Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

No, It's Not an Article On "The Onion."

Started by Brother Mythos, January 14, 2024, 02:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Mythos

"Donald Trump Thanking Ex-Hitman 'Sammy the Bull' Raises Eyebrows"

As per this article:

"Former President Donald Trump thanked ex-hitman Salvatore Gravano on Saturday for speaking highly of him, which has raised eyebrows on social media.

Gravano, also known as "Sammy the Bull," was an underboss for the Gambino crime family in New York City and worked with the United States government as an informant to take down mob boss John Gotti in the early 1990s. Gravano, who confessed to his involvement in 19 murders, was released from prison in 2017 after being sentenced to 20 years for running an ecstasy ring in Arizona."

Now, if I ever do need a "character witness," it would never occur to me to ask for, and/or use an endorsement from any of the following:

1. A hitman, still employed, self-employed, or retired
2. A mafia underboss, still employed, or retired
3. An opportunistic mob informant, still employed, self-employed, or retired
4. A drug kingpin, still employed, self-employed, or retired
5. Any and all combinations of the above

Now, it is true that, under some circumstances, I just might consider using an endorsement from an ex-witness protection program client. But, still ...

Here's a link:      TFG Thanks Dubious "Character Witness"
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Brother Mythos

"Mike Lee Says Americans Can Oppose 'Lawlessness' by Voting for Criminally Indicted Trump"

No, this really isn't an article from The Onion.

As per this article:

Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) said Americans can score a victory for law and order by voting for former President Donald Trump, who is facing 91 criminal counts in four cases.

Lee appeared on Friday's installment of The Ingraham Angle on Fox News, where Laura Ingraham teased an announcement from the senator.

"Senator, I understand that you've decided whom you're going to endorse in the Republican primary," she said. "Are you going to share it with us tonight?"

"Yeah, I have made that decision," he replied. "The American people have a choice to make. In this circumstance, they have a rare, historically unusual chance to choose between two presidents. They have a chance to choose between order and lawlessness. They have an opportunity to choose between putting America first or America last.""

I wonder if The RepublicultTM will be serving more Kool-Aid at the entrances to the polling places.

Here's the link:   Senator Endorse's "Law and Order Candidate"

Brother Mythos

"Florida Man Facing 91 Criminal Counts Wins Iowa Caucuses"

"Donald Trump crushed his Republican rivals."

As per this article:

"Donald Trump just accomplished something he wasn't able to do in 2016—he won the Iowa caucuses. Not long after precinct sites opened Monday night, the networks called the first-in-the-nation GOP race for the former president, who appeared to be cruising to a dominant victory over rivals Ron DeSantis and Nikki Haley."

I wish I could write that this was unbelievable. But, it is today's 'Merica.

Here's the link:   The Republicult™ Chose Candidate Facing 91 Criminal Counts in Iowa

Brother Mythos

"Trump's closing argument to New Hampshire: Presidents must be able to commit crimes"

As per this article:

"The president of the United States, Trump told Hannity, "has to have immunity."

"If you take immunity away from the president—so important—you will have a president that's not going to be able to do anything," Trump stressed. "Because when he leaves office, the opposing party—president, if it's the opposing party—will indict the president for doing something that should have been good."

And by something "good," Trump presumably means something like incite a violent riot at the Capitol to interrupt the country's 200-year history of a peaceful transfer of power."

I guess being a criminal defendant, not to mention being a serial civil defendant, can be really tough, even for someone who was once the POTUS.

Here's the link:   Defendant Says POTUS Has to Have Immunity

Brother Mythos

"Snakes: The new, high-protein superfood"

"Pythons are a low-emission, climate-resilient food source, converting feed to protein better than chickens or cattle, new research has found."

As per this article:

"Farmed pythons may offer a sustainable and efficient new form of livestock to boost food security, according to new research from Macquarie University.

A study in two Southeast Asian commercial python farms led by Honorary Research Fellow Dr Daniel Natusch from the School of Natural Sciences, found pythons convert feed into weight gain remarkably efficiently compared with conventional livestock such as chickens and cattle.

"In terms of food and protein conversion ratios, pythons outperform all mainstream agricultural species studied to date," Dr Natusch says.

"We found pythons grew rapidly to reach 'slaughter weight' within their first year after hatching."

Snake meat is white and very high in protein, Dr Natusch says."

Well ... okay ... but, I do have some questions. First of all, what was the old high-protein superfood? Do python farmers/ranchers brand their livestock? And, how do the PETA people feel about this whole python farming/ranching thing? And, most importantly, is it true that python tastes like chicken? And, how is python served anyway? Will Python McNuggets® be on the menu? Will a special sauce be concocted just for python? Will wearing python leather boots then be considered "Green Fashion", or even become haute couture? I could go on, but you get the idea.

Here's the link to this article:      Snakes: The New, High-protein Superfood

ein Gefrorener Würfel

Here is the link to the scientific study behind this:
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-024-54874-4.pdf

Python meat consists of 51% Proteins and you have to feed them just 2.4 times of this amount of protein (they don't eat plants so you would have to consider the amount of protein you had to feed to the animals you feed to your pythons). This is better than Beef (for 83g protein in feed (only plants) 1g protein in beef).

An interesting part is that snakes don't spend so much of their energy on heat production/controll, so the meat producer can substitute this with other forms of energy like electricity generated from the sun.

But of course, compared to Plants...(1g of plant protein is 1g of protein for us)

Brother Mythos

"Tennessee Moves to Classify 'Vaccine Lettuce' as a Drug"

As per this article:

"A bill that would classify as a drug certain foods with vaccine materials added to them was passed by the Tennessee Senate and now awaits Governor Bill Lee's signature into law amid concerns about research on putting immunity boosters into lettuce.

The proposed law, HB 1894, was passed in a 23-6 Senate vote last Thursday after getting the House's green light in a 73-22 vote in early March.

It would classify any food that "contains a vaccine or vaccine material" as a drug under Tennessee law, meaning the food would have to be labeled accordingly. The bill defines vaccine material as a substance intended to "stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against disease."

The legislation would not ban vaccine-imbued foods from being sold in the state but would require them to carry the same sort of medical labeling as injectable vaccines or medications."

Having never seen any 'Vaccine Lettuce' in any of my local grocery stores, I didn't even know it was a thing. And, as per this article, it isn't a thing yet. Now, some might say that the politicians of Tennessee are farsighted. And, by that I mean really, really farsighted. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure those guys have much more important things to worry about at the present time.

Here's the link to this article:      'Vaccine Lettuce' Law Pending Approval