News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

YO! NEW DISCORDIAN KNIGHT!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 02, 2020, 04:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

"His father" created a cultural icon, which spread as a meme, funny one. He was still able to sell merch at that point if not more than before.
Then a group of internet nazis co-opted it. Lets make that temporary and allow "his father" to start selling merch again.
Icons and symbols are powerful, if you willingly give them away to people with feble scared little word views then you are handing away that power and losing a battle with them
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Frontside Back

Quote from: Faust on April 05, 2020, 03:12:56 PM
Icons and symbols are powerful, if you willingly give them away to people with feble scared little word views then you are handing away that power and losing a battle with them
I googled "antifa pepe" to find this image

but all the other search results have me thinking that using effort on that particular front would be wasteful and foolish.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Faust

In short, why should my change my behaviour because of the activities of a group of shitty people?
I like memes and anyone who tries to use them to push their agenda can go under the steamroller

Frontside Back

Quote from: Faust on April 05, 2020, 03:30:40 PM
In short, why should my change my behaviour because of the activities of a group of shitty people?
I like memes and anyone who tries to use them to push their agenda can go under the steamroller
Because shitty people doing shitty things affects everyone. Reacting to stimuli around you makes you alive.

Faust

Quote from: Frontside Back on April 05, 2020, 03:44:12 PM
Quote from: Faust on April 05, 2020, 03:30:40 PM
Because shitty people doing shitty things affects everyone. Reacting to stimuli around you makes you alive.

Not willingly parting with something you enjoy to racists is a reaction, a far more valuable one then giving them a platform or any acknowledgement as human beings is to invalidate anything they would try enjoy. I enjoy memes, I enjoy not giving a fuck about what nazis think. I will continue to do both

Faust

Actionable nazi items:
A racist posts on this forum -> ban them
A racist says something idiotic in real life -> confront them
A racist tries to harm someone -> harm them instead

Non actionable items:
A racist somewhere else on the internet posts memes, some of which you like but have a different context when used. This becomes actionable if a racist appears and uses them here to support racist views. A meme in and of itself does not belong to the subhuman, it belongs to everyone

Frontside Back

While I get you, I'm still not gonna give someone sporting swastika as "an ancient hindu symbol" a benefit of the doubt.

The frog man might be different, but we all know what's the association we can't not think about.

Faust

"Feels good man" is the association I have with that image, from when I saw it, possibly like 10+ years ago. It's all context.

I would agree with the swastika as for me and I assume it doesn't doesnt have any other context, unless the context was I was in India at one of the temples that still holds the mark (even then I think the traditional hindu version has a set of 4 dots in it and faces the opposite way).

Cain

"His father" created a cultural icon, which spread as a meme, funny one. He was still able to sell merch at that point if not more than before.
Then a group of internet nazis co-opted it. Lets make that temporary and allow "his father" to start selling merch again.

I'm fine with that.

It's just the passive aggressive "sorry if you're offended"-esque bullshit that irked me, when he knows damn well why it raised eyebrows.

Faust

Yeah, hints and vibes of outlandish, hopefully there is a good creme for that

The Wizard Joseph

did a search for rare pepe. still filtering, but this one was the shit!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

41D5K1N6

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 05, 2020, 04:57:29 PM

I got about 1500 in my collection, this one was not a part of it  :lulz:
L0rd Z0ltan 41D5K1N6 Kataskopos,
more discordian than 23 apples in a pentagon,
interdimensional God-Shaman 420° Level V,
german amBASSador for MK Cultra,
GröVoRz (Greatest Dumbass of all Spime) of Lochstettenweiler in der Blase,
instruckted and soaked leaking In- and Expert of the Research Institute for Reality and Illusion,
as well as member of the Caucus of Secret Hairmen within the ℧oS,
furtherless Chonk and temporary Superviser of the Labor Circle for Survival Artistry of the houly O⁙D⁙D⁙,
and least Greatest and Sole Majoestic Megagigaultraipspissimus and Desecrated Depthpriest of HM,ERIS
(lvlup soon)

(ง ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)ง ( ͡ಥ ͜ʖ ͡ಥ) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ‾ʖ̫‾) ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)

If I'm not allowed to believe what I read, should I read what I believe?
Your mom is like a squid: has eight arms and sqirts dark fluids

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: 41D5K1N6 on April 06, 2020, 09:17:28 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 05, 2020, 04:57:29 PM

I got about 1500 in my collection, this one was not a part of it  :lulz:

I found this one too, but was saving it for trolling on a sock eventually. got this one?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on April 05, 2020, 04:46:37 PM

I'm fine with that.

It's just the passive aggressive "sorry if you're offended"-esque bullshit that irked me, when he knows damn well why it raised eyebrows.

Followed by, today, SOSHAL EXPIRMINT!!!11
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on April 04, 2020, 08:52:07 PM
Its evangelion and pepe, and before people start saying "pepe has been claimed by nazi's", I dont give a fuck what nazi's think. Hes MINE.

*shrug*

When you go somewhere new and post pepe memes, what is the first thing people think?
Molon Lube