News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

Quote from: Trivial on January 27, 2019, 02:37:37 AM
Friend of mine was asking for money for a mission trip to evangelize to the heathen country of Finland...

Issues::

1) They're already mostly some flavor of Christian.
2) This time of the year it's dark and they're drunk.

At least this is what my Finnish co-worker told me.

I can confirm both of these thanks to my friend who lives there. She doesn't drink but the booze scent is enough that she is drunk anyway.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Trivial on January 27, 2019, 02:37:37 AM
Friend of mine was asking for money for a mission trip to evangelize to the heathen country of Finland...

Issues::

1) They're already mostly some flavor of Christian.
2) This time of the year it's dark and they're drunk.

At least this is what my Finnish co-worker told me.

Why not send your friend here?
It's less money than a trip to Finland, and it's been forever since I was last evangelized.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Con-troll

Finnish christianity is so dull, melancholic and self-loathing, that anything your friend could bring to it would be a positive change. I too want to dance in church. Tell them to watch out for Lalli tho.
I get trauma from stuff most don't even notice.

Cain

Talking in tongues, handling snakes and smiting the demon of numerology all sounds like fun games, but you know where it ends up

Yeah, there are worse things than boring.

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Chelagoras The Boulder

this will be my last week at the respite services job. every time i try to feel bad about leaving, one of the clients tries to wrestle me for more red paint. Things can only go up from here.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Con-troll

Quote from: Cain on January 27, 2019, 08:59:14 PM
Yeah, there are worse things than boring.
Agreed, but boring will hardly never trip on its own shoelaces, crash down, and burn in a spectacular fashion. As a millenial I'm not entertained by anything else.
I get trauma from stuff most don't even notice.

Trivial

I'm in Wisconsin and the bars closed due to weather.   :eek:
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Trivial

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 29, 2019, 03:25:49 PM
Quote from: Trivial on January 29, 2019, 04:31:17 AM
I'm in Wisconsin and the bars closed due to weather.   :eek:

MAKE YOUR TIME
The liquor stores are still open during the day, still clinging to life.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Doktor Howl

Unrelated:  tmw you see someone you respected sail away on a wave of blatantly false populism.

"TEH WORKURZ ENDED TEH SHUTDOWN SUCCEZZFULLY"
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

I had thought that the HOLYTM was no longer going to flow on account of the drastic toning down of my manic episodes thanks to modern chemistry, but, I think some of it still leaks out.

UNFORTUNARELTY

I HAVE
TO
Reijn it in or it will go full episode

Doktor Howl

And then I just got the Nigel treatment from Chelagoras.

Treatment protocol remains unchanged, due to 100% success rate.  BLOCKT
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Don Coyote on January 30, 2019, 02:12:40 AM
I had thought that the HOLYTM was no longer going to flow on account of the drastic toning down of my manic episodes thanks to modern chemistry, but, I think some of it still leaks out.

UNFORTUNARELTY

I HAVE
TO
Reijn it in or it will go full episode

DRUGS CANNOT STOP TEH HOLY
Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 30, 2019, 01:01:11 AM
Unrelated:  tmw you see someone you respected sail away on a wave of blatantly false populism.

"TEH WORKURZ ENDED TEH SHUTDOWN SUCCEZZFULLY"

This sucks, every goddamn time. I've lost more people than I have appendages that way. (Not necessarily populism alone, but the whole general deal of people buying into bullshit with their entire life savings.)
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.