Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on November 19, 2019, 05:22:01 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 19, 2019, 04:29:45 PM
Quote from: nullified on November 19, 2019, 04:00:02 PM
There isn't any under the seat or overhead storage on the MBTA. It's seats and floorspace and sorrow.

And stops that don't actually exist.  South Attelborough, for example.

Everyone swears that the orange line used to have a stop at Government Center.

It does not and has never. I checked. It's crazy.

Scollay Square will not allow itself to be remembered in records.  Outside of wikepedia.  And even then they don't say what happened to everyone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scollay_Square

It is worth mentioning that your friends are remembering things that happened 70 years ago, for what it is worth.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Cain

Molasses won't affect my rucksack either.

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 19, 2019, 05:32:02 PM
Quote from: nullified on November 19, 2019, 05:22:01 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 19, 2019, 04:29:45 PM
Quote from: nullified on November 19, 2019, 04:00:02 PM
There isn't any under the seat or overhead storage on the MBTA. It's seats and floorspace and sorrow.

And stops that don't actually exist.  South Attelborough, for example.

Everyone swears that the orange line used to have a stop at Government Center.

It does not and has never. I checked. It's crazy.

Scollay Square will not allow itself to be remembered in records.  Outside of wikepedia.  And even then they don't say what happened to everyone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scollay_Square

It is worth mentioning that your friends are remembering things that happened 70 years ago, for what it is worth.

That's a hole in causality the size of downtown Boston, and older than almost anyone I know. Jesus.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on November 19, 2019, 05:44:33 PM
https://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,33775.msg1325704.html#msg1325704

This is the bit:

QuoteThis went on until one night on June 20, 1961.  Screams were heard coming from the theater, and passerby smelled smoke.  The alarm was raised, and fire crews rushed to the scene.  The fire was small, and produced quite a lot of smoke, but was able to be contained relatively quickly.  The emergency crews appeared shaken, however, and when police arrived, they immediately cleared the square.  Though the fire was small, and didn't do much structural damage, it was quickly ordered condemned and was razed to the ground within a week.

On a related note, the Church of the Covenant in Copley Square, not too far away, worked closely with the Avon Home, a Cambridge orphanage.  On June 21, 1961, seventy-three orphans were recorded as having been admitted to the Avon Home, the largest single admittance in their history.  All of the children were reported to be malnourished and suffering greatly from a great variety of physical and mental trauma.

20,000 people picked up and moved, or were moved, and 73 kids landed in an orphanage the next day (hardly surprising, as some slum occupants could hardly afford to move a family).

All this for a fire in one building?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I am not saying that a certain New Yorker is involved, but

Molon Lube

altered

First of all:

This information has not made my life better, but it has made it weirder.

Secondly:

QGP is entirely to blame for me getting hyped over Brussels sprouts.

ETA: seriously, they were the best part of my lunch. Brussels sprouts made properly are a fucking gift to humanity that we do not deserve. And Brussels sprouts made improperly are horrifying, sad, punishment for our sins, proof of the inevitable doom of our species.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on November 19, 2019, 09:16:30 PM
First of all:

This information has not made my life better, but it has made it weirder.

Secondly:

QGP is entirely to blame for me getting hyped over Brussels sprouts.

ETA: seriously, they were the best part of my lunch. Brussels sprouts made properly are a fucking gift to humanity that we do not deserve. And Brussels sprouts made improperly are horrifying, sad, punishment for our sins, proof of the inevitable doom of our species.

"Made properly" = burned to a cinder and give a decent burial.
Molon Lube

altered

If they aren't burnt they were cooked wrong! Also, it's important the insides got cooked too or you just made everyone excited then kicked them in the teeth. With sad flavor.

Cain

I see no mention of being drowned in gravy so it's still being done wrong.

altered

Drowned in honey and chili oil, in this case.

Just enough Brussels sprouts flavor to make it worth using them as the vehicle for spicy sweetness, otherwise just use potatoes you heathens.

Doktor Howl

Okay, I cannot tell if dude in the waiting room is a bot or not, Cain.
Molon Lube

Cain

altered

It was one of those "more fun than you really wanted" kind of days. I first realized something might be somewhat wrong when my ass exploded like a pressurized gas canister that someone knocked the valve off of.

I ended up applying PTO and leaving early. When you feel the force levitating you off the toilet, work is over for the day. A hospital trip would be in the cards, but I have work tomorrow, 2100 dollars for housing to raise somehow, and I've dealt with worse.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on November 20, 2019, 01:06:33 AM
It was one of those "more fun than you really wanted" kind of days. I first realized something might be somewhat wrong when my ass exploded like a pressurized gas canister that someone knocked the valve off of.

I ended up applying PTO and leaving early. When you feel the force levitating you off the toilet, work is over for the day. A hospital trip would be in the cards, but I have work tomorrow, 2100 dollars for housing to raise somehow, and I've dealt with worse.

You're turning into me, you know.

Pretty soon you won't bother taking PTO.
Molon Lube