News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Juana

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 22, 2020, 02:44:59 AM
Quote from: Juana on January 22, 2020, 02:40:15 AM
Very cool! What on?

A new method of controlling heater elements.

More accurate, less energy, less wear and tear.

It's the company's property obviously, but my name is on it.  The associated bonus is nice, but my name is on it.

That's pretty fucking awesome, man!

on a tangent, i spent sunday, monday, and half of yesterday attempting to recover from a cold and then couldnt fall asleep until like 2am. i am with a class today that, while i adore, regularly tests me and i am exhausted to the point of being a little loopy. they are under reign now but i had to threaten to eat them (not literally bc they would have made that weird and also, i ain't ending up in the paper for a joke). i haven't seen them since september so that's to be expected but ugh. also, some other dumbass sub walked off with my folder so i don't have my keys and i am kinda pissed.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Eater of Clowns

Very fucking cool, Roger, congrats.

Quote from: The Johnny on January 22, 2020, 06:01:25 AM

The Howling TGRR radiatorTM

Comes pre-banned in China!

Apply directly to the forehead!

Blown gasket included!

Now 40% more malevelolent!

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

Cain

Quote from: Juana on January 22, 2020, 05:26:17 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 22, 2020, 02:44:59 AM
Quote from: Juana on January 22, 2020, 02:40:15 AM
Very cool! What on?

A new method of controlling heater elements.

More accurate, less energy, less wear and tear.

It's the company's property obviously, but my name is on it.  The associated bonus is nice, but my name is on it.

That's pretty fucking awesome, man!

on a tangent, i spent sunday, monday, and half of yesterday attempting to recover from a cold and then couldnt fall asleep until like 2am. i am with a class today that, while i adore, regularly tests me and i am exhausted to the point of being a little loopy. they are under reign now but i had to threaten to eat them (not literally bc they would have made that weird and also, i ain't ending up in the paper for a joke). i haven't seen them since september so that's to be expected but ugh. also, some other dumbass sub walked off with my folder so i don't have my keys and i am kinda pissed.

I feel ya. Days like that....well, there's a reason I'm not currently in education.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 23, 2020, 11:33:02 AM

Blown gasket included!

The the first one on your block to blow up your block!
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 23, 2020, 08:16:01 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 23, 2020, 11:33:02 AM

Blown gasket included!

The the first one on your block to blow up your block!

And the last.
It's like a mic drop, only louder and more spectacular.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

altered

I have had my first experience with a verified hell cat.

Having saved at least twenty ferals and kept more than enough cats in my circles, I am awake at 4:30AM babysitting a cat who ate a royal fuckton of litter for the sake of eating litter.

We've done the health problems check. No chance of that being the issue.

Same cat will attack shoes if and only if you haven't worn them for a couple hours, aren't paying attention, and are within five feet of the resulting racket. Knocks over cups with water in them, and never empty ones or non-liquid holding containers. Tears the weather proofing out of the windows. Will keep you awake (to the point of claws and teeth) until you give up on sleep, then curl up in a chair nearby and go to sleep himself once you caffeinate.

I've had literally two dozen cats, minimum, and interacted with hundreds more, and this is the worst behaved one I've ever met.

And for me, the kicker is... Has a thousand toys and between 3 and 6 people AND another cat in the house who play with him all day long.

There is no call for this behavior! But he can't seem to function without actively trying to fuck with people. And he's definitely fucking with people: he never does damage when no ones around, and he will actively walk away from positive attention to knock over a water cup on someone's desk, get everyone screaming, then dash through the door into another room and start grooming himself like what, huh? Wasn't me! Been here the whole time!

I can say one positive thing. When he is informed that something IS A CABLE AND NOT FOOD he gets it and leaves it alone. I respect that.

I do not respect that instead, if he really wants to fuck with electronics, he'll knock water into them. Rat bastard.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

Anna Mae Bollocks

altered

:lulz:

They are nice usually! I've been a cat rescuer and big fan of cats for ages, dealt with all kinds of behavioral issues, all of that. Most cats are legitimately wonderful, though sometimes difficult. This one is the exception.

If my only cat experience had been with one like this, I'd have never become a cat person at all. I can finally understand now how some people believe cats are hell demons by default, it's such a consistent pattern of FUCK YOU from this little guy. Absolutely not motivated by positive attention, food, comfort. Motivated exclusively by squirt bottles and watching everyone scream and run into each other in panic.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Trivial

I think someone is vaguebooking about me but I can't tell because vaguebooking.  So I'll be vague here for fun.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: alteredAbsolutely not motivated by positive attention, food, comfort. Motivated exclusively by squirt bottles and watching everyone scream and run into each other in panic.

Just a word to the wise, squirt bottles, if you are going to use them, require extreme stealth. Because if the cat knows YOU did it, he will just decide you're bad. And then you get the adversarial thing.