News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

UNLIMITED 2020 THREAD

Started by Doktor Howl, March 01, 2019, 08:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Somebody just said "Yang Gang" unironically on the news and that almost makes up for this whole fuckin fiasco.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Juana

I've never heard of either of them tbh.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

The dems are showing their "talents" right now.  Sanders is winning because three moderates are splitting the centrist vote (Buttigieg, Klobuchar, Biden), so Sanders won Iowa with only 26% of the vote.

The dems cannot settle on one centrist, but also can't seem to stomach the idea of getting behind Sanders, and now they're all looking at Bloomberg because, well, because.  Congressional endorsements are currently Buttigieg 1, Klobuchar 1, Bloomberg 7.

So the party now has 3 centrists that can't consolidate, 1 lefty that they can't stomach, and Skinny Trump who hasn't bothered with debates or primaries.

This is such a shitshow.  :lulz:

https://apnews.com/4788e8a658d7934e38a389746a7c58c5
Molon Lube

Cain

If Bloomberg wins, I would seriously recommend people leave. Once you have proof of concept that you can just brazenly buy the Presidency, no matter how much of a jackbooted thug you are, it's all over. And Bloomberg scares me. He's Trump, if Trump could concentrate and wasn't just a ball of unfocused malice and Fox News soundbites.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 17, 2020, 03:03:58 PM
If Bloomberg wins, I would seriously recommend people leave. Once you have proof of concept that you can just brazenly buy the Presidency, no matter how much of a jackbooted thug you are, it's all over. And Bloomberg scares me. He's Trump, if Trump could concentrate and wasn't just a ball of unfocused malice and Fox News soundbites.

I have recently had a job offer floated my way from a company in Norway.

I am giving it some serious thought, even though Norway is not habitable.
Molon Lube

Cain

They have lutefisk there, that has to be more fun than Bloomberg

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 17, 2020, 03:20:50 PM

When they were making the countries character sheet they pulled all the points out of weather, way below starting stats, but then maxed out everything else they could.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on February 17, 2020, 03:54:58 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 17, 2020, 03:20:50 PM

When they were making the countries character sheet they pulled all the points out of weather, way below starting stats, but then maxed out everything else they could.

Education 18
Weather 3
Health care 15
Metal 18
Food 7
Fjords 18
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 17, 2020, 03:52:13 PM

I am seriously tempted, but my tolerance for cold weather has disappeared during the last 15 years because Arizona.
Molon Lube

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 17, 2020, 03:57:51 PM

I am seriously tempted, but my tolerance for cold weather has disappeared during the last 15 years because Arizona.
As my grandfather used to say, a fellow can get used to anything, even hanging.  Norway doesn't sound all that cold, anyway.  I'd rather wear a coat than carry a gun.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

rong

I'd bet the seafood is better in Norway.  Tacos probly not so much
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on February 17, 2020, 06:51:52 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 17, 2020, 03:57:51 PM

As my grandfather used to say, a fellow can get used to anything, even hanging.  Norway doesn't sound all that cold, anyway.  I'd rather wear a coat than carry a gun.

Yeah, by the second time they hang you, you hardly even notice.
Molon Lube

Cramulus