News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

What Most Discorians Don't Understand About Discordia

Started by zarathustrasbastardson, May 24, 2019, 10:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

wait I didn't follow -- what do most discordians not understand about discordia??

according to that chart, the less you know, the higher you are. So by decreasing my ignorance, are you trying to demote me?? I'm not falling for it.

I will diminish, and go to the west... and remain a dumbass.

but srsly though, what's the big secret? fill us in already

altered

Quote from: Cramulus on May 25, 2019, 01:59:09 AM
according to that chart, the less you know, the higher you are. So by decreasing my ignorance, are you trying to demote me?? I'm not falling for it.

I love this. It's beautiful.

ETA: I forgot the meltdown, and I am so glad Cain reminded me. I was challenged to write a sonnet by this dingus, and perhaps I will convert that gem into sonnet form.

Obviously, to be performed by a hardcore punk vocalist on a drunken bender.

With rank, loud farts and intermittent flushing sounds as accompaniment.

Finale, stumbling off the stage, getting mad at the stage, throwing a punch at it and hitting the promoter instead.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: zarathustrasbastardson on May 25, 2019, 12:22:11 AM
Here is the formula:
1 = very knowing, but not all knowing
2 = a mutual agreement, but not necessarily amicable
3 = wise, but not omniscient, can be very bad
4 = an amicable agreement, but also not always true
5 = the essence of discord.. no plan, always in flux, exceptional.. the first dimension not readily available to most humans.
6 = a higher plane, signifies evil, but also trancendence.. not always a bad sign, can be good fun
7= the *god* realm, 7 deadly sins or 7th heaven, both supremely good and supremely bad
8 = Asian lucky number.. is good luck, but I wouldn't always bet on it..
9 = no real way to describe this.. is sort of opposite of 1.. negative human psyche.
10= very knowing, not all knowing x10
11= jimmy (look up tool song)
12 = midnight, very knowing, all knowing, but still human in this worldly realm.

Here is the true formula:

1 = Stupidity. Especially, ignorance of one's own limitations.
2 = Double stupidity.  Inflexibility, and the inability to recognize mistakes.
3 = Wasted effort; work without gain.  "Bitter tea."
4 = Asian number for death.  Death may either be protracted or immediate.
5 = Apophenia.  Seeing patterns where none exist.
6 = Intellectual putrescence; illiteracy; spelling errors; top posting.
7 = Innocence.  Playing dumb to evade criticism.
8 = Infinity, but sideways.  Not knowing when to quit.
9 = Belief in numerology.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

zarathustrasbastardson

I thought you are neutral

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on May 25, 2019, 02:16:56 AM
Quote from: zarathustrasbastardson on May 25, 2019, 12:22:11 AM
Here is the formula:
1 = very knowing, but not all knowing
2 = a mutual agreement, but not necessarily amicable
3 = wise, but not omniscient, can be very bad
4 = an amicable agreement, but also not always true
5 = the essence of discord.. no plan, always in flux, exceptional.. the first dimension not readily available to most humans.
6 = a higher plane, signifies evil, but also trancendence.. not always a bad sign, can be good fun
7= the *god* realm, 7 deadly sins or 7th heaven, both supremely good and supremely bad
8 = Asian lucky number.. is good luck, but I wouldn't always bet on it..
9 = no real way to describe this.. is sort of opposite of 1.. negative human psyche.
10= very knowing, not all knowing x10
11= jimmy (look up tool song)
12 = midnight, very knowing, all knowing, but still human in this worldly realm.

Here is the true formula:

1 = Stupidity. Especially, ignorance of one's own limitations.
2 = Double stupidity.  Inflexibility, and the inability to recognize mistakes.
3 = Wasted effort; work without gain.  "Bitter tea."
4 = Asian number for death.  Death may either be protracted or immediate.
5 = Apophenia.  Seeing patterns where none exist.
6 = Intellectual putrescence; illiteracy; spelling errors; top posting.
7 = Innocence.  Playing dumb to evade criticism.
8 = Infinity, but sideways.  Not knowing when to quit.
9 = Belief in numerology.
chaos is truth
radiate better

zarathustrasbastardson

Essentially what discordians do not understand about discordia is that it is omnipresent. But more importantly it really isn't a big deal.  Erisian knowledge isn't about making a big fuss overall.. it's about general acceptance.  There is, and always will be chaos.  It is the nature of things.  It isn't an easy concept for our pre programmed minds to constantly conceive, but it is an infinite reality.
Hopefully that explains it enough?

wait I didn't follow -- what do most discordians not understand about discordia??

chaos is truth
radiate better

zarathustrasbastardson

And I think it is also a message of tolerance. Chaos has to be accepted - if not all hell breaks loose.. so, to get to the moral - it is an ethical, moral, metaphysical, and existential lesson.  Be mindful always of the sacred chao. In all things external, internal and temporal.. but again.. it must be accepted as the norm.

Quote from: zarathustrasbastardson on May 25, 2019, 02:28:58 AM
Essentially what discordians do not understand about discordia is that it is omnipresent. But more importantly it really isn't a big deal.  Erisian knowledge isn't about making a big fuss overall.. it's about general acceptance.  There is, and always will be chaos.  It is the nature of things.  It isn't an easy concept for our pre programmed minds to constantly conceive, but it is an infinite reality.

chaos is truth
radiate better

zarathustrasbastardson

Because to me you are the gods who didn't invite me to the party.. instead of giving you a golden apple saying "for the prettiest one" - I am offering you an olive branch.

Quote from: zarathustrasbastardson on May 25, 2019, 02:39:36 AM
And I think it is also a message of tolerance. Chaos has to be accepted - if not all hell breaks loose.. so, to get to the moral - it is an ethical, moral, metaphysical, and existential lesson.  Be mindful always of the sacred chao. In all things external, internal and temporal.. but again.. it must be accepted as the norm.

Quote from: zarathustrasbastardson on May 25, 2019, 02:28:58 AM

chaos is truth
radiate better

Al Qədic

Quote from: zarathustrasbastardson on May 25, 2019, 02:48:36 AM
Because to me you are the gods who didn't invite me to the party.. instead of giving you a golden apple saying "for the prettiest one" - I am offering you an olive branch.
I can't speak for the other guys, gals, and NB pals here, man, but I for one hate olives...and branches, for that matter.  :lulz:
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

altered

Quote from: Al Qədic on May 25, 2019, 03:05:24 AM
I can't speak for the other guys, gals, and NB pals here, man, but I for one hate olives...and branches, for that matter.  :lulz:

I only like olives in a dirty martini. Though I had those ruined for me at some place in Massachusetts — they used the juice from a jar of pepperoncini instead of the olives. It was like alcoholic soup! So good.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

zarathustrasbastardson

I bet you hate babies' sneezes too!  Coochiecoochiecoo...

Quote from: Al Qədic on May 25, 2019, 03:05:24 AM
chaos is truth
radiate better

Al Qədic

Quote from: zarathustrasbastardson on May 25, 2019, 03:14:40 AM
With antivaxxers on the rise and continuing to procreate in America, and the fact that even the average vaccinated crotchgoblin is riddled with germs, yeah I'm not a huge fan of particulate snot matter firing from the faces of otherwise-adorable babus.
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

zarathustrasbastardson

As an adult you should know your immune system is much stronger than anything an infant could cough up.  Unless you are immunocompromised. I hope that's not the case. Sort of,  :argh!:
Quote from: Al Qədic on May 25, 2019, 03:18:01 AM
Quote from: zarathustrasbastardson on May 25, 2019, 03:14:40 AM
With antivaxxers on the rise and continuing to procreate in America, and the fact that even the average vaccinated crotchgoblin is riddled with germs, yeah I'm not a huge fan of particulate snot matter firing from the faces of otherwise-adorable babus.
chaos is truth
radiate better

altered

Oh, hey, it looks like this particular rancid sore hasn't yet noticed my present! How rude of him.

I made it /just for you/, zarathrustrasbastardson. Isn't that nice of me? Don't you feel terribly rude? You should feel terribly rude. I hope you understand how terribly rude you are and make it up to me by going back to sulk in the corner for another year.

The Johnny

Man, I envy the energy and effort these crazies have to pull off some reverse-walrusing.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

zarathustrasbastardson

Look kid, I don't sulk, and I don't shit on people randomly. You've obviously got talent.. however don't presume to be a big shot when you're obviously a mediocre mofo.  I know punk is for life, but shit.. relax a bit.. congrats on the sonnet: well done.. but stop picking fights with me.  We're supposed to be beyond that.
Quote from: nullified on May 25, 2019, 03:30:33 AM
Oh, hey, it looks like this particular rancid sore hasn't yet noticed my present! How rude of him.

I made it /just for you/, zarathrustrasbastardson. Isn't that nice of me? Don't you feel terribly rude? You should feel terribly rude. I hope you understand how terribly rude you are and make it up to me by going back to sulk in the corner for another year.
chaos is truth
radiate better