News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

Official Discordian Document Number Generator

Started by ein Gefrorener Würfel, December 03, 2023, 10:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ein Gefrorener Würfel

Hi Comrades,

Recently I needed an Official Discordian Document Number, but I couldn't find my android app. So, I wrote a new generator. This time it is pure HTML/JavaScript so you can all use it.
Find it here:
https://odd.keks.li/
Find the source code here:
https://github.com/0x1cedd1ce/UODD

If you have ideas for improvement or see problems please speak up.
The Updated Document Numbers have some lore which I might publish later.

I'm not a robot

Brother Mythos

Welcome to the forum.

I know next to nothing about the Official Discordian Document Numbering System. But, it appears you have put a great deal of effort into the development of your number generator. So, I am definitely interested in reading about the lore behind your system.

Hail Eris!
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

ein Gefrorener Würfel

I have some updates to the rules for the old system:

Some much needed updates to the Official Discordian Document Numbering System (ODD# III(b)/4,i;18Afm3135):<br />1. Replace "POEE" with "Discordian Community".<br />2. Set III) A. to: "Office of My High Reverence, Me".<br />3. The Houses can be enumerated in any number system.<br />4. Similarly, the subdivisions can be enlettered in any Alphabet. Recomendet is the usage of multiple.<br />5. Teh date can no should be written as "Taktische Zeit". An explanation is omitted in Appendix A.<br />6. Dividers can vary.<br />7. The prefix is changed to "ODD#:" to avoid mix-up.<br />8. It is no longer allowed to write numbers backwards.<br />9. Flowers are nice. (Sketch of a flower)<br />10. If you multiply the Holy Number by two you will get the number of rules.<br />11. Spaces are no longer considered dividers.<br />12. Hours and Minutes can be omitted.<br />ODD#: 三:א;४.Ⴄ;39Afm3189

Couldn't find a way to upload the image, also alt text doesn't show as a tool tip and there isn't a spoiler tag. So I will just dump it here:
Some much needed updates to the Official Discordian Document Numbering System (ODD# III(b)/4,i;18Afm3135):
1. Replace "POEE" with "Discordian Community".
2. Set III) A. to: "Office of My High Reverence, Me".
3. The Houses can be enumerated in any number system.
4. Similarly, the subdivisions can be enlettered in any Alphabet. Recomendet is the usage of multiple.
5. Teh date can no should be written as "Taktische Zeit". An explanation is omitted in Appendix A.
6. Dividers can vary.
7. The prefix is changed to "ODD#:" to avoid mix-up.
8. It is no longer allowed to write numbers backwards.
9. Flowers are nice. (Sketch of a flower)
10. If you multiply the Holy Number by two you will get the number of rules.
11. Spaces are no longer considered dividers.
12. Hours and Minutes can be omitted.
ODD#: 三:א;४.Ⴄ;39Afm3189

If you have any additions or complaints, please voice them. I know there are some spelling errors, but I didn't want to change the original.