stubborn people on the planet. Or Brenton, there isn't a bad bone in that lads body, I'm reading his book at the moment and its making me remember the energy and positivity Discordia had when we were really active.

Brenton's very first interaction with me, years and years ago when the first few intermittens were happening, was to hand me a really, really nasty slam on my writing.  Polite as hell, but polite the way a pile of rattlesnakes is polite...and it didn't get any better after that.  He may be a nice guy, but I have never seen it.  In fact, from my point of view, there aren't any GOOD bones in his body, either.  He sort of slithers all over the place.

As for Nigel, it's beyond "stubborn" or "angry" or even "hate".  It's just that 9 years of destructive conditioning was plenty, to be honest, and there is no remaining basis for anything resembling friendship or even civility.  Hasn't been any since 2010 if we're being honest about it.  Not to say that Nigel isn't smart, she taught me plenty...Not least of which, she taught me why abused people will keep forgiving their abuser, until one day they don't.  So it's not stubbornness that's the problem.

I'm all about being active, but I am not sure we could be active in exactly the same manner we were active in before.  After all, it was Nigel that slung the million ton ball of shit while I was trying to propose a new form for this board LAST time we talked about being active.

I used them as an example because the used to post here recently enough. That's not the point. I could list off people and there a probably good reasons not to reach out to any of them. My point was, if it's bothering you, pick someone and see can we can't kidnap them. If not there's no need.


I am unsure where this is coming from; I was just writing an excuse.  The entire point of that is to avoid having to actually justify myself.

What I'd really like to do is forget all about everything before July of 2017 (and especially before December of 2015) and just write some shit.  Something new.  If that helps board traffic, outstanding.  If not, I have managed to fill time between endless budget reforecast meetings.

Well that's something I can support, sure some people disappeared along the way but we got some nice rose bushes out the front of the pd forums.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on June 13, 2018, 07:59:14 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 13, 2018, 07:48:03 PM
Quote from: Faust on June 13, 2018, 07:42:56 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 13, 2018, 04:03:44 PM
Quote from: Faust on June 13, 2018, 09:13:21 AM
Isn't the clear answer to get some of those to come back, if they wanted to be here?

Sure you and Nigel had your reasons for falling out, conversely you are the two most stubborn people on the planet. Or Brenton, there isn't a bad bone in that lads body, I'm reading his book at the moment and its making me remember the energy and positivity Discordia had when we were really active.

Brenton's very first interaction with me, years and years ago when the first few intermittens were happening, was to hand me a really, really nasty slam on my writing.  Polite as hell, but polite the way a pile of rattlesnakes is polite...and it didn't get any better after that.  He may be a nice guy, but I have never seen it.  In fact, from my point of view, there aren't any GOOD bones in his body, either.  He sort of slithers all over the place.

As for Nigel, it's beyond "stubborn" or "angry" or even "hate".  It's just that 9 years of destructive conditioning was plenty, to be honest, and there is no remaining basis for anything resembling friendship or even civility.  Hasn't been any since 2010 if we're being honest about it.  Not to say that Nigel isn't smart, she taught me plenty...Not least of which, she taught me why abused people will keep forgiving their abuser, until one day they don't.  So it's not stubbornness that's the problem.

I'm all about being active, but I am not sure we could be active in exactly the same manner we were active in before.  After all, it was Nigel that slung the million ton ball of shit while I was trying to propose a new form for this board LAST time we talked about being active.

I used them as an example because the used to post here recently enough. That's not the point. I could list off people and there a probably good reasons not to reach out to any of them. My point was, if it's bothering you, pick someone and see can we can't kidnap them. If not there's no need.


I am unsure where this is coming from; I was just writing an excuse.  The entire point of that is to avoid having to actually justify myself.

What I'd really like to do is forget all about everything before July of 2017 (and especially before December of 2015) and just write some shit.  Something new.  If that helps board traffic, outstanding.  If not, I have managed to fill time between endless budget reforecast meetings.

Well that's something I can support, sure some people disappeared along the way but we got some nice rose bushes out the front of the pd forums.

Fun fact:  The second to last time I was in England, I noticed that there was one park in Liverpool that had amazing greenery, surrounded by horrible grey urban sprawl.

Turns out it was a plague pit.

WHAT MAKES THE FLOWERS GROW SO NICELY IN FRONT OF PD, FAUST?  DR JAMES SEMAJ AND BADBEAST MAKE IT GROW SO NICELY.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 13, 2018, 04:03:44 PM
Or Brenton, there isn't a bad bone in that lads body, I'm reading his book at the moment and its making me remember the energy and positivity Discordia had when we were really active.

I keep coming back to this.  :lulz:  WAY back, before the whole Uncle BadTouch thing, Brenton wanted to do an intermittens (I think it was like #3 or #4), and asked for contributors.  I said sure, and he said something along the lines of "Thanks, but your writing isn't worth much outside of PD."  That's not the precise wording, I can't really remember exactly how he worded it.

Mind you, this is the very first interaction we ever had, IIRC, and regardless of the validity of that statement, I've never really had any use for the little shit ever since.
Molon Lube

Capeditiea

The Goddess of Discord = 67 = Eris Kallisti Discordja = 67 = Gnosis Goddess of Art and Creativity = 67 = Capeditiea = 67 = Goddess of Enigma
[GoN]

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 05, 2018, 10:21:16 PM
It was fucking horrible.  Do not trust your younger self.

rong


you can't be one of the decent ones that were run off if you never really left
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Doktor Howl

LMNO, I was thinking something like this, only covered in office spoo:


To THEM, you know who they are, the ones that I have been continuously insulting. That would encompass pretty much everybody who is not part of US. US being myself, and whosoever (if any) that aligns themselves with ME, and in the case of not one person so doing, well then, US is just ME.

It was all a joke. In real life, I'm not this way. I'm some other way. I meant it to be funny to US, and it was, at least to the ME part of US. I meant it to be funny to YOU, just not THEM, see? Unless you are actually part of THEM, and if that's true, well, my apologies.

And that would be my individual apology. I would apologize for US but I'm not sure if there is an US that's larger than just ME in this regard. I'm not even so sure YOU are or are not at least partially any of THEM. But if you are one of THEM to whom I am apologizing, I'm truly sorry.  Sometime we might meet in real life, and by we I mean ME and an individual who is one of THEM. I don't mean WE in the sense of US as mentioned above.

And then you could see how I really am, the way that I am, which is an entirely different way to be from the way I am when I am <insert name>.
Molon Lube

Capeditiea

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 03, 2018, 05:36:19 PM
LMNO, I was thinking something like this, only covered in office spoo:


To THEM, you know who they are, the ones that I have been continuously insulting. That would encompass pretty much everybody who is not part of US. US being myself, and whosoever (if any) that aligns themselves with ME, and in the case of not one person so doing, well then, US is just ME.

It was all a joke. In real life, I'm not this way. I'm some other way. I meant it to be funny to US, and it was, at least to the ME part of US. I meant it to be funny to YOU, just not THEM, see? Unless you are actually part of THEM, and if that's true, well, my apologies.

And that would be my individual apology. I would apologize for US but I'm not sure if there is an US that's larger than just ME in this regard. I'm not even so sure YOU are or are not at least partially any of THEM. But if you are one of THEM to whom I am apologizing, I'm truly sorry.  Sometime we might meet in real life, and by we I mean ME and an individual who is one of THEM. I don't mean WE in the sense of US as mentioned above.

And then you could see how I really am, the way that I am, which is an entirely different way to be from the way I am when I am Capeditiea.
The Goddess of Discord = 67 = Eris Kallisti Discordja = 67 = Gnosis Goddess of Art and Creativity = 67 = Capeditiea = 67 = Goddess of Enigma
[GoN]

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 05, 2018, 10:21:16 PM
It was fucking horrible.  Do not trust your younger self.

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

minuspace

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on July 05, 2018, 06:11:23 AM
But I don't want an excuse.

I want an APOLOGY.

Yes, you were never responsible for any of it, ever. I was.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on July 05, 2018, 06:11:23 AM
But I don't want an excuse.

I want an APOLOGY.

You need a good one, too, the way you fucking act.
Molon Lube