The Blackest Friday: 2019 holiday season / pre-election gun buying deals!!!

Started by Bruno, November 07, 2019, 10:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

BUY'M CHEAP'N STACK'M DEEP, I ALWAYS SAY!!!!

What you guise got in your cybervirtual shopping carts?

I got a .22LR/WMR Rough Rider and a 12GA Mossberg 88 Field/Security Combo! HELLS YEAH! NOT EVEN ON SALE OR NOTHIN! BUT I"M WAIT"N!!! MY EYE IS ALL OVE RTHAT SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!@

Savage Arms got a rebates like a motherfucker from now till the end of November! Totally tempted to gets me an 6.5 Creedmoor something OR WHATEVER, WOOOO!!!!!!

Thinken bout goin all A-Team/McGuyyver/DUKES A HAZZERD and mixing me up some explosive crossbow bolts outta some Aguilla Shotshells and roofing nails! I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I PITTY THE FOOL THAT TRY TO HUNTING SEASON THIS LIBRUL!!!!!! WHATEVER MURDOCH'S CATCHPHRASE WAS!!!!!!! YEEEEHAAAAAWWWW!!!!!

(also, jesus)
Formerly something else...

Fujikoma

Don't shoot anyone with a .22, it'll likely just piss them off. The Mossberg 12 gauge is probably a much better option, if you HAVE to shoot someone, but try not shooting them in the first place, words can work.

altered

Quote from: Fujikoma on November 07, 2019, 02:58:54 PM
Don't shoot anyone with a .22, it'll likely just piss them off. The Mossberg 12 gauge is probably a much better option, if you HAVE to shoot someone, but try not shooting them in the first place, words can work.

The only right answer to "what do I shoot someone with" is "something that turns them and their immediate surroundings into a greasy stain."

And the answer to "when do I shoot them" is "yes".

This is entirely unrelated to my brand new Car Cannon, accepts only American manufactured ammunition/motor vehicles, buy now before I go out of business and retire to a place with lax tax code and no extradition.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Balls.  The trick with a 22 is to fire rapidly, because you don't have to bring your aim down.  Lower center mass (abdomen/groin) to avoid having ribs deflect your bullets.

7 small wounds will kill faster than one big wound.
Molon Lube

Bruno

I'm bad at words, but I'm good at pointing.

HAY! LOOKA HEER!: https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-maga-15-ar-15-stripped-lower-receiver.html?avad=190366_a17930a59&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=cl

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 07, 2019, 04:41:07 PM

Balls.  The trick with a 22 is to fire rapidly, because you don't have to bring your aim down.  Lower center mass (abdomen/groin) to avoid having ribs deflect your bullets.

A .22 is also one of the favoured calibre's for professional killers, due to being relatively quiet and their tendency to bounce around inside the body when hitting bone. A bullet that pierces the skull is going to liquify the brain, and inside the body, whatever internal organs it shreds through.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on November 07, 2019, 06:45:05 PM

A .22 is also one of the favoured calibre's for professional killers, due to being relatively quiet and their tendency to bounce around inside the body when hitting bone. A bullet that pierces the skull is going to liquify the brain, and inside the body, whatever internal organs it shreds through.

People seem to have this idea that a .22 is comparable to a pellet.

It is in fact comparable to someone stabbing a person with a knitting needle at 900 feet per second.
Molon Lube

Cain

Doktor Howl

Which then, as you say, bounces around, and - given its slow speed - tends to tumble.
Molon Lube

Bruno

So, do aim below the ribs with a 22?

The Rough Rider is a single action only 6 round revolver. Rapid fire is probably not an option, though I'll be sure to try the trick where you hold down the trigger and just flap the hammer with your other hand. That would be COWBOY AF!

The one I'm getting does come with the 22WMR cylinder, though. I think those are about even with 380ACP. Hornady makes their "Critical  Defense" line in that caliber. I'll be picking up a few boxes of that, along with some CCI TNT GREEN lead-free rounds because I'm also an environmentalist cowboy.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Bruno on November 07, 2019, 06:47:46 PM

The Rough Rider is a single action only 6 round revolver. Rapid fire is probably not an option, though I'll be sure to try the trick where you hold down the trigger and just flap the hammer with your other hand. That would be COWBOY AF!

The one I'm getting does come with the 22WMR cylinder, though. I think those are about even with 380ACP. Hornady makes their "Critical  Defense" line in that caliber. I'll be picking up a few boxes of that, along with some CCI TNT GREEN lead-free rounds because I'm also an environmentalist cowboy.

This is getting a little weird.
Molon Lube

Bruno

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 07, 2019, 06:48:24 PM

Which part?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Bruno on November 07, 2019, 06:50:52 PM

Which part?

The fapping part.
Molon Lube

Bruno

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 07, 2019, 06:53:01 PM
Quote from: Bruno on November 07, 2019, 06:50:52 PM

Which part?

The fapping part.

Yeah, but it's "green", tho.

Fujikoma

Green fapping. You're right about how the round tumbles when it encounters bone, and how it's quiet, very on point, it does that. It just lacks stopping power, which is generally a good idea if you're using a firearm for self defense, but if you want to be a .22 assassin fuck, I'm not about to stop you, go on with yo bad self.