News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

Help me win some awards

Started by Cramulus, February 12, 2020, 03:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Hey cats. So as most of you know, I work on this super wacky project whose name I don't want to write here, because I don't want this forum coming up when you google it. So I'm going to say the first word is Goat. The second word is Larp.

In the UK, there's a larp conference that has an award show. The owners told me that my game has a really good shot if we get a bunch of nominations in the "best international larp" and "best small larp" categories. (as they don't get a ton of submissions there)

Can you please go to this link, click on the form, and then nominate the game I wrote above? You don't have to fill in any comments, but it's also ok to make some shit up as long as it sounds like you might have been there.

Voting closes at 11pm uk time (6pm eastern time) tonight, so please do it!

http://larpcon.co.uk/?page_id=63

Faust

Nominated: Goatse

Reason
"He burst into my room, threw me from the window and said if I don't nominate this LARP he would eat my pets. The fall would have killed me if I hadn't rolled a critical success so I think he means business"
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cramulus

yo sorry, but can you please edit that phrase out of your post?

I don't want people to google it and then find my posts on this forum about wanting to fuck the porgs from star wars

altered

if you get an actual like award statue or something I demand you carve off little pieces of it to send to the people who voted for GL

Except me, of course.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Faust

Quote from: Cramulus on February 12, 2020, 03:28:46 PM
yo sorry, but can you please edit that phrase out of your post?

I don't want people to google it and then find my posts on this forum about wanting to fuck the porgs from star wars
Done and GL to GL
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on February 12, 2020, 03:13:53 PM
Hey cats. So as most of you know, I work on this super wacky project whose name I don't want to write here, because I don't want this forum coming up when you google it. So I'm going to say the first word is Goat. The second word is Larp.

In the UK, there's a larp conference that has an award show. The owners told me that my game has a really good shot if we get a bunch of nominations in the "best international larp" and "best small larp" categories. (as they don't get a ton of submissions there)

Can you please go to this link, click on the form, and then nominate the game I wrote above? You don't have to fill in any comments, but it's also ok to make some shit up as long as it sounds like you might have been there.

Voting closes at 11pm uk time (6pm eastern time) tonight, so please do it!

http://larpcon.co.uk/?page_id=63

I will do this from my home box.

Reason given:  Positively surreal.  A great deal of fun.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Frontside Back

I nominated it for everything. Sorry. My finger slipped.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Frontside Back on February 12, 2020, 04:50:55 PM
Way to break it, hero.
Molon Lube

Frontside Back

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 12, 2020, 05:08:23 PM
Way to break it, hero.
Democracy doesn't work if you don't use your votes.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Frontside Back on February 12, 2020, 05:55:57 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 12, 2020, 05:08:23 PM
Way to break it, hero.
Democracy doesn't work if you don't use your votes.

I'll keep this in mind, and never bother taking anything you say as anything more than random Yatto malice.
Molon Lube

LMNO

frontside, you might have missed the part where Cram actually wanted to win an award in a certain category, and specifically made sure not to leave a trail from there to here so the votes would look legit.

You carpet bombing all categories with his entry is an immediate red flag that something is suspicious. 

So yeah, smooth move, dick.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 12, 2020, 07:13:43 PM
frontside, you might have missed the part where Cram actually wanted to win an award in a certain category, and specifically made sure not to leave a trail from there to here so the votes would look legit.

You carpet bombing all categories with his entry is an immediate red flag that something is suspicious. 

So yeah, smooth move, dick.

That shit was intentional.  It was a Yatto move.
Molon Lube

Frontside Back

Note taken, it was a mistake. I apologize and hope the damage caused stays minimal.

Cramulus

eh it's not a big deal, I don't think you're the first person to go gung ho about it

I know the guys that run the awards, and they don't take themselves very seriously at all -- I think they'll be amused