News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

SWAT

Started by Ben, February 01, 2005, 03:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

You know, I wish the U.S. would just cut that Iraq shit out.  Just saying.

Rev Thwack

yea, that will happen.

well, maby once the oil runs out.
My balls itch...

Cain

Im sure most people do.

Ben

Well, their veins do bleed oil, but still, can't we attack the moon instead?

East Coast Hustle

Iraq is all bullshit anyway.

Keep your eyes firmly on Iran if you wanna see the real action.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Ben

The world is a fool.

East Coast Hustle

the world is not a fool, you are.

as am I, and every other sentient son-of-a-bitch out there.

the world is a sage.

just saying.

8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell

I'm playing Bingo with a map of the Middle East. If the U.S. does decide to invade Iran, I totally win a crockpot.
Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli, G.G.L.F., C.L.F., L.F.L.F., R.M.S.T.A., R.P.C.V., N.C.c., T.R.R.R., W.I.T.C.H., W.P.P., V.P.D.F.Y.S., S.C.U.M., I.G.R.S.A.F.D.S.K.S.K.J.J.J.S.Y.Y.D.F.D.K.D.S.F.K.S.D.K.J.L.K.F.G.K.S.D.G.G.J.R.J.S.T.S and other various divisions of the Maude Senger cabal of the Pantheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric, and President for Life of the Holy Empire of Ayatollah Discordiolla

img]http://www.dontyouwantmebaby.com/fark/bond_077_hasselhoff_animate.gif[/img]

Zurtok Khan

Fonz, you ARE a crackpot.

The way I see it is that Bush is already in his second term, so he isn't worried about being ousted, which means that in the next year we'll see Evidence(TM) that suggests Iran is helping terrorist organizations.  Of course, they most certainly are, but I think they have a good reason to defend their own soverienty.

What can I say, I like their brutal dictator then I like our own dicktator.  At least they don't lie to us, they do what they're gonna do, and you get over it.

100 years = China is on top of Global Economy, U.S. is a backwater conglomeration with too much polution and a population that is unsure of what to do since their economy has crashed.  Damn, I really need to move to Canada or England.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

Cain

But we know Iran supports terrorism (ETA, Hezbollah, IRA)

East Coast Hustle

from the points of view of several other countries, the USA supports or has supported terrorism, most notably in El Salvador, Nicaragua, and Colombia (the government-backed paramilitaries are just as bad as FARC, and we're giving the Colombian Govt. all the cash for that secret little jungle war). Makes it hard to pass judgement on Iran for taking actions that they deem necessary to maintaining their sovereignty, especially when they've had various powers challenging their sovereignty for the last 3000 years or so, most of whom, incidentally, have been spectacularly unsuccessful in taking control of Persia/Iran/ whatever...

8)

Cain

Oh I know that, Im not trying to defend any position on this.  Im just saying it is common knowledge that Iran supports terrorism, thereby making it a more legitimate target is some eyes.

East Coast Hustle

the only thing that legitimizes them as a target is their nuclear weapons program. The one point on which I find myself in agreement with the neocon warhawks is that countries whose interests run contrary to our own who pursue the acquisition of nuclear weapons should be dealt with immediately and as harshly as warranted to ensure the complete and total eradication of their nuke program. that said, we've probably already let our window of opportunity for dealing with the Iranian nuke program in a realistic and achievable manner slide by...we could conduct bombing raids and insert some SpecOps teams to hit key sites, but there's no guarantee that they don't have sprawling complexes under the desert that we don't even know about, and if that's the case, such an action would only serve to provoke them. Invading them with a conventional army is not only foolish, but most likely suicidal on a scale not seen since we charged the beaches at Normandy (but without the eventual success or the cooperation of other countries).

8)

gnimbley

Quote from: GOAT... but there's no guarantee that they don't have sprawling complexes under the desert that we don't even know about,
that sounds familiar...

Quote from: GOATbut most likely suicidal on a scale not seen since we charged the beaches at Normandy
I am sorry. This response is not allowed. Invoking allusion to WWII
on PrincipiaDiscordia.com is copyrighted by the

[echo chamber]Voice of Truth[/echo chamber]

and is not premitted within the confines of a political discussion
without payment of royalties and a certified letter of compliance.

Please punish yourself.

8)

Bob the Mediocre

Quote from: Mahatma Zurtok100 years = China is on top of Global Economy, U.S. is a backwater conglomeration with too much polution and a population that is unsure of what to do since their economy has crashed.

Possibly. All I know is if the economy really starts tanking, I'm outa here. Mass unemployment/unrest + Bush and his pupetmasters or worse people in control = Very scary. I mean, Hitler was a dumbass and an ex-con when Germany's economic problems really hit. Economic hopelessness can lead to very irrational thinking.
"we are building a religion
we are making a brand
we're the only ones to turn to when your castles turn to sand
take a bite of this apple
mister corporate events
take a walk through the jungle
of cardboard shanties and tents
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke
the wacky morning dj says democracy's a joke
he says now do you believe in the one big song
he is now accepting callers who would like to sing along"

I AM A COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING IDIOT!