News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 07, 2020, 06:28:47 PM
Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on February 07, 2020, 06:17:23 PM
Quote from: The Johnny on February 07, 2020, 12:21:33 AM
Quote from: altered on February 06, 2020, 08:21:55 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 06, 2020, 03:50:03 PM
Um.

Wow.

This is so American it makes my teeth itch.

https://apnews.com/087793aca502274877c4763383c2f151

I have to just rephrase this because it's so fucking absurd.

A man is trying to barricade himself in his apartment because of a dog attack. A neighbor enters the apartment, goes "that's a dog attack alright", then goes to get his trusty FUCKING crossbow. He shoots a dog with his FUCKING CROSSBOW ARE YOU SHITTING ME and the bolt penetrates the dog and kills the dude who was trying to create a barricade against the dogs. Cops show up, and kill the dogs. Crossbow man realizes the person he was trying to help is dead and he killed the poor bastard.

:aaa:

QuoteOne of the dogs belonged to the man who died, she said. The other belonged to his girlfriend, who also lived in the home.

"My friends pets were fighting amongst themselves like they do all week, so I got them all killed - finally some peace and quiet."

So pretty much I feel like everyone was at fault in this situation, except the poor dogs.

Life is tough on dogs.

In the very best life they can enjoy, they get their balls chopped off.

Think about that for a second.

Mine still have balls, since they don't have access to fe-
Oh. Yeah, you're right.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on February 07, 2020, 06:55:24 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 07, 2020, 06:28:47 PM
Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on February 07, 2020, 06:17:23 PM
Quote from: The Johnny on February 07, 2020, 12:21:33 AM
Quote from: altered on February 06, 2020, 08:21:55 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 06, 2020, 03:50:03 PM
Um.

Wow.

This is so American it makes my teeth itch.

https://apnews.com/087793aca502274877c4763383c2f151

I have to just rephrase this because it's so fucking absurd.

A man is trying to barricade himself in his apartment because of a dog attack. A neighbor enters the apartment, goes "that's a dog attack alright", then goes to get his trusty FUCKING crossbow. He shoots a dog with his FUCKING CROSSBOW ARE YOU SHITTING ME and the bolt penetrates the dog and kills the dude who was trying to create a barricade against the dogs. Cops show up, and kill the dogs. Crossbow man realizes the person he was trying to help is dead and he killed the poor bastard.

:aaa:

QuoteOne of the dogs belonged to the man who died, she said. The other belonged to his girlfriend, who also lived in the home.

"My friends pets were fighting amongst themselves like they do all week, so I got them all killed - finally some peace and quiet."

So pretty much I feel like everyone was at fault in this situation, except the poor dogs.

Life is tough on dogs.

In the very best life they can enjoy, they get their balls chopped off.

Think about that for a second.

Mine still have balls, since they don't have access to fe-
Oh. Yeah, you're right.

:horrormirth:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

altered

So, for a long time I've known about the links between gluten intolerance and autism, but my digestive issues were unresponsive to gluten reduction, so I figured it wasn't relevant to me.

Yesterday, I learned about something FRESH and EXCITING called GLUTEN ATAXIA.

The symptoms list includes things like cluster headaches, muscle spasms, neuropathies, seizures, visual disturbances, and it's worth noting the doctors I've seen figured I was making shit up here because I have a very weird symptom list for fitting any other bill. Gluten ataxia practically defines my problems.

After I finish the current batch of gluten-containing food I have, I'm going to try the longest gluten-free diet I've done, around two or three months. It turns out you can recover the nerve damage gluten ataxia gives you, but it takes a long time and you cannot cheat on it at all.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on February 09, 2020, 02:56:31 PM
So, for a long time I've known about the links between gluten intolerance and autism, but my digestive issues were unresponsive to gluten reduction, so I figured it wasn't relevant to me.

Yesterday, I learned about something FRESH and EXCITING called GLUTEN ATAXIA.

The symptoms list includes things like cluster headaches, muscle spasms, neuropathies, seizures, visual disturbances, and it's worth noting the doctors I've seen figured I was making shit up here because I have a very weird symptom list for fitting any other bill. Gluten ataxia practically defines my problems.

After I finish the current batch of gluten-containing food I have, I'm going to try the longest gluten-free diet I've done, around two or three months. It turns out you can recover the nerve damage gluten ataxia gives you, but it takes a long time and you cannot cheat on it at all.

I found ton of references to this on pubmed.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Hadjivassiliou%20M%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=18787912
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: altered on February 09, 2020, 02:56:31 PM
Interesting.  I hope this works out for you, and suggest that you keep a journal (you know, so that you can monitor any change in frequency of headaches and such).
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

I know now that it's old news, but it was the first I had heard of it.

My cluster headache symptoms are rare enough that I don't know how much of the fact that the only two times I remember eating a ton of home made bread both involved cluster headaches is coincidence. Keeping a journal for three to four months might catch one or two clusters, on a bad year.

The neuropathies, lack of balance, muscle spasms and visual errors are all a lot more consistent. They're consistent enough that I can tell good and bad days apart by holding my arm a certain way in the light, and by turning my head all the way left and looking out of the right side of my eyes (up and down lose meaning for me pretty consistently when I do that on a bad day, the world seems to oscillate between upside down and right side up, no I'm not joking). So I can just do that, and mark days off on the household calendar as good or bad.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Bruno

Quote from: altered on February 09, 2020, 11:33:12 PM

My cluster headache symptoms are rare enough that I don't know how much of the fact that the only two times I remember eating a ton of home made bread both involved cluster headaches is coincidence. Keeping a journal for three to four months might catch one or two clusters, on a bad year.

The neuropathies, lack of balance, muscle spasms and visual errors are all a lot more consistent. They're consistent enough that I can tell good and bad days apart by holding my arm a certain way in the light, and by turning my head all the way left and looking out of the right side of my eyes (up and down lose meaning for me pretty consistently when I do that on a bad day, the world seems to oscillate between upside down and right side up, no I'm not joking). So I can just do that, and mark days off on the household calendar as good or bad.

Have you tried treating them with psilocybe mushrooms? I know they've been studied for treatment of cluster headaches. I'm not sure what the latest is on the results of the research.
Formerly something else...

Cain

Well that session went into the gutter at a new world record.

altered

Quote from: Bruno on February 10, 2020, 12:38:54 AM

Have you tried treating them with psilocybe mushrooms? I know they've been studied for treatment of cluster headaches. I'm not sure what the latest is on the results of the research.

Every bit of this is a bad idea on every possible level. Even though the worst parts of this idea may not be immediately visible, there is more than enough bad in knowing that I am in Chicago, that the cluster headaches happen maximum three or four times a year, and that I have seizures. Oh, and that the symptom of cluster headaches is associated with an extremely probable (for me) gluten problem that I'm on my way to treating.

On top of that, I'm broke as fuck, the cops love to harass a stressed queer ANYWHERE, I have a dissociative disorder, and I need to be functional on the day to day badly enough that I cannot even begin to trust natural products with unpredictable dosages to try to microdose.

No. But I appreciate it, I guess?

Bruno

Quote from: altered on February 10, 2020, 04:51:17 AM
Quote from: Bruno on February 10, 2020, 12:38:54 AM

Every bit of this is a bad idea on every possible level. Even though the worst parts of this idea may not be immediately visible, there is more than enough bad in knowing that I am in Chicago, that the cluster headaches happen maximum three or four times a year, and that I have seizures. Oh, and that the symptom of cluster headaches is associated with an extremely probable (for me) gluten problem that I'm on my way to treating.

On top of that, I'm broke as fuck, the cops love to harass a stressed queer ANYWHERE, I have a dissociative disorder, and I need to be functional on the day to day badly enough that I cannot even begin to trust natural products with unpredictable dosages to try to microdose.

No. But I appreciate it, I guess?

Fair enough. It was a subject I followed 10-15 years ago. Last I heard Johns Hopkins was looking into it. No Idea how that turned out. I knew a few people online who were self-medicating with it, but I've since lost touch with those people.
Formerly something else...

altered

I mean, I didn't want to be like "fuck you and fuck your face", hence the very last sentence. And to be clear, it's not like you were wrong: severe sufferers see a lot of improvement because it stops symptoms fairly fast and prevents the cluster from continuing for a fair while, usually long enough for it to go dormant.

Psilo is just a really, really bad idea for me, from many different financial, legal and mental health standpoints. And the cause, even if it did help, is very likely to be a symptom of something else that is easier to deal with in every way but financially (which is about equivalent). And the rarity of the clusters make it pretty much worthless to try for me, I'd probably never have any handy when I needed it.

So like, no. But I appreciate the thought.

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 10, 2020, 09:05:05 AM
Quote from: Cain on February 10, 2020, 01:04:28 AM

What??

D&D session. This was describing how to blow the crystal trap off the pedastal. Unfortunately, given the phrasing....

The Johnny

Quote from: Cain on February 10, 2020, 11:58:49 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 10, 2020, 09:05:05 AM
Quote from: Cain on February 10, 2020, 01:04:28 AM

What??

D&D session. This was describing how to blow the crystal trap off the pedastal. Unfortunately, given the phrasing....

**Attempts to do sexy dance for crystal trap (rolls d20)**
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

There was also this earlier, from the same person.

The sad thing is she's responding perfectly appropriately to what is actually going on, it's just everyone else has filthy minds.