Author Topic: I found the solution!  (Read 883 times)

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
Re: I found the solution!
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2019, 06:34:48 pm »
I'm hoping for a chemist to come by and find the precipitate.

chaotic neutral observer

• not a real discordian
  • Outlandish
  • I saw what you did and I'm okay with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2019, 06:38:32 pm »
I'm hoping for a chemist to come by and find the precipitate.
:golfclap:
"When I say 'engineering', I have unreasonable expectations.  It must - as you know - look good in PADS AND give you plenty of help ducking and weaving in meetings.  But it must also, at some distant point in time, function.  If it does not, then you must accept that you are not in fact an engineer but instead an MBA.  Hang your head in SHAME, sinner!"

nullified

• A Pile of Soggy Bird Carcasses
  • Outlandish
  • I WILL EXILE VIOLATORS TO THE PISS-VOID
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2019, 06:59:23 pm »
Nukes are great at destroying asteroids! Far, far away from Earth. I thought the dangers of destroying NEAs with nukes were too obvious to bring up, but Im also brain dead today (it took me 20 minutes to write two paragraphs and I got sent home after being informed my 3 hours of work counted as OT anyway.)
I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me.

Doktor Howl

• Hostile Technology Geek
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2019, 07:22:31 pm »
Nukes are great at destroying asteroids! Far, far away from Earth. I thought the dangers of destroying NEAs with nukes were too obvious to bring up, but Im also brain dead today (it took me 20 minutes to write two paragraphs and I got sent home after being informed my 3 hours of work counted as OT anyway.)

Naw, the debris entrains and then you get a shotgun blast to the face instead of a bullet.
"Daisy had syphilis, Tom died of genital warts, and Nick Carroway watched it all in mounting horror, then made off with the silverware and the maid."
~ The Good Reverend

Ecclesiastes 2:14, JACKASS.

Frontside Back

• Yet another cellural dystopia
  • Outlandish
  • Funny posts: 0
    • View Profile
Re: I lost the solution!
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2019, 11:12:56 pm »
After considering all of the constructive criticism it seems like (5) and (6) went a bit overboard.

Only alternative to nuking everything that came up was shortening species reproduction cycle proposed by CNO. I'm really not sure if that's viable either, since raising child benefits for nonhuman species high enough would surely cause a huge public outcry. It also wouldn't use up all the nukes.

Anyway, it's still worth a try, since alternative is most of species dying out. We should have some of the technology required already developed for the meat industry. Can't you just spray growth hormones everywhere? There's no way that could backfire.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."