News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

minuspace

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

So we had one of those "this is not a drill" things show up outside. I took a picture, and immediately a surfeit of skunks showed up and stopped smack middle of the road. No need to worry, this is all entirely unrelated.

chaotic neutral observer

I ran the signal through a bandpass filter, 1500-1900 Hz.

As an ostensible rationalist, I should note that filtering the signal necessarily imparts a certain amount of structure to it that wasn't there before (in a sense, adding information).

But, there's definitely something there.  It sounds like a pressure cooker full of banshees.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

I received the answers to this weirdness tonight. They are incredibly mundane, to the point of disappointment if you had any investment in the weirdness. I'll leave it up to everyone else if they want to ride this train into crazy town or to have it just derail right now.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: altered on May 02, 2020, 03:34:23 AM
I received the answers to this weirdness tonight. They are incredibly mundane, to the point of disappointment if you had any investment in the weirdness. I'll leave it up to everyone else if they want to ride this train into crazy town or to have it just derail right now.
I'm a pessimist.  I am vindicated by disappointment.

One vote for revealing the truth.

The Wizard Joseph

I'm just going to baselessly, but fervently, accuse you of covering up the real Truth to protect us all from the horrible implications and irreversible consequences, but let's hear your "theory" altered.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Johnny

Quote from: altered on May 02, 2020, 03:34:23 AM

It had something to do with the feds recharging the batteries on the geese, right?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

Life is short, hard and ultimately disappointing. Like a bodybuilding elf. Lay it on me.

Junkenstein

It's just 5G.

The sights and sounds you're experiencing are just symptoms of oxygen deprivation.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cramulus

Altered, we've already figured out that the Greys are paying you 200k/year to keep your mouth shut, so go ahead and hit us with whatever lie they are making you say

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Cain on May 02, 2020, 10:15:16 AM
Life is short, hard and ultimately disappointing. Like a bodybuilding elf.
Hey!  Uncle Joey may have had his faults, but he was the best chimney-sweep you'd ever hire.  When sober, anyway.

altered

Well, it's unanimous then.

First: the droning, whistling sound is a particular kind of singing frog. There are apparently hundreds down at the pond, which is why the pauses are so rare, and they move around and change volume and pitch as different frogs come closer while singing.

The white lights were LED solar lamps placed by the people I am staying with just before dark the other day. Why they decided to put a bunch of lights in the trees is beyond me, I don't get it, but they did it and they seemed very proud.

The orange light is the only one that's even surprising: there's a guy who lives in a red tent out in the woods. He's not homeless, he's one of those "live the wilderness" sort of people, and he's out there now simply because it's warm enough. And he has a big lantern that stays in the tent with him.

Sorry.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Faust

Well there is my horror of unknowable things beyond our imagination, cruelly stolen away
Sleepless nights at the chateau

chaotic neutral observer

minuspace

Quote from: Faust on May 02, 2020, 06:09:13 PM
Well there is my horror of unknowable things beyond our imagination, cruelly stolen away

Pshaw, simply put. We have been investigating the phenomenon for some time and have expended considerable resources in order to positively identify the events in question. The results we obtained conclude that the orange light is actually not derived from a single source but is in fact the combined effect of at least three vertically stacked electromagnetic emitters. Our working hypothesis is that the "object" is some kind of an ultra-dimensional semaphore. Seen here last night: