News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

Christchurch shootings

Started by altered, March 15, 2019, 05:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

Finally ditched the IRC for good. As soon as white boys started telling me that we should just wait for the fash to go away because they won't win I was through with that shit.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on March 15, 2019, 05:25:11 AM
Finally ditched the IRC for good. As soon as white boys started telling me that we should just wait for the fash to go away because they won't win I was through with that shit.

You point them at what just happened in New Zealand?
Molon Lube

altered

That was the subject that lead to this. There's an anonymous racist rando shitting up the place about it (and meming about that Yang guy, who was it who guessed that? I owe them some kind of money) which was the proximal topic of conversation.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

I've only been yelling about this kind of shit for years. In 2015 I wrote an article about how the schema of "extremist preachers" so often applied to Muslim terrorists applies even more accurately to the internet and far-right extremism, especially with regards to the strategy of "leaderless resistance".

altered

Quote from: Cain on March 15, 2019, 07:29:04 AM
I've only been yelling about this kind of shit for years. In 2015 I wrote an article about how the schema of "extremist preachers" so often applied to Muslim terrorists applies even more accurately to the internet and far-right extremism, especially with regards to the strategy of "leaderless resistance".

Believe me, I know. I still recommend your Fascist Virus series to folks every so often.

Cain

Yeah, I'm just generally exasperated that this shit was all seen coming, and yet...

altered

Quote from: Cain on March 15, 2019, 07:35:53 AM
Yeah, I'm just generally exasperated that this shit was all seen coming, and yet...

We are all right there with you, my friend. Shit sucks. Being genuinely the only sane man in the room sucks the fucking worst. The told you so can be fun, if the target realizes you're actually right, but here we are.

The Wizard Joseph

I just woke up and the New Zealand thing was on the front page of Yahoo. Sounds like at least one of the shooters was also shooting video at the same time, like a GoPro or something. Sounds like they're trying to prevent people from spreading and sharing it.

You know it's funny I almost woke up and said...  The words. The Eriss words that made LMNO write those amazing and horrific shorts. You know THOSE WORDS.

In brighter news I finished my early morning bombing run of various Facebook groups and Pages for Holy Nonsense. Already getting a few little replies here and there. Guess we'll see how things turn out!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Yes there's online footage of the event as well as a manifesto. I have a copy of the latter but I'm at work. I have not seen the former yet but it has been described as quite horrific and brutal, even by seasoned terrorism scholars (one I know, who has dealt extensively with ISIS, said he felt sick seeing the footage)

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on March 15, 2019, 10:42:39 AM
Yes there's online footage of the event as well as a manifesto. I have a copy of the latter but I'm at work. I have not seen the former yet but it has been described as quite horrific and brutal, even by seasoned terrorism scholars (one I know, who has dealt extensively with ISIS, said he felt sick seeing the footage)

The sickness is both intensifying and spreading. I would be very interested to hear your thoughts on the manifesto whenever you get a chance. Failing that pm me a link or similar and I'll read it myself. As for the video I've seen enough horrific shit in my life. I don't need any more nightmare fuel. Got plenty.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

I don't necessarily want to see it per se...but seeing how they handle their weapons may give an indication as to their level of training, which may yield other avenues of investigation.

Most jihadis handle their weapons like shit, incidentally. You always know when a terrorist group is getting dangerous, they start aiming down the sights and pacing their shots to conserve ammunition

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on March 15, 2019, 11:52:22 AM
I don't necessarily want to see it per se...but seeing how they handle their weapons may give an indication as to their level of training, which may yield other avenues of investigation.

Most jihadis handle their weapons like shit, incidentally. You always know when a terrorist group is getting dangerous, they start aiming down the sights and pacing their shots to conserve ammunition
While back I saw a news special on atomwaffen. There was a segment where investigators interviewed the owner of a specialty shooting club that atomwaffen members had used for practice. I was concerned on two major accounts. One the owner had no idea what atomwaffen was, and two it meant that they were going for specialized shooting classes.

What country I live in! Here you can be armed and tactically trained for the right price and nobody is likely to ask questions, they'll just take your money and go about their business

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on March 15, 2019, 07:29:04 AM

Can confirm.
Molon Lube

Cain

Split and moved for better topicality and not to spag up OB.

If the other two arrested were also part of this plot, this could get a whole lot bigger.

The Johnny

Quote from: Cain on March 15, 2019, 10:42:39 AM

How long is the manifesto? If its not a bible it would be interesting to see it.

(Edit: wow, 1st time i get teleported to another subforum feelsweird)
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner