News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

If LMNO isn't already aware there's no fucking justice, that shits been a meme for like 3 years now — hold on checking math... yeah give or take a couple months
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Da6s

Glad some of you fuckers are still kicking around. No idea what was in my last life update but let's see, I'm married now, just bought a condo in a denver suburb because I was paying the same amount in rent and pissed off about it, had my honeymoon in japan for sakura aborted 4 days in of 18 over covid escalation which was good times, and i'm currently interviewing for a PM position in the cannabis industry which a recruiter hit me up for as I had no intention of going that route, but eh, money's great & that industry is booming with quarantine shitshow. In the past week I managed to replace an electrical outlet, set up a cat6 coupler between 2 walls, completely replace all components of 2 toilets, replace a ceiling light fixture, and discover that at 33 I'm too fucking old for physical labor as my back has hurt daily for the past 2 weeks & we're still a week out from fully moving.

Until the next post in however many months/years.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

minuspace

Da6s

Quote from: proword on June 16, 2020, 10:56:25 PM
Bones mended and all?

That with regards to my climbing accident 50 foot plummet? Last month was 3 year anniversary, Probably have 80% of my strength back in my right arm at this point, Occasionally still get nerve tingle in my right bicep but was told that'd take years to heal fully, cuz nerve damage is a bitch. If you were replying to someone else, nevermind.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

minuspace

Quote from: Da6s on June 16, 2020, 11:05:53 PM
Bones mended and all?

That with regards to my climbing accident 50 foot plummet? Last month was 3 year anniversary, Probably have 80% of my strength back in my right arm at this point, Occasionally still get nerve tingle in my right bicep but was told that'd take years to heal fully, cuz nerve damage is a bitch. If you were replying to someone else, nevermind.

Congratulations! It's not linear, but yes, I can do things now that I couldn't before and I kept all 17 screws so

Cramulus

Quote from: Da6s on June 16, 2020, 11:05:53 PM
Bones mended and all?

Hey Dags!

good to hear from you. That's crazy that you're only at 80% after all this time, but then again, it's a little crazy that you're alive to begin with!

sorry to hear about the honeymoon though -- at least you got married before the lockdown though. I have to punt my wedding to 2021.

Freeky

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on June 10, 2020, 02:32:07 AM
Quote from: Freeky on June 09, 2020, 10:23:32 PM
Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on June 09, 2020, 10:13:01 PM
I am somewhat curious about the context in which vegetables are prohibitively expensive, but horses aren't.

horses are good companions, and vegetables aren't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does grass grow during the winter?

some places!

but all the points mocking me are pretty on point :lol: it's fairly ridiculous. i just miss being around horses and being active and all that.  if i'm being honest it's just an idea i cling to when i'm hungry and there's not enough food in the house for both me and the kid.

obviously, they're the one who gets to eat.

Freeky

Quote from: Da6s on June 16, 2020, 10:48:54 PM
Glad some of you fuckers are still kicking around. No idea what was in my last life update but let's see, I'm married now, just bought a condo in a denver suburb because I was paying the same amount in rent and pissed off about it, had my honeymoon in japan for sakura aborted 4 days in of 18 over covid escalation which was good times, and i'm currently interviewing for a PM position in the cannabis industry which a recruiter hit me up for as I had no intention of going that route, but eh, money's great & that industry is booming with quarantine shitshow. In the past week I managed to replace an electrical outlet, set up a cat6 coupler between 2 walls, completely replace all components of 2 toilets, replace a ceiling light fixture, and discover that at 33 I'm too fucking old for physical labor as my back has hurt daily for the past 2 weeks & we're still a week out from fully moving.

Until the next post in however many months/years.

congombolations!

minuspace

Field Report x UFO relations:
——————————————————————-—————
On a silent ballistic legacy
+ Implication to draw forces
   away from rocketry
   And other painted shells

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUZSMSRopfI

Or, how I got them to stop traumatizing the locals with explosive light shows.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

minuspace

What in the ever living fuck is that.

ETA

QuoteYou are heartily welcome to eat the corn directly out of my shit.

Flipping twitter, lovely landscape

Faust

As someone I admire a lot I am going to wait for his statement on this.

A writer being a sleeze with his fans is gross, and its possible. but some of the things being said on that thread dont add up.
While Ellis was a literary artistic success in the field of comic books he could never "make or break an aspiring career", he has made a modest living on his career as a writer but...
Just from reading around he has operated on the commercial perifery of the comics industry with a lot of indy work, the big two have always maintained contracts which mean the writer does not get rich, the first time that has happened for him ironically (despite an awesome catalogue of work) is when he made castlevenia a year ago.
He was not a publisher, and has had run ins with publishers like hellblazer ending because of the school shooting issue, he is not an industry darling like many other writers.

At best he could offer recommendation for writers and artists, but he was never in a position of control,  Not the equivalent of a producer like the others seen in #metoo.
Not a reciprocal arrangement where any of the womens careers depended on his opinion of them. This is not #metoo.

Seperately, if the allegations are true, what im seeing is a man who exploited his fanbase  cashing in on their admiration of him, but many of whom also happen to be his social group. It sucks if he did that, and sad they were devastated when he dropped them and moved on.
That would be disgusting and selfish and would lower my opinion of him as a person

I will wait and see what other stories come out and I want his side of the story too before I have an opinion one way or another
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on June 17, 2020, 10:39:28 PM
As someone I admire a lot I am going to wait for his statement on this.

A writer being a sleeze with his fans is gross, and its possible. but some of the things being said on that thread dont add up.
While Ellis was a literary artistic success in the field of comic books he could never "make or break an aspiring career", he has made a modest living on his career as a writer but...
Just from reading around he has operated on the commercial perifery of the comics industry with a lot of indy work, the big two have always maintained contracts which mean the writer does not get rich, the first time that has happened for him ironically (despite an awesome catalogue of work) is when he made castlevenia a year ago.
He was not a publisher, and has had run ins with publishers like hellblazer ending because of the school shooting issue, he is not an industry darling like many other writers.

At best he could offer recommendation for writers and artists, but he was never in a position of control,  Not the equivalent of a producer like the others seen in #metoo.
Not a reciprocal arrangement where any of the womens careers depended on his opinion of them. This is not #metoo.

Seperately, if the allegations are true, what im seeing is a man who exploited his fanbase  cashing in on their admiration of him, but many of whom also happen to be his social group. It sucks if he did that, and sad they were devastated when he dropped them and moved on.
That would be disgusting and selfish and would lower my opinion of him as a person

I will wait and see what other stories come out and I want his side of the story too before I have an opinion one way or another

Yeah, also I'd be more inclined to hate his guts if someone said "no" and he did shit anyway.

I don't know enough details to know if that occurred.  I will also wait to see more.
Molon Lube