News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Quote from: altered on March 24, 2020, 01:18:18 AM
Quote from: Cramulus on March 23, 2020, 11:16:15 PM
Quote from: altered on March 21, 2020, 12:21:34 AM
I escaped Chicago, and am now in middle of nowhere Michigan. My body is trying to murder me (digestive, I am not COVID-devoured) and my brain is slow and the technology is failing, but there will be phone calls and training soon. Works out.

How's it going up there? You all situated?

There's logistical madness: this is a three bedroom home and soon will have *deep breath*

Me
My friend
My friend's mother and stepfather
My friend's brother
My friend's sister and her husband

Trying to live in it together without going insane.

We have wildly incompatible sleep patterns. A narcoleptic, two with non-24 but on opposite cyclic points, two late nighters who otherwise are normal, and two early birds who otherwise are normal.

Everyone works from home except the stepfather and the brother and technically me. I need to have WFH space set aside and a sleeping situation suited to my sleep disorder. Noise isolation does not exist.

It is chaos.

It's still better than the streets, and I eat like royalty. So you know, good stuff, just high stress.

woah that sounds crowded! Glad you've landed though. Do you have your own space within the house that you can retreat to?

Cramulus

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on March 24, 2020, 04:34:22 AM
The antivaxxer I know has it. She's also got asthma and another condition that puts her at higher risk.

She went to the grocery store AGAIN.

:science:

altered

Quote from: Cramulus on March 24, 2020, 11:54:35 AM
Quote from: altered on March 24, 2020, 01:18:18 AM
Quote from: Cramulus on March 23, 2020, 11:16:15 PM
Quote from: altered on March 21, 2020, 12:21:34 AM
I escaped Chicago, and am now in middle of nowhere Michigan. My body is trying to murder me (digestive, I am not COVID-devoured) and my brain is slow and the technology is failing, but there will be phone calls and training soon. Works out.

How's it going up there? You all situated?

There's logistical madness: this is a three bedroom home and soon will have *deep breath*

Me
My friend
My friend's mother and stepfather
My friend's brother
My friend's sister and her husband

Trying to live in it together without going insane.

We have wildly incompatible sleep patterns. A narcoleptic, two with non-24 but on opposite cyclic points, two late nighters who otherwise are normal, and two early birds who otherwise are normal.

Everyone works from home except the stepfather and the brother and technically me. I need to have WFH space set aside and a sleeping situation suited to my sleep disorder. Noise isolation does not exist.

It is chaos.

It's still better than the streets, and I eat like royalty. So you know, good stuff, just high stress.

woah that sounds crowded! Glad you've landed though. Do you have your own space within the house that you can retreat to?

Yeah, currently. There is the risk of that being lost, though.

Unfortunately, even now it's crowded to the point that I am sitting here starving because people are asleep in the exact position to completely block access to the kitchen in a way that makes it physically impossible to get past if you're dealing with horrendous gut pain. So I cannot eat until they wake up because I have horrendous gut pain.

I could wake them up, you say? Not so. There is a door in the way. It's shut. Pinned. This is why it is impossible: I would need to shove it open when I can barely sit up. I would need help from the other side, but my voice is inaudible because deep breathing is AGONY on my stomach.

My life is a cartoon.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Could someone post on my page that I am negative from corona and have recovered from whatever it was?
Molon Lube

Cramulus

I have done so. I also let everybody know the piss thing.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on March 24, 2020, 06:42:44 PM
I have done so. I also let everybody know the piss thing.

It's nice that someone finally stepped up to TGRR and Enrico's shoes.

And pissed on them.
Molon Lube

Suu

About to join Dok in the FB slammer in 5...4...3...2...
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Suu on March 24, 2020, 08:35:08 PM
The never ending Rummy game has an open seat.
Molon Lube

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Juana

I was hoping to build the raised garden bed we've been planning and get some planting done but it is cold as balls and raining. ☹️ I'd bake instead but I haven't had a kitchen since mid November and the home insurance company is DRAGGING THEIR FUCKING FEET on paying up and the cabinets are taking forever, so I can't.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

Juana

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on March 24, 2020, 11:33:21 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 24, 2020, 11:06:48 PM
Quote from: Juana on March 24, 2020, 10:27:01 PM
Quote from: Suu on March 24, 2020, 08:35:08 PM
What'd you do?

Violated the NAP.
No idea what that means.

Non Aggression Principle.  It's libertarianism for letting people die miserably in an ethical, moral way.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Cain, Faust, we have two in the waiting room that MIGHT be legit, but they have the same email provider.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 25, 2020, 12:58:43 AM
Cain, Faust, we have two in the waiting room that MIGHT be legit, but they have the same email provider.

Thanks. Turned out they were not, which makes me sad. It's a poor day when the spammers are pretending to be innocent fanfiction writers.