Main Menu

So about these riots...

Started by altered, May 28, 2020, 07:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuspace

Quote from: Pergamos on June 04, 2020, 03:15:37 AM
Quote from: Juana on June 02, 2020, 06:08:40 PM
Pango said something similar.

Also, here's the SLCPD snitch line and they're soliciting videos of protestors. Or would be a terrible shame if we...misused them to anonymously upload bullshit

or report police officers.

Or people pretending to be police officers.

Freeky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNFOIz8jV00&feature=youtu.be

live from the front of the peaceful protest. i've been watching for a while. there's one woman who keeps demanding of one of the airmen look at the black men who walk up and down between the lines. they keep pulling the men who do acknowledge these men, looking them in the eyes and such, towards the back. very few cops at this point.

Junkenstein

Quote from: LuciferX on June 04, 2020, 03:26:34 AM

Also, here's the SLCPD snitch line and they're soliciting videos of protestors. Or would be a terrible shame if we...misused them to anonymously upload bullshit

It may also be useful for people to report themselves doing non violent peaceful shit. Clog it to fuck and break the court system for a year or so, possibly force mass amnesty. A few hundred people turning up at a police station demanding to confess their crimes causes problems.

Either completely reframe the narrative or join the fuck out of the one being pushed.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Freeky

military are ignoring curfew.

for the moment.

Junkenstein

Realistically, between the corona virus furloughs and lock downs, this is the best opportunity I've seen for Ketteling the police.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Freeky

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 04, 2020, 04:05:48 AM
Realistically, between the corona virus furloughs and lock downs, this is the best opportunity I've seen for Ketteling the police.

you're not wrong

Pergamos

How would we do that?

Doktor Howl

Interested.  Go on.
Molon Lube

Freeky

Doktor Howl

Utah National Guard are behaving themselves in DC, the crowd is reciprocating.  It's been pretty laid back.

Trump has to be shitting square bricks.  This isn't what he wanted.
Molon Lube

minuspace

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 04, 2020, 04:01:56 AM
Quote from: LuciferX on June 04, 2020, 03:26:34 AM

It may also be useful for people to report themselves doing non violent peaceful shit. Clog it to fuck and break the court system for a year or so, possibly force mass amnesty. A few hundred people turning up at a police station demanding to confess their crimes causes problems.

Either completely reframe the narrative or join the fuck out of the one being pushed.

The courts are also backlogged as fuck and all it would take is everyone demanding trial by jury to break it- not sure about escalating this to the point of suspending habeas corpus and how that would impact other exceptions

Bruno

People in my little podunk town are reporting very large, very low flying helicopters flying over the city, wondering if it was supposed to be some kind of show of force. As far as I know, we were not under any curfew tonight.
Formerly something else...

Bruno

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 04, 2020, 05:37:43 AM
Utah National Guard are behaving themselves in DC, the crowd is reciprocating.  It's been pretty laid back.

Trump has to be shitting square bricks.  This isn't what he wanted.

That is an interesting narrative that I'm not picking up from any other sources. Do you have any links that I could use to promote it?
Formerly something else...

LMNO

Do we think people are aware there's like a 70% chance the MO cops are going to be acquitted?

Historically, everything they did up until the moment of death could be considered in a court of law technically legal; and you know the defense isn't going to allow a majority of progressive or POC people on the jury.

Cramulus

Oh that's cool, federal agents in DC, with no badges and no obligation to identify themselves, are now acting as the DOJ's generic police force. And the DOJ claims they "don't know anything about" who ordered the units not to identify themselves, dismissed it as a conspiracy theory.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2020/06/who-are-they-unmarked-security-forces-dc-spark-fear/165892/

it's likely the DEA, DHS, and other agencies that have been asked to "pitch in" and do tasks outside of their agencies scope. This means that people with no training about how to deal with civil unrest are now at the front line. Because we don't know who they work for, we also don't know whether they have the right to arrest & detain people, or how exactly you seek legal remedy to whatever they do.