News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED 2020 THREAD

Started by Doktor Howl, March 01, 2019, 08:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

I feel like I might not have been clear where I stand on all of this.

Biden is a fucking low blow to have as the nominee. If Chicago gives me the chance to vote in time for the general, he's got it, but you couldn't give me someone who wasn't having his brains ooze out live on TeeVee? Fuck me.

But I wasn't like all in for Bernie. Warren wasn't bad aside from a couple really dumb strategic missteps. Steyer, of all people, was not even that bad. The only ones who could have completely made me say no are Gabbard and Bloomberg, and after Bernie's dipshits undermined the fuck out of Bloomberg, I knew I didn't need to worry about either of them short of a brokered convention. And I can't see even the Dems shooting themselves in the foot that badly.

And furthermore, the conspiracy theories he apparently has bought into are something I avoided precisely because I wasn't all in for him. Only Iowa was an unarguable fucking disaster that never had to happen that way, everything else was expected politics, "working" as our clanky 18th century political machinery can be expected to do in the era of Go Fast And Burn Your House Down.

I have seen a lot of the actually left wing people doing the whole "Bernie or fuck you" thing, so I hope Biden brings the man on for a VP for the votes alone. Either way, I hope these ass gremlins don't fucking ruin this for everyone. If Trump gets four more years I don't know if we'll see him leave before he dies.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on March 04, 2020, 09:55:39 PM

I have seen a lot of the actually left wing people doing the whole "Bernie or fuck you" thing, so I hope Biden brings the man on for a VP for the votes alone. Either way, I hope these ass gremlins don't fucking ruin this for everyone. If Trump gets four more years I don't know if we'll see him leave before he dies.

If Biden picked Sanders as his VP, the berners would literally shit.  Right there on the floor.  It would be like God getting a shaving cut, to steal a very old trope.
Molon Lube

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Suu

Quote from: Cramulus on March 04, 2020, 09:33:46 PM
As for meaningful political participation -- I still believe what was said over at Chaos Marxism ---

as an individual, we are too small to meaningfully affect the Big Picture (unless you're the individual leading a crowd)

So the best we can do is find a GROUP that we think could and should change the world, and help push

To that end, I think it's also useful 'political activism' to help steer (in the small way we can) the party away from eating itself. In the next few weeks, we're going to need the alchemy of coalition and learning to be in the tent together. Like, I am already seeing people online say "I will never vote for Biden, full stop". I don't think this is really the moment to work on those people, but I do think it's helpful to point out that RBG isn't gonna make it another 4 years. We either come together (for a change) or we get used to having cheeto-stained hands.

I've actually started using RBG as a lever in the same manner. Checks and balances are a thing, we need to use them in our favor.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

As an aside, did you see Jill Biden linebacker the fuck out of those PETA terrorists at the rally last night? I'm 100% here for Jill fucking shit up.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Protip: every political campaign runs "ride to the polls" efforts. You don't have to vote sober.

Suu

Warren is out. *sigh*

Yeah, I knew it was coming, but GODDAMMIT AMERICA.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Suu on March 05, 2020, 04:53:54 PM
Warren is out. *sigh*

Yeah, I knew it was coming, but GODDAMMIT AMERICA.

Well, my mail in ballot died before it arrived.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

altered

The Bernie Bro's TOLD YOU DOK!!! They INFORMED YOU!!!!! Now look! You wasted your vote!!!! It's all garbage and poop!!!! What have you done!!!!!! YOU will be the reason Trump gets re-elected!!!!!

:lulz:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on March 05, 2020, 05:33:33 PM
The Bernie Bro's TOLD YOU DOK!!! They INFORMED YOU!!!!! Now look! You wasted your vote!!!! It's all garbage and poop!!!! What have you done!!!!!! YOU will be the reason Trump gets re-elected!!!!!

I am as bad as those "low-information black voters" the bros talk about.  :cry:
Molon Lube

Juana

Looks like they'll come out of Super Tuesday about neck and neck. California's delegates still haven't been allotted but Sanders looks like he's coming out of this with 135 of them. Still hoping this is recoverable, if the Sanders camp stops being dicks.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Suu

LMNO

Am I right in thinking that responding to the twitter attacks at Warren from Sanders supporters by saying, "what about the nazi flag at Bernie's rally" is a categorical error?

Of COURSE it's unacceptable to fly a nazi flag at his rally.  But it wasn't done by a Warren supporter, and it doesn't absolve anyone else's behavior.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on March 06, 2020, 03:27:29 PM
Am I right in thinking that responding to the twitter attacks at Warren from Sanders supporters by saying, "what about the nazi flag at Bernie's rally" is a categorical error?

Of COURSE it's unacceptable to fly a nazi flag at his rally.  But it wasn't done by a Warren supporter, and it doesn't absolve anyone else's behavior.

It's totally not even related and not worth injecting into an argument between Sanders-Warren, it's a scapegoat to stop dealing with actual issues at hand. Bernie supporters need to be reaching out to Warren supporters with open arms, and they are not.

LMNO

At what point can we all admit that neither Bernie nor Biden can win against Trump, and get to work on flipping the Senate?