Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Unrelated to hamburgers:

As of today, I won't be interacting with people that don't want to talk to me or don't want to be seen talking with me on account of I was too mean to Nigel.

For serious, people, that shit has been a thing since December of 2015.  :lulz:

So the next person who sends me an email or a PM telling my they couldn't respond to me on social media, save your breath for KISSING MY ASS.  :goatse:
Molon Lube

LMNO

Wait, people are actively going out of their way telling you they're not responding to you?

That's...

I mean...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on January 21, 2020, 07:14:19 PM
Wait, people are actively going out of their way telling you they're not responding to you?

That's...

I mean...

Yes.  I responded to a person on FB some time ago, and never heard back.  Which is no big deal, happens regularly.

So I'm going through my account in preparation of my next ban expiration, and I find a PM from this person from like a week ago, saying why this person can't respond in public.

This will of course end well for everyone involved, and will make the original problem all better.

For a given value of "Marvin".
Molon Lube

Cain

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 21, 2020, 04:51:17 PM
Unrelated to hamburgers:

As of today, I won't be interacting with people that don't want to talk to me or don't want to be seen talking with me on account of I was too mean to Nigel.

So the next person who sends me an email or a PM telling my they couldn't respond to me on social media, save your breath for KISSING MY ASS.  :goatse:

I've mostly kept to myself about this shit because I see no gain in expressing my opinion about something that is absolutely not my business beyond the fact that it happened between two people I have respect for and consider friends and wish it was not so because it made be very uncomfortable emotionally. But I realized that expecting MY wishes to be somehow fulfilled by expressing MY opinion about YOUR business for the sake of MY comfort is stupid and childish at best. So I simply said nothing and went about my business. I think I made the right choice.

I'm only even chiming in now because this strikes me as truly ridiculous. Whoever said that to you is either genuinely worried about Nigel's possible negative reaction to seeing you interact, which I find unlikely, or they are trying to con you by tacitly agreeing with you by complaining about Nigel's potential reaction while seeking to somehow maintain a confidence with you in secret. To what end I don't know, but it's both stupid and essentially insulting to you both. They are basically saying that you would be an embarrassment to interact with publicly, but seeks to interact secretly despite this instead of just telling anyone that has a problem with it to fuck off, as is proper. They are cowardly and either stupid, think you are stupid, or both.

If it was really about you being "too mean" to Nigel they should just tell you so and stop interacting with you.

If they are really afraid that Nigel will somehow react in a manipulative or otherwise negative way to you interacting then they should cut her off as toxic and do as they please.

Instead of those things they are trying to have some sort of secret liaison with you while publicly maintaining what I can only assume at this point is an equally false friendship with Nigel.

You're 169% right to tell them to get fucked.

It would seem to me that this is just intentional shit stirring, and that's what was weird enough to provoke me to even post this reply. It's been years. What the fuck is there to gain from bringing it up at all?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on January 21, 2020, 10:34:51 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 21, 2020, 04:51:17 PM
Unrelated to hamburgers:

I've mostly kept to myself about this shit because I see no gain in expressing my opinion about something that is absolutely not my business beyond the fact that it happened between two people I have respect for and consider friends and wish it was not so because it made be very uncomfortable emotionally. But I realized that expecting MY wishes to be somehow fulfilled by expressing MY opinion about YOUR business for the sake of MY comfort is stupid and childish at best. So I simply said nothing and went about my business. I think I made the right choice.

I'm only even chiming in now because this strikes me as truly ridiculous. Whoever said that to you is either genuinely worried about Nigel's possible negative reaction to seeing you interact, which I find unlikely, or they are trying to con you by tacitly agreeing with you by complaining about Nigel's potential reaction while seeking to somehow maintain a confidence with you in secret. To what end I don't know, but it's both stupid and essentially insulting to you both. They are basically saying that you would be an embarrassment to interact with publicly, but seeks to interact secretly despite this instead of just telling anyone that has a problem with it to fuck off, as is proper. They are cowardly and either stupid, think you are stupid, or both.

If it was really about you being "too mean" to Nigel they should just tell you so and stop interacting with you.

If they are really afraid that Nigel will somehow react in a manipulative or otherwise negative way to you interacting then they should cut her off as toxic and do as they please.

Instead of those things they are trying to have some sort of secret liaison with you while publicly maintaining what I can only assume at this point is an equally false friendship with Nigel.

You're 169% right to tell them to get fucked.

It would seem to me that this is just intentional shit stirring, and that's what was weird enough to provoke me to even post this reply. It's been years. What the fuck is there to gain from bringing it up at all?

I don't require that anyone do, feel, or say anything, take any side, or whatfuckingever.

I just don't want to hear about it anymore. For fuck's sake.  :lol:

And you are 169% correct in that last paragraph, and this sort of thing just makes me automatically hostile.  Not angry, just hostile.
Molon Lube

Pergamos

Quote from: LMNO on January 21, 2020, 07:14:19 PM

That's...

I mean...

I remember people pulling that shit on my sister in high school "I'll be your friend, but not in public"  It's bullshit.

Faust

I'm really glad I deleted facebook, on forums you don't know who isn't talking to who until they loudly annouce it and we all get to take swipes at each other and get it out of our systems.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on January 21, 2020, 11:43:40 PM
I'm really glad I deleted facebook, on forums you don't know who isn't talking to who until they loudly annouce it and we all get to take swipes at each other and get it out of our systems.

Every 30 day ban makes me want FB a little less.
Molon Lube

Faust

To be honest I would be lining up a little shelf of those like trophies. Spite would probably have been the only thing that could have stopped me from getting rid of it

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on January 21, 2020, 11:47:19 PM
To be honest I would be lining up a little shelf of those like trophies. Spite would probably have been the only thing that could have stopped me from getting rid of it

I spent 55% of the last 12 months banned.  My latest ban ends next Tuesday.
Molon Lube

Faust

That's some good going, when the doctor says walk 10k steps a day, they should also say spend at least 50% of the year in FB jail

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on January 22, 2020, 02:40:15 AM
Very cool! What on?

A new method of controlling heater elements.

More accurate, less energy, less wear and tear.

It's the company's property obviously, but my name is on it.  The associated bonus is nice, but my name is on it.
Molon Lube