News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Dismal Moments of Zen Thread

Started by Doktor Howl, November 21, 2019, 07:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

"You have the right to undervalue your rights."
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

If you live long enough, you won't be remembered after you die for the good things you did, because those things won't be good anymore.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

From 2004:

Quote"I knew as soon as I saw the breast that I had to sell. Sell, at ANY PRICE."

So said a senior executive at Merrill Lynch, which led the DOW Jones Industrial Average to drop over 2700 points today on the heaviest trading day ever recorded, blamed on the exposure of Janet Jackson's
right breast on CBS during the Super Bowl.
Molon Lube

Cain

The reward for hard work well done is more hard work. Do it in half the time and they'll give you a bigger shovel.

chaotic neutral observer

If you want to preserve your freedom, you'd best surrender it to the government for safe-keeping.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

hooplala

The best you can hope for is indifference
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cramulus

Doktor Howl

If you are a one-in-a-million person, that means that there are more than 7,600 people just like you.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof, but there is also a night shift.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

You can't spell sympathetic without pathetic.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Humans are good at being destructive mostly because we're a cooperative species, which to our wiring is "good".

Nobody built the bomb. WE built the bomb.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

If a free market - as described by free market proponents - were possible then by that definition, that's what we would have, because any attempt to prevent it or dislodge it would be derailed by market forces.
Molon Lube

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 21, 2020, 06:16:13 PM
If a free market - as described by free market proponents - were possible then by that definition, that's what we would have, because any attempt to prevent it or dislodge it would be derailed by market forces.

Same thing goes for "true Libertarianism" because there'd be nobody around to stop monopolies and police departments from just forming out of thin air
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on January 21, 2020, 08:11:26 PM

Same thing goes for "true Libertarianism" because there'd be nobody around to stop monopolies and police departments from just forming out of thin air

The two are indistinguishable in any way whatsoever.
Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on January 21, 2020, 08:11:26 PM

Isn't that how the police force literally started, the thief taker became organised
Sleepless nights at the chateau