News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only

Started by Junkenstein, July 09, 2020, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: QuestionsTheSoil on September 04, 2023, 02:34:03 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on August 31, 2023, 12:26:07 AM
Quote from: QuestionsTheSoil on August 30, 2023, 05:05:12 AM
Time is going by too fast. I'm about to turn 20 and have fuck all to show for it, Summer decided to fly by, and I have no idea what my next move in life is.
I really don't want to be stuck at this supermarket janitorial job until I die.
I guess not everyone gets to have fun, though. Somebody's life has to be a boring shithole.
And transes aren't allowed to be happy anyway

Defining yourself by what you do for money is your first mistake.
I mean yeah, but it takes up most of my time and pretty much dictates how I live, so it really defines my life at the moment.
The American Dream, baby.

I know folks in janitorial jobs who have great work/life balance and are extremely happy with their careers. What is it about your current gig that's preventing you from having that?

QuestionsTheSoil

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 05, 2023, 02:50:14 AM
Quote from: QuestionsTheSoil on September 04, 2023, 02:34:03 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on August 31, 2023, 12:26:07 AM
Quote from: QuestionsTheSoil on August 30, 2023, 05:05:12 AM
Time is going by too fast. I'm about to turn 20 and have fuck all to show for it, Summer decided to fly by, and I have no idea what my next move in life is.
I really don't want to be stuck at this supermarket janitorial job until I die.
I guess not everyone gets to have fun, though. Somebody's life has to be a boring shithole.
And transes aren't allowed to be happy anyway

Defining yourself by what you do for money is your first mistake.
I mean yeah, but it takes up most of my time and pretty much dictates how I live, so it really defines my life at the moment.
The American Dream, baby.

I know folks in janitorial jobs who have great work/life balance and are extremely happy with their careers. What is it about your current gig that's preventing you from having that?
It's for Whole Foods, who is owned by the #1 company in Soul Crushing. Customers there also treat you like shit. I feel like I'm about to snap about every god damn minute.
Lunatic Zoomer Garbage and Unholy Androgyne
I have questions that can be answered with bottles of teeth
I sift through the broken ideas of the anomalous subconscious

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: QuestionsTheSoil on September 05, 2023, 10:40:09 PM

It's for Whole Foods, who is owned by the #1 company in Soul Crushing. Customers there also treat you like shit. I feel like I'm about to snap about every god damn minute.

Ah, yeah that blows some serious chunks.

altered

End of the fucking line again.

I was spending so much time focusing on climbing out of the hole I live in that I didn't notice the ground crumbling under my FUCKING FEET.

No income. No rent means no housing. No good money and SNAP actively fucking me over means I will not have food anymore either real soon. I am so fucking tired of struggling for nothing, of fighting so fucking hard and making progress and having EVERYTHING TAKEN FROM ME yet the fuck again. I'm 33 and i have NOTHING
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

QuestionsTheSoil

I used to be creative. I used to be bright. I used to have a FUTURE.
Is this what getting older feels like?
Maybe it's the medication, I've felt off since I've taken it. Or maybe that's just a shitty reason I'm using to cope with the fact that my brain is losing value, slowing down, going numb.
Maybe I'm just depressed because the world sucks, idk.
My mind is either uselessly racing or slow and numb.
I was supposed to get a psych, but they're expensive as hell and I was denied telehealth shit, so that's shit. Great.
Lunatic Zoomer Garbage and Unholy Androgyne
I have questions that can be answered with bottles of teeth
I sift through the broken ideas of the anomalous subconscious

LMNO

Hey y'all,

Still here.  Still a cook.  Still a drummer. Still married. Still queer.  Still not talking or writing very much.

Still happy.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on September 11, 2023, 09:18:29 PM
Hey y'all,

Still here.  Still a cook.  Still a drummer. Still married. Still queer.  Still not talking or writing very much.

Still happy.

Still here.  Still doing questionable shit for bad people.  Still married.  Still writing, under a different name, at a different place (solely due to lack of anyone being here).  Still full of rage.

Still happy, here at the end of all things.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: QuestionsTheSoil on September 10, 2023, 12:18:42 AM
I used to be creative. I used to be bright. I used to have a FUTURE.

Sorry, there is no future left.  My generation and the one before mine used it all up.  Sorry about that.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 15, 2023, 07:31:26 PM
Sorry, there is no future left.  My generation and the one before mine used it all up.  Sorry about that.

It's the middle of September, and Saskatchewan is still getting air quality warnings because of smoke from wildfires.

After this summer, I'm surprised there's anything left to burn.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on September 15, 2023, 11:19:04 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 15, 2023, 07:31:26 PM

It's the middle of September, and Saskatchewan is still getting air quality warnings because of smoke from wildfires.

After this summer, I'm surprised there's anything left to burn.

There's always more Canada.
Molon Lube

Scribbly

It has been at least 4 weeks since the bout with covid started.

Housemate and I are still fucked by it. Whenever we think we're turning the corner a few days later it goes right back to the start.

I have tried to get an appointment with the doctor countless times, it is impossible. Call in the morning, get told there's too many people calling to even get put in a queue, get disconnected. Call in the afternoon, get told you can't have an appointment because you need to call in the morning.

And calling in the morning is so hard when all I want to do is sleep.

So as far as I can tell, I just don't get healthcare any more.

Love to live on Plague Island.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Cain

Turns out making all the doctors and nurses flee to Canada and Australia and then making our immigration system so impossibly frustrating and difficult that no-one wants to come here was not a winning strategy. Who knew?

Try and keep well the best you can, though. I'm sure you've heard it before and know what to do, but fluids and rest, rest and fluids. 4 weeks is quite the ass-kicking, so hopefully it passes soon.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Cain on September 27, 2023, 09:57:40 PM
Turns out making all the doctors and nurses flee to Canada and Australia [...]was not a winning strategy.

Send more, please.  We still have a shortage.

Tell them Saskatchewan really isn't as bad as the right-wing regressive provincial government and technically uninhabitable climate might make it seem.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Cain

Honestly sounds like the UK except it is as bad as it seems, and possibly even worse than that.

Bruno

So apparently they're "vaccinating the meat supply", now.

This, of course, means the Purebloods will have to choose between either becoming vegan, or start eating each other.

Formerly something else...