Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotic neutral observer

Having chanced upon an Answer to his Problem, however Specific, he took it as Gospel; and thereafter, upon slightest Provocation, would Preach its Merits to Any and All, counting not their Situation.

Squats.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

It's fine, dude. Here, have some really awesome music you can't hear but birds can.

ETA: apparently not even birds can hear it  :lulz: :lulz: I fucked up
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Anna Mae Bollocks

I got a 3 day Dok for calling white trash "white trash" again.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Fujikoma

As white trash I find that sort of talk racist.

The Johnny

As human trash i find that discriminating, I already have enough everyday with raccoons harrassing and clawing at me.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Quote from: kiss my axe on November 11, 2019, 06:04:06 AM

I'm pulling 30 for being mean.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 11, 2019, 02:27:24 PM

30?
I need to up my game.  :lulz:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: kiss my axe on November 11, 2019, 10:22:00 PM

30?

I am the only person I know to have gotten a 90.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 11, 2019, 11:19:06 PM

30?

#goals

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

I'm pretty sure the bots got me on these last two. It was instantaneous and there wasn't even anyone in the thread who disagreed, so I doubt anyone reported it.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: kiss my axe on November 11, 2019, 11:33:59 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 11, 2019, 11:19:06 PM

30?

#goals

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

I'm pretty sure the bots got me on these last two. It was instantaneous and there wasn't even anyone in the thread who disagreed, so I doubt anyone reported it.

The bots will do that.
Molon Lube

Juana

I'm doing a long term sub gig rn and I have to give yet another standardized test in the name of data and Jesus fuck, we have things to do.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

One day I really need to devise a methodology to show that data-diven tests and information give dimishing returns after a certain point in time.

Like, we've had a data revolution in the past five years, and what has it really done for anyone, in terms of changing their lives? Sweet fuck all.

Juana

YEP. I can see their results already and at least two of them, their scores are not matching the output I have seen from them.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

This is the downside of dataism.  At some point the labels become more important than the content.
Molon Lube

Juana

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 12, 2019, 11:29:56 PM
This is the downside of dataism.  At some point the labels become more important than the content.
That's exactly what happening here. The only useful thing it's told me is that they don't know Greek and Latin root words at all and I already knew that.