News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on August 20, 2023, 04:26:26 PM
First week at the new place! They might be fucking me on taxes but otherwise looking good. Had some time and energy to do some flyering, including putting Two Weeks up at the intersection in front of my old job, because I am a petty bitch sometimes always.
Good.

On the jobs front, I'm actually considering working at Google.

Yeah.

It's the only place that has true-remote positions right now.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

I have apparently been told I'm blocked from the PD(dot)Com facebook page, which I had never heard of am not interested in.

That will show me!

:lulz:
Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 26, 2023, 07:54:48 PM
I have apparently been told I'm blocked from the PD(dot)Com facebook page, which I had never heard of am not interested in.

That will show me!

Do they think that's like a coup?
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on August 26, 2023, 07:55:47 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 26, 2023, 07:54:48 PM

That will show me!

Do they think that's like a coup?

I have no idea what they think.  Maybe they just have a low buzzing noise in their heads.
Molon Lube

Faust

Peincipiadiscordia.com specifically. I'm not sure who manages that because it's not affiliated.

Let me know if they ever cause trouble
Sleepless nights at the chateau

altered

In fairness, Dok, it can be very fun and rewarding to have nothing in your head but a 23Hz drone. Or so I'm told.

chaotic neutral observer

The screaming in my head is around 17 or 18 kHz, and it's not alone.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on August 28, 2023, 03:34:42 AM
The screaming in my head is around 17 or 18 kHz, and it's not alone.

My brain is full of the THX logo sound, but tuned two octaves lower.

Scribbly

Over the past few weeks (not necessarily in order because I honestly don't remember the timeline)...

I met my landlord for the first time. He made a homophobic remark, complained about his washing machine being broken and my decor, then arranged an inspection to measure the place up and create floorplans. So. Looking forward to the eviction notice.

My Dad was told he is dying within the next 2-5 years and it's not going to be in a good way. He is not handling it well. Understandably.

Close friend of mine has been scammed out of £700 they could not afford to lose.

The CEO of my business has announced they intend to replace my role with AI within the next 3-5 years. I'm expected to help the project team work on the large language model that will replace me starting in a month. Though this is stressful, it is also the one situation which has an opportunity to be fun.

Every customer I deal with has had some kind of horrific crisis. Most self-inflicted but being made our problem.

And then I got covid.

Interspersed with the usual frustrations about healthcare being completely inaccessible, having to talk people down from hurting themselves and continuing to deal with the fallout of the charity collapse.

I am so, so tired.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

QuestionsTheSoil

Time is going by too fast. I'm about to turn 20 and have fuck all to show for it, Summer decided to fly by, and I have no idea what my next move in life is.
I really don't want to be stuck at this supermarket janitorial job until I die.
I guess not everyone gets to have fun, though. Somebody's life has to be a boring shithole.
And transes aren't allowed to be happy anyway
Lunatic Zoomer Garbage and Unholy Androgyne
I have questions that can be answered with bottles of teeth
I sift through the broken ideas of the anomalous subconscious

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: QuestionsTheSoil on August 30, 2023, 05:05:12 AM
Time is going by too fast. I'm about to turn 20 and have fuck all to show for it, Summer decided to fly by, and I have no idea what my next move in life is.
I guess not everyone gets to have fun, though. Somebody's life has to be a boring shithole.

Defining yourself by what you do for money is your first mistake.

Doktor Howl

I just got over influenza A and boy are my guts tired.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 31, 2023, 05:05:27 AM
I just got over influenza A and boy are my guts tired.

Glad you're feeling less shitty

altered

I'm juggling too much shit.

Gluten-free diet, relearning how to prepare foods that don't come in pre-packaged forms, finally have pans that won't hold gluten because no one else will be (no one else had BETTER BE) using them, building a small database of recipes I can prep myself (thinking about shepherd's pie, but with corned beef and frozen-section roast beef since I can't handle raw meat until my fingers stop bleeding, and replacing the gluten-containing gravy with a mixture of bone broth and queso), trying to visit a crush of mine and a friend of mine because it's cheaper that way, trying to get healthcare back (no luck so far...), etc, etc, etc...

I cannot be trying to quit smoking again right now, absolutely not, but I'm zeroed out. Also, I need to come up with 100 dollars for unrelated reasons that relate to maintaining housing and sanity. (If I explained this one, you probably wouldn't believe me, but suffice to say: Wisconsin is currently a better bet for me than Chicago.)

And because of Elon Musk, crowdfunding has all dried up. I'm this || close to being able to hit self-sufficiency, and I have made actual strides toward it. I cook my own food! I wanted a little treat and I had a tiny bit of money for it but realized I had butter and generic gluten-free rice krispies cereal and marshmallows and I made myself a little treat INSTEAD! I'm capable of trading energy in to save money now, where I wasn't before!

But one manbaby's ego has made it so I can't make it the rest of the way up. Well, okay, there's that and the nature of our capitalist hellscape in general, plus the unique awfulness of USAian healthcare, etc, etc, but I would be able to just say "fuck you" to all of that and muscle through... if.

QuestionsTheSoil

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on August 31, 2023, 12:26:07 AM
Quote from: QuestionsTheSoil on August 30, 2023, 05:05:12 AM

Defining yourself by what you do for money is your first mistake.
I mean yeah, but it takes up most of my time and pretty much dictates how I live, so it really defines my life at the moment.
The American Dream, baby.
Lunatic Zoomer Garbage and Unholy Androgyne
I have questions that can be answered with bottles of teeth
I sift through the broken ideas of the anomalous subconscious