Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Quote from: The Johnny on December 15, 2019, 09:01:13 PM

Machine-learning bots?
Yeah, they have broken the google captcha which is irritating as that has worked for years.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cramulus

Quote from: nullified on December 15, 2019, 01:38:50 AM
On further reflection this is probably the first time I've been feeling this good with no outside intervention.

No one made today happen. I own this awesome shit. I did this for myself. No one stuck their head in to help. No one stepped out of their way and said "let me help" or "I'm paying." I did this. I did all of this. No one else can lay claim to one moment of it.

I did this.

Which means I can do it again. And again.

Which means I can save it up and do BETTER.

That's a fucking incredibly good feeling. Being able to take full credit for your own awesome day. Goddamn.

Rock on, Null!

:canuck:

Juana

Welp. I fractured a molar cusp a while back. Missed the nerve, thankfully, but I'm potentially looking down the barrel of a $770 dental bill on Friday - possible root canal plus the temporary crown. And then the regular crown next year, probably, and my deductible starts over so that'll be almost entirely out of pocket on a paycheck where I only got three weeks of pay. More than usual bc long term subbing pays a bit more but still.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

The waiting room has a horde of zombie Russians in it.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Faust

The last week has felt like a siege. I haven't gotten the stopforumspam api integrated yet but I was playing with it yesterday, the plugin for smf stopped being updated like five years ago so it takes a bit of tweaking to get going with the forum.
If that doesn't work then it will need to be an extra step (text message or something), to lock it down.

Sorry I know the bar isn't the place to talk about the horrors in the kitchen.

I may be in Houston next year for a few days for work but no idea when. I came second in a blood bowl league after spending 15 years avoiding games workshop stuff. I love my orcs now. I've had three sinus infections in a row all needing anti-biotics and my throat is on fire right now (I'm a crock). Herself is getting on well with the pregnancy, and we had the scan yesterday and all looks well, not going to find out the sex until the baby is born.

Frontside Back

I know nothing about forum tech, but is it possible to redirect them to another forum? Preferably one you are not fond of.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Frontside Back on December 19, 2019, 01:39:14 AM
I know nothing about forum tech, but is it possible to redirect them to another forum? Preferably one you are not fond of.

The other forum is already full of them, too.  There is no law of conservation when it comes to spammers.  Like a noisome and noxious fart, they expand to fill the space available.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on December 18, 2019, 11:42:05 PM
The last week has felt like a siege. I haven't gotten the stopforumspam api integrated yet but I was playing with it yesterday, the plugin for smf stopped being updated like five years ago so it takes a bit of tweaking to get going with the forum.
If that doesn't work then it will need to be an extra step (text message or something), to lock it down.

Sorry I know the bar isn't the place to talk about the horrors in the kitchen.

I may be in Houston next year for a few days for work but no idea when. I came second in a blood bowl league after spending 15 years avoiding games workshop stuff. I love my orcs now. I've had three sinus infections in a row all needing anti-biotics and my throat is on fire right now (I'm a crock). Herself is getting on well with the pregnancy, and we had the scan yesterday and all looks well, not going to find out the sex until the baby is born.

Houston is a neat town, but for God's sake, if you weren't born there, don't try to drive there.  Use an Uber.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Oh, and don't worry about the bots.  It's actually getting kind of funny, and you can spot them 100% of the time now, due to the stops and periods they put in the names to get past the gmail anti-spam.
Molon Lube

Cain

Yeah it seems to be mostly those ones these days. The ones from random-ass sites seem to have stopped almost entirely.

Doktor Howl

I only mentioned them because the bodies were piling up and I can't delete them.
Molon Lube

Cain

I'm just banning them. Otherwise they'll no doubt come back in a couple of days and try to sign up again.

Faust

Same I am not deleting them, I'm banning them so a record is created, that's why they switched to the letter thing, I'd say we have banned most of eastern europes email hosts at this stage. I can patch it to remove the dots as they are ignored (gmail you can log in as Mike.Harlem@ or Mi.KeHarlem etc) and that should clear out this latest swath of Walkers.

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner