News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

RWHN's spiritual leader has spoken.

Started by Doktor Howl, November 20, 2019, 07:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

https://apnews.com/fb92709abf944e8f980321ebc8b96622

QuoteThe American Medical Association on Tuesday called for an immediate ban on all electronic cigarettes and vaping devices.

The group adopted the sweeping stance at a policy-making meeting in San Diego. It aims to lobby for state and federal laws, regulations or legal action to achieve a ban, but the industry is sure to fight back.

The AMA cited a surge in underage teen use of e-cigarettes, which typically heat a solution that contains nicotine.

"It's simple, we must keep nicotine products out of the hands of young people." Dr. Patrice Harris, AMA's president, said in a statement.

The doctors' group said a separate health issue also prompted its action — the recent U.S. outbreak of lung illnesses linked to vaping. Most of those sickened said they vaped THC, the high-inducing ingredient in marijuana, not nicotine. Officials believe a thickening agent used in black market THC vaping products may be a culprit.

Because we all know that illegalizing something makes the black market go away.   :lulz:

This is dumbassery at its finest.  Let's remove the regulated shit, leave the black market shit, and let people decide between poisoning themselves with black market product, or go back to smoking actual cigarettes.

Kinda makes me wonder who's behind all this mess.  Wait, scratch that, I'm lying.  I know who is behind it.  RJ Reynolds.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

More, because it's funny.

QuoteGregory Conley, president of the American Vaping Association, a pro-vaping advocacy group, said the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has made clear that its focus "is not store-bought nicotine vaping products, but illicit contaminated THC oil cartridges sold by drug dealers."

"It would be a mistake for adult smokers and their families to listen to these misguided prohibitionists, as the evidence continues to indicate that adult smokers who switch to nicotine vaping products greatly improve their health," Conley said.

The AMA policy calls for a ban of vaping products not approved to help people quit. But so far, none have been reviewed or approved for that use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

Stephanie Caccomo, an FDA press officer, said the agency is "committed to doing everything we can to prevent kids from using tobacco products and will continue to develop a policy approach that aligns with that concern."
Molon Lube

Fujikoma

I quit smoking by switching to a vaporizer, my lungs feel much healthier and I'm able to do a lot more without running out of breath, plus I don't smell like an ashtray buttcrack 24/7. Far from increasing my nicotine usage, it's actually DECREASED over time, to where a bottle lasts me a month and a half, as opposed to two weeks when I first started. That's major savings over buying packs of cigarrettes, and my nicotine habit has shrunk considerably.

I find all this reactionary voodoo logic to be brain-hurtingly offensive and stupid. I wish these people would stay true to their intellectual capabilities and forget to breathe for twenty or thirty minutes to make space for those of us capable of the occasional coherent plan.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fujikoma on November 20, 2019, 07:34:59 PM
I quit smoking by switching to a vaporizer, my lungs feel much healthier and I'm able to do a lot more without running out of breath, plus I don't smell like an ashtray buttcrack 24/7. Far from increasing my nicotine usage, it's actually DECREASED over time, to where a bottle lasts me a month and a half, as opposed to two weeks when I first started. That's major savings over buying packs of cigarrettes, and my nicotine habit has shrunk considerably.

I find all this reactionary voodoo logic to be brain-hurtingly offensive and stupid. I wish these people would stay true to their intellectual capabilities and forget to breathe for twenty or thirty minutes to make space for those of us capable of the occasional coherent plan.

Exact.  Same.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

But we must ignore any reduction in risk and whatnot because of the childrens.

Even if that means the children will only ever have access to black market poison.

That's PREVENTIONISM.
Molon Lube

altered

I never got heavy into vaping. It helped me cut down, but it never was a total replacement. As it turns out, at the low low price of being a snappy, bitchy wendigo I can cut down just as much entirely without the vapes.

But without that every other day cigarette, my ass seals itself over like a nuclear bunker and I end up twitchy, suicidal and self harming within a week. My problems are a whole different part of tobacco than nicotine, and there's no other source of over the counter antidepressants.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on November 20, 2019, 08:10:06 PM
I never got heavy into vaping. It helped me cut down, but it never was a total replacement. As it turns out, at the low low price of being a snappy, bitchy wendigo I can cut down just as much entirely without the vapes.

But without that every other day cigarette, my ass seals itself over like a nuclear bunker and I end up twitchy, suicidal and self harming within a week. My problems are a whole different part of tobacco than nicotine, and there's no other source of over the counter antidepressants.

I treated it as a complete replacement.  My intake has dropped to 1/10th of what I started as, and I haven't had an actual smoke in 6 years.

I used unflavored 24 mg, and it costs me about $15/month.  It is just there to keep the beast away.  So far it works...But the glorious preventionists and the FDA are fixing to put me in a double bind, where the AMA says "not unless it's for smoking cessation" and the FDA won't allow anyone to call it smoking cessation.  The AMA is aware of this, but due to RWHNing, don't care.

Fuck them both, right in their sanctimonious ear holes.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Also this, where the president has managed to take 3 positions on 1 issue at once.

https://apnews.com/784bc758cac84efebfdc4548c9e2a9ce
Molon Lube

altered

I tried the complete replacement thing, that's how I found out fully quitting is impossible until I schedule a psych appointment and get a prescription replacement for the antidepressants found in tobacco naturally.

Know how those cessation aids (the normal ones, nicotine gum and such) say to stop using them immediately if you have suicidal thoughts? Yeah. That's where I am. And the MAOIs in tobacco are why.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

https://apnews.com/d64be73398c443089b0421e8f29da419

So now vaping has drastically lowered actual cigarette use, but that is not "protecting the children".
Molon Lube

Fujikoma

You can practically hear the anurism from here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9o2Y5LiFAk

EDIT: Or is it in your own head? YMMV

Fujikoma

Seriously, it's an hour of straight ass-kissing that you'll never get back in your life, view at your own peril. Also, it's Trump sitting next to Mitt Romney, of all people, and a bunch of whiney bitches complaining about vaping.

Q. G. Pennyworth

What's you guys' position on the flavored shit? Cause MA is banning it and I'm kinda in favor, but I'm not really knowledgeable enough on the subject.

altered

It smells and tastes horrible, but some people are big on it.

As a smoker: anything that helps people quit should be left wide open, I feel, but there's definitely an element of marketing to children involved that I'm not at all ok with. It's a tough call.

Mostly this is because of a new raft of studies that AREN'T questionably funded that show that teens who vape turn into smokers at an alarming rate. Before that, I was like FUCK IT WILD WEST.