Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Speaking of which, I am in Facebook jail again until 1/27, for taunting hayseed snowflakes.
Molon Lube

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on December 28, 2019, 08:31:01 PM
What exactly did you do this time?

Some inbred was being abusive to some lady in Canada.  Standard appeal to ridicule, passive-aggressive threatening shit.

And then you said "Your an idiot."

I jumped and said "*You're.  Goddamn hayseeds."

So snowflake reported me.
Molon Lube

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on December 28, 2019, 10:48:24 PM
:lulz: that's an interesting reason to temp ban.

You have to remember who Zucc is recruiting as moderators.
Molon Lube

Juana

Oh, I semi regularly report racist/sexist/etc. posts and literally ONCE has something I've reported been removed. I'm well aware of what kind of people they recruit to be mods.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on December 29, 2019, 04:52:20 AM
Oh, I semi regularly report racist/sexist/etc. posts and literally ONCE has something I've reported been removed. I'm well aware of what kind of people they recruit to be mods.

Sure.  Now go on there and say "Men are trash."

Your butt will leave skidmarks on your way into your jail cell.
Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 29, 2019, 06:04:59 AM
Quote from: Juana on December 29, 2019, 04:52:20 AM

Sure.  Now go on there and say "Men are trash."

Your butt will leave skidmarks on your way into your jail cell.

Their moderation is "engagement" based. In short if they think whatever horrible shit people are spouting will cause more clicks, more responses etc it's ok in their eyes.
If an incel sees "men are trash" they might not click on the website for a couple of days so that is explicitly verboden
Sleepless nights at the chateau

altered

Soooooooo talk about your eleventh hour saves

I have TWO DAYS before I'm on the street and out of work all at once

Everyone is out of options

There is no hope, and the tracks have run out and I am in free fall and everyone else is like "if we could help we would", literally hundreds of people failing to find answers for me over a six month period

Then my friend Alec steps in and goes "I GOT THIS, stand back" and lays out:

A job
Connections to a place to live, FUNCTIONAL ones
A shower and temporary shit-storage/crash pad
Food costs that make my hideous appetite bearable
THE SOLUTION

All in one go. Like a fucking badass. Just slapping cards down like "take your pick buddy I GOT YOU."

And I have money to not only transport my worthless ass and everything I own out to Chicago, but to pay rent for a month no questions asked and STILL eat like a queen. Fuck you reality, it's HANDLED.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

I'm ready to SHIT.

Tomorrow I quit my job I guess! :lulz: It's gonna be a fucking SOMETHING. I get paid Wednesday EITHER WAY, and the amount is locked in! I cannot lose! I'm going to river dance on the carcass of Fate while gnawing it's legs off and look fabulous doing it, I CANNOT BE FUCKING STOPPED, no one has ever managed it before and Boston sure as fuck won't be the dingdingding winner of this fucking round
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cramulus

Quote from: altered on December 25, 2019, 01:14:00 AM
Edit:
To be clear, my decision was one part having self-value now (so Null stopped working) and a history of changing who I am (so Alter works). I also have the kind of damage that puts a ton of people in your skull, and have a bad tendency to fight to change the tides. Change of who I am. Alteration of my environment. Alternate selves. Transmutation of shit into gold, when I can. It's a good, meaningful title.

I dig it. Hi, altered! :wave:

altered

I am spoiled for choice.

Last minute. Literal MOMENTS after I tell my supervisor I quit. Three people step forward and offer support and options.

I still am packing my stuff for Chicago because there's no promise here, but there are solid leads. And my supervisor let me take it back and have some days off instead.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on December 30, 2019, 05:48:30 PM
I am spoiled for choice.

Last minute. Literal MOMENTS after I tell my supervisor I quit. Three people step forward and offer support and options.

I still am packing my stuff for Chicago because there's no promise here, but there are solid leads. And my supervisor let me take it back and have some days off instead.

A job that asks you to stay when you quit has some potential for fun.
Molon Lube

altered

I have that effect on places I work. I do good work. At my best, I do loads of good work.

I quit my first job six months after I got it because I was dissatisfied with my own work performance. They begged me to come back one year later.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on December 30, 2019, 06:27:34 PM
I have that effect on places I work. I do good work. At my best, I do loads of good work.

I quit my first job six months after I got it because I was dissatisfied with my own work performance. They begged me to come back one year later.

Sounds like you get bored.
Molon Lube