News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

So about these riots...

Started by altered, May 28, 2020, 07:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

Quote from: Cain on August 28, 2020, 11:26:41 AM
So basically he's fucked unless some Trumpist judge gets a hold of the case. That's good to hear.

What worries me more is the outright glee with which his actions are being defended by the "mainstreamers" of Neo-Nazi bullshit into acceptable rightwing discourse. Most notably Tucker Carlson, of course, but also a whole host of lesser known, if no less influential, online pundits. Once they're able to justify straight-up travelling to murder protestors...well, we know where that leads.

Word in the meme badlands is justifying the murders because "someone threw a molotov at him" so he gunned him down, and that the other two people he killed were in self defense after he tripped and was getting mobbed.

So he's a vigilante hero that was defending his community and private property against the "DidNuffinsWrong" that "want anarchy" and "is ironic they called the police on him, since they want to defund it".

Nevermind the underage illegal possession of a weapon and crossing state lines and the incitement to violence.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

And of course that a molotov wasn't thrown at him and that he was only attacked after shooting a guy first and that you cannot claim self-defence if you are committing a crime, such as carrying an illegal weapon.

Bruno

That "molotov" looked more like a plastic shopping bag to me. Judging from the way it flew, whatever was in it couldn't have weighed much more than a pack of cigarettes.
Formerly something else...

POFP

Quote from: Bruno on August 28, 2020, 02:58:39 PM
That "molotov" looked more like a plastic shopping bag to me. Judging from the way it flew, whatever was in it couldn't have weighed much more than a pack of cigarettes.

You are correct. It was confirmed to be a Plastic Bag based on some court documents. The only source I found on this fact was from a Right-Wing News source, ironically. The bag, if I recall, had a Water Bottle or something in it.

But if you watch all the relevant videos, you can see Rosenbaum (the kid that got shot in the head) was carrying around a Plastic Bag with a bottle in it leading up to the skirmish. It's suspected that the video that makes it look like it was a Molotov was an edited copy of the video, or at the very least, that other video perspectives confirmed that it was a bag and that that specific video was merely skewed by lighting effects from the lit sign from the car-lot business in the backdrop.

The argument that they're making now is that a first warning shot from someone with a handgun at the edge of the parking lot was fired into the air right after the bag was thrown and the skirmish started, and that that's what caused Kyle to shoot the kid in front of him. But the shot was fired like 30+Yards off from the skirmish and it was in the opposite direction Kyle and Rosenbaum were facing. Kyle could clearly see that Rosenbaum didn't have a weapon because he was right in front of him and trying to grab his gun away from him. It was also fired several seconds before Kyle's shots were fired, so you couldn't even make a "Oopsy I bumped the trigger" argument.

This shit falls apart with even the slightest bit of scrutiny. Apparently some big-whig Law firm is going to try to defend him, but it sounds like they're using the Self-Defense argument, which falls apart because Felonies are statutory Self-Defense Disqualifiers.

Unfortunately, this won't change the right-wing's mind about it at all because their argument is that there should be no regulation of the guns in the first place, so in their perfect ideal world, he's innocent anyways.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Doktor Howl

So basically he's fucked unless some Trumpist judge gets a hold of the case. That's good to hear.

What worries me more is the outright glee with which his actions are being defended by the "mainstreamers" of Neo-Nazi bullshit into acceptable rightwing discourse. Most notably Tucker Carlson, of course, but also a whole host of lesser known, if no less influential, online pundits. Once they're able to justify straight-up travelling to murder protestors...well, we know where that leads.

Well, we'll see what happens to that attitude when the next obvious thing happens and some boogs get assassinated.
Molon Lube

Pergamos

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 28, 2020, 05:24:35 PM

Well, we'll see what happens to that attitude when the next obvious thing happens and some boogs get assassinated.

Or some cops

altered

If cops get killed by leftist protestors, it's game over. That's so astoundingly stupid that any leftist I know, even the astoundingly stupid ones, would call it astoundingly stupid.

If the cops decide to play hard, it'll be more like Vietnam, except without the guns and foreign military support on the communist side. Just burning cities and butchered innocents. You fucking idiot.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Bruno

Which is exactly why alt-right accelerationists are targeting cops. They're hoping the left will get blamed.

Honestly, the fact that this hasn't worked, and the people who matter are acknowledging the true culprits has been a pleasant surprise.

Bruno

This shit right here, on the other hand, comes as no surprise at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/28/portland-violence-far-right-protests-police?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard&fbclid=IwAR1bSQLsfkNNDZZ5sCcC08L9uTUwgpkxpNMopmVI4aBcWffynXFQ1JVAUZY

If we get 4 more years of trump these people will be on every street corner, calling all the shots and charging for "protection money".

The Johnny

Quote from: Bruno on August 29, 2020, 02:24:17 PM
This shit right here, on the other hand, comes as no surprise at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/28/portland-violence-far-right-protests-police?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard&fbclid=IwAR1bSQLsfkNNDZZ5sCcC08L9uTUwgpkxpNMopmVI4aBcWffynXFQ1JVAUZY

If we get 4 more years of trump these people will be on every street corner, calling all the shots and charging for "protection money".

QuoteJames Buchal, chair of the Multnomah county Republican party, wrote in an email that "as Republicans, we condemn the cowardly and totalitarian attacks on the pro-police demonstrators" by leftist demonstrators.

ZZZ
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 28, 2020, 05:24:35 PM

The way I see it going, there are two likely next bits of escalation. The first is this happens again, only this time an adjacent idiot also starts shooting in the same direction. First follower thinking kicks in and you're looking at a firing squad.

The second, is this happens again, only the initial shooter is also shot. Now you've got your own martyr. Idiocy ensues.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Looks like this might have happened already in Oregon last night. "Someone wearing a MAGA hat" was shot, if we are to believe the dubious reportings of various online shills.

Junkenstein

BBC just reporting similar, patriot prayer/Pro police goon dead apparently.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

MMIX

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 30, 2020, 05:46:43 PM
BBC just reporting similar, patriot prayer/Pro police goon dead apparently.

Seems odd that he still hasn't been identified. He supposedly had a someone with him who was being restrained by the police. Strange . . .
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cain

Portland police haven't been very forthcoming on a motive/perpetrator front, which makes me think it's not obviously involved with the protests.