News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

How to Survive Camping

Started by Suu, October 20, 2022, 01:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

This is a series of creepyposts on Reddit that's a few years old, but it's pretty much what it's like camping in Rhode Island over the summer or just Tucson on a Tuesday. The bottom of the post links to the next one. 100% worth the read.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/clp5h4/how_to_survive_camping/
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

chaotic neutral observer

Thanks for posting that, it's a good read.

Quote from: Kate, Campground Manager
This is why I liked the old sheriff. He took care of things. While I relied on rituals and appeasements, he believed in assault rifles and gasoline. And sure, gunfire isn't going to kill everything - or most things, if we're being honest - but nothing, human or otherwise, likes being shot. It'd knock a lot of things down and after that, well, that's what the gasoline is for.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Suu

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on October 23, 2022, 05:09:22 PM
Thanks for posting that, it's a good read.

Quote from: Kate, Campground Manager
This is why I liked the old sheriff. He took care of things. While I relied on rituals and appeasements, he believed in assault rifles and gasoline. And sure, gunfire isn't going to kill everything - or most things, if we're being honest - but nothing, human or otherwise, likes being shot. It'd knock a lot of things down and after that, well, that's what the gasoline is for.

I'm 90% sure Kate is related to Dok Howl with her penchant for storytelling.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."