News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

So about these riots...

Started by altered, May 28, 2020, 07:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

so real question... are the protests more or less bottled up and suppressed, or is there just general agreement in the media not to cover them anymore?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

POFP

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on June 04, 2020, 08:12:57 PM
so real question... are the protests more or less bottled up and suppressed, or is there just general agreement in the media not to cover them anymore?

I'll be going to one with about 3k people on Sunday. I think the amount of people in them has dropped off over the last couple days, but I think it's going to ramp up again. I think a lot of the protesters protested many days in a row, and are taking a bit of a break, and then a large portion are worried about the curfews. Destruction of safety supplies and resources by the police probably doesn't help the turnout either.

So a little of the first one, but not sure about the second one. At least, that's the case in my area.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Juana

We might be in a lull, perhaps. Barr's little army is still occupying DC, if nothing else, and I'll be surprised if something doesn't kick off because of it.

Oh, and Trump is making the best fence around the White House even better: https://twitter.com/FitzFox5DC/status/1268590548467748864?s=19
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

LMNO

There have been small local protests every night in the Boston area.  Some are peaceful, and some have been attacked by the cops.

Cain

Pergamos

George Floyd's murderers have been appropriately charged, so that may take the wind out of some people's sails

Cain

Second-degree murder does seem appropriate, based on quick read.

Pergamos

Quote from: Cain on June 04, 2020, 09:55:30 PM

That's my take as well, the accomplices also being charged is also important.

Cain

True. That said, I think the protests are much larger than George Floyd now. The disproportionate response from the police - along with calls for mass killings from the Senate and Trump himself putting his face on opposition to the protests - has likely given it a momentum all of it's own by this point in time.

Juana

This is the band-aid (hopefully) coming off a centuries' old wound, I think, so yep.

Quote from: Cain on June 04, 2020, 09:48:53 PM

:lulz:

Quote from: Pergamos on June 04, 2020, 10:08:25 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 04, 2020, 09:55:30 PM

That's my take as well, the accomplices also being charged is also important.
Agreed. We're getting some other concessions - there's some of Minneapolis's city council discussing disbanding their PD and LA's mayor is moving $150m to assist Black communities.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

POFP

Anddd, just like that, confirmed reports of Anti-Freeze poisoning from donated medic waters in Columbus, OH. No one was killed, but now they can only take money donations, and have to order and stock the water themselves.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on June 04, 2020, 08:53:31 PM
We might be in a lull, perhaps. Barr's little army is still occupying DC, if nothing else, and I'll be surprised if something doesn't kick off because of it.

Oh, and Trump is making the best fence around the White House even better: https://twitter.com/FitzFox5DC/status/1268590548467748864?s=19

Imagine the president having to bunker in.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

minuspace

Quote from: Cain on June 04, 2020, 09:48:53 PM

:lulz:
"Let me see that "badge"... wait a second (*whips out glowstick*) that there says...'lifetime member?'"

Juana

Quote from: PoFP on June 04, 2020, 11:46:37 PM
Anddd, just like that, confirmed reports of Anti-Freeze poisoning from donated medic waters in Columbus, OH. No one was killed, but now they can only take money donations, and have to order and stock the water themselves.
Holy shit

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on June 05, 2020, 03:36:43 AM
Quote from: PoFP on June 04, 2020, 11:46:37 PM
Holy shit

There

is

no

bottom
Molon Lube