News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Help

Started by Dimocritus, April 25, 2020, 06:41:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimocritus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 28, 2020, 11:35:01 PM
Quote from: Dimocritus on April 28, 2020, 11:25:50 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 26, 2020, 03:06:47 AM
I'm still voting against Trump.  Because my feelings of butthurt do not exceed my hatred for every single thing Donald Trump stands for.

So, here's the thing, I understand what you're saying. However, calling someone who's vote we need "butthurt," or otherwise antagonizing them is super counterproductive. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for a "kinder and gentler" TGRR, that would be truly horrifying. But shit, at least keep it to yourself until the election is over so people actually trying to reach to potential voters out don't have an additional hurdle to climb, as it is, the DNC can't stop getting in their own way and making things difficult.

Dude, 4+ years ago, I was called a Nazi and a racist and a libertarian because I was voting for Bernie, and nobody said shit about it.  Not one person, *including* everyone giving me shit now.

But now I have to be nice, because Saint Bernie is involved.

:whack:

No, I don't.  I in fact feel no need to accept political wisdom or moral guidance from PD, because it's nothing but cock and repost hypocrisy all the way down.

This has literally got nothing to do with Bernie at this point. It's about getting people who would otherwise not vote to get out there and get this orange fucktard out of office. You either help or don't. No one said you had to be happy about it. I'm certainly not. But if it's more important to you to antagonize people on the internet, fine, just realize it's making other people's jobs more difficult. For every one one person I can convince to "come around" we lose three or four because someone was antagonizing them.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dimocritus on April 28, 2020, 11:39:18 PM
I'm still voting against Trump.  Because my feelings of butthurt do not exceed my hatred for every single thing Donald Trump stands for.

So, here's the thing, I understand what you're saying. However, calling someone who's vote we need "butthurt," or otherwise antagonizing them is super counterproductive. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for a "kinder and gentler" TGRR, that would be truly horrifying. But shit, at least keep it to yourself until the election is over so people actually trying to reach to potential voters out don't have an additional hurdle to climb, as it is, the DNC can't stop getting in their own way and making things difficult.

Dude, 4+ years ago, I was called a Nazi and a racist and a libertarian because I was voting for Bernie, and nobody said shit about it.  Not one person, *including* everyone giving me shit now.

No, I don't.  I in fact feel no need to accept political wisdom or moral guidance from PD, because it's nothing but cock and repost hypocrisy all the way down.

This has literally got nothing to do with Bernie at this point. It's about getting people who would otherwise not vote to get out there and get this orange fucktard out of office. You either help or don't. No one said you had to be happy about it. I'm certainly not. But if it's more important to you to antagonize people on the internet, fine, just realize it's making other people's jobs more difficult. For every one one person I can convince to "come around" we lose three or four because someone was antagonizing them.

Right here (PD), right now (this election), it's all personal.  All of it.

Outside of PD I am quite willing to be more persuasive.  But inside of PD, not so much.

Molon Lube

Dimocritus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 28, 2020, 11:37:25 PM
Quote from: Dimocritus on April 28, 2020, 11:31:06 PM
The other thing to keep in mind is that many former Bernie/Warren supporters are very idealistic.

Sometimes I laugh so hard I shit my pants.

I mean, my choices went Harris, Warren, Sanders, some random asshole, Biden, a lump of Trump's shit, Pete, Gabbard, but I don't want to hear SHIT about idealism on this here forum.  None.  Nada.  No gusta.  Nein.

WTF are you even on about? Luckily I'm heartily immune to your brand of shitposting, you inoculated me yourself. Read my posts as they are written and stop injecting things to be mad about. I'm talking strategy here. Like, remember that one game of Werewolf where you and I convinced everyone to just kill themselves? It's kinda like that, but a little more important than a forum game.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 28, 2020, 11:43:17 PM

Outside of PD I am quite willing to be more persuasive.  But inside of PD, not so much.

This I can understand and respect, but it wasn't me that called you any of those things.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dimocritus on April 28, 2020, 11:44:26 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 28, 2020, 11:43:17 PM

This I can understand and respect, but it wasn't me that called you any of those things.

Nobody spoke up.  Not one person.

Then, later, I was asked to be nice to this person because they were having a hard time.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

So you might understand that it's slightly difficult to smile through the rage.

Dok,
Will get over this soon enough, but not right now.
Molon Lube

Dimocritus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 28, 2020, 11:51:27 PM

Dok,

Further, I didn't realize any of that was happening. Maybe even my own fault I didn't realize. Even further, had I realized, in all honesty, I don't know if I would have stepped in because 4+ years ago a LOT of PDers, including you, dogpiled on me about shit that I never said/did while I was dealing with extreme poverty and depression. No one cared to help in any way except Charley and Alty. They were literally the only ones. Thing is, I don't and will never hold a grudge against you or anyone else here on PD (except Nigel). Fuck the past, it's stupid anyway. I'd much prefer to spend my time taking down Orange Hitler and his fucking retarded cronies.

The Wizard Joseph

ya know... in a strange way Trailer Park Hitler and the Low-rent Reich are true uniters in that I would Happily stand shoulder to shoulder with otherwise intolerable folks if we were all focused on fucking their shit up for good and all. that's really saying something.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dimocritus on April 28, 2020, 11:57:02 PM

Dok,

Further, I didn't realize any of that was happening. Maybe even my own fault I didn't realize. Even further, had I realized, in all honesty, I don't know if I would have stepped in because 4+ years ago a LOT of PDers, including you, dogpiled on me about shit that I never said/did while I was dealing with extreme poverty and depression. No one cared to help in any way except Charley and Alty. They were literally the only ones. Thing is, I don't and will never hold a grudge against you or anyone else here on PD (except Nigel). Fuck the past, it's stupid anyway. I'd much prefer to spend my time taking down Orange Hitler and his fucking retarded cronies.

Point.  It's Nigel I hate, not you.

My apologies.
Molon Lube

Dimocritus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 29, 2020, 12:23:26 AM

Dok,

My apologies.

Cool beans.

Back on topic, I cannot stand emboldened racists and bigots, let's take this fucker down. Love or hate, we have a lot of smart people here, let's do what we do best and convince people to do things they normally wouldn't  :lulz:

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 29, 2020, 12:12:22 AM
ya know... in a strange way Trailer Park Hitler and the Low-rent Reich are true uniters in that I would Happily stand shoulder to shoulder with otherwise intolerable folks if we were all focused on fucking their shit up for good and all. that's really saying something.

Same. I didn't like you too much when you first signed up, but if Roger et al have come to tolerate you, then I'll happily leave all former notions I had of you in the past. We may have an opportunity here for one of the best GASMs ever.

Dimocritus

Also, fuck Nigel.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dimocritus on April 29, 2020, 01:31:36 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 29, 2020, 12:23:26 AM

Dok,

My apologies.

Cool beans.

Back on topic, I cannot stand emboldened racists and bigots, let's take this fucker down. Love or hate, we have a lot of smart people here, let's do what we do best and convince people to do things they normally wouldn't  :lulz:

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 29, 2020, 12:12:22 AM

Same. I didn't like you too much when you first signed up, but if Roger et al have come to tolerate you, then I'll happily leave all former notions I had of you in the past. We may have an opportunity here for one of the best GASMs ever.

I'm down.

And TWJ is fine.  He just had a rocky start.
Molon Lube

Dimocritus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 29, 2020, 01:40:02 AM

I'm down.

Cool.

I think the best start is to try different approaches on how to get people to do something that they would otherwise think is too unwholesome and report back here with what works and what doesn't. The more memetic of us (looks at Cram) could possibly come up with posters etc for us to circulate. Personally, I think it's the type of thing that is easier with a one on one convo, but anything that can be distributed en masse would, of course, be helpful.

Reminder to everyone, we do not have to be truthful, we do not have to be logical (unless that is what works in a given case). The only thing we gotta do is get Ferret Head the fuck out.

It's tough and a lot of what needs to be done just sucks. I had a convo the other day with a buddy that started with "You realize we have to vote for Biden, right?" and it felt so gross to say, I'm not a huge fan of "lesser of two evils" rhetoric, but luckily in this case, I was able to present the idea successfully.   

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dimocritus on April 29, 2020, 01:50:23 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 29, 2020, 01:40:02 AM

I'm down.

Cool.

I think the best start is to try different approaches on how to get people to do something that they would otherwise think is too unwholesome and report back here with what works and what doesn't. The more memetic of us (looks at Cram) could possibly come up with posters etc for us to circulate. Personally, I think it's the type of thing that is easier with a one on one convo, but anything that can be distributed en masse would, of course, be helpful.

Reminder to everyone, we do not have to be truthful, we do not have to be logical (unless that is what works in a given case). The only thing we gotta do is get Ferret Head the fuck out.

It's tough and a lot of what needs to be done just sucks. I had a convo the other day with a buddy that started with "You realize we have to vote for Biden, right?" and it felt so gross to say, I'm not a huge fan of "lesser of two evils" rhetoric, but luckily in this case, I was able to present the idea successfully.

My best argument so far is that RBG won't be around forever, and sitting this one out helps guarantee that Trump picks her replacement.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Also, you're not voting for Biden, you're voting THROUGH Biden.

IE, whomever he picks as his VP, because he isn't going to last long himself.
Molon Lube