News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

It makes me sad and happy . . .

Started by Wishfarple, February 14, 2005, 05:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wishfarple

. . .to come back and see that the things that bothered the hell out of me are still going on.  

That the board won't ever completely shut up about politics, and praise Eris.  
That the board won't ever be free of trolls, and praise Eris.
The board won't ever be free of self-aggrandizing nadwipes, and praise Eris.

. . .to discover that I can go from being a weinery "Anarchy r00lz, LOL!" idiot to idolizing Roger to agreeing with St Hugh to somewhere else entirely in the space of a year, and that every time I leave and come back there are new things to break my heart and mend it.  

That Roger's going through a bad time and catching shit for it, and praise Eris.
That aini's getting preached at again, and praise Eris.
That Turd's gone (more) militant, and praise Eris.

. . .to realize that I still don't know how to end one of these.  I can't wrap this all up neatly.  There's no ending.
His Right Most Honorable Super Hella Reverend Llama Wishfart Rinpoche of the Church of Ed Gein (Deceased),
Temple of Cleveland

Cain

Praise the Goddess and pass the semtex!

Hoshiko

1. Of course they are. Nothing left but you.

2. All of your examples = Praise Eris.

3. Minor disturbances. This is a playground. You get what you put in, because ultimately, it's nothing but a sandbox filled with metal bars.

Rule for everything: If it doesn't work right, keep shaking it.
Making people sorry they asked since 1983.

She got the speakers in the trunk
With the bass on crunk.

Wishfarple

To hijack your metaphor, yes, it is a playground and that's why I feel the need to take my ball and go home every once in a while.  Mom made peanut butter sandwiches and has Neosporin for my scrapes.
His Right Most Honorable Super Hella Reverend Llama Wishfart Rinpoche of the Church of Ed Gein (Deceased),
Temple of Cleveland

Horab Fibslager

yeah i know i'm an egomaniac on the outside, but on the inside i'm disgustingly humble.

as for roger, i don't know about his personal situation, but mine has quickly gone from the shtis to the fuckin sewer and ya don't see me.. well whatever.

eris be praise the fuckin bitch...

(and in case anyone is wondering, yeah i'm asking for it with that last line)
Hell is other people.

Cain

When she logs on, you are going to get hell from her, Horab!

Hoshiko

True.

But then, you come back with your peanut butter and bandaids and complain because the same game is going on, but you missed a bit of it. With the added bonus of not offering to share your sandwiches.

Complain is too harsh of a term, because I don't get the usual "OMG you guyz, stop!" tone that usually accompanies threads like this. More like... bewildered dissatisfaction.

However, my point remains. You either jump in and add something to the game and make it your own like usual, or you remain discontent on the sidelines.

With the bass on crunk.

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: horab the impaleryeah i know i'm an egomaniac on the outside, but on the inside i'm disgustingly humble.

as for roger, i don't know about his personal situation, but mine has quickly gone from the shtis to the fuckin sewer and ya don't see me.. well whatever.

eris be praise the fuckin bitch...

(and in case anyone is wondering, yeah i'm asking for it with that last line)
What exactly are you asking for, a beating with a rubber chickien?
::THWACK!!::

Feel better now?  Or does the naughty boy need a spanking :twisted:

Wishfarple

Quote from: HoshikoTrue.

But then, you come back with your peanut butter and bandaids and complain because the same game is going on, but you missed a bit of it. With the added bonus of not offering to share your sandwiches.

Complain is too harsh of a term, because I don't get the usual "OMG you guyz, stop!" tone that usually accompanies threads like this. More like... bewildered dissatisfaction.

However, my point remains. You either jump in and add something to the game and make it your own like usual, or you remain discontent on the sidelines.

I must be a lousy writer, because that's not really what I was trying to express.  Well, it is, but take off the "dissatisfaction" and you've got it.  I can see where that extra modifier would come from though, since I am in a shitty mood today thanks to rain and VD.  

You're right, though, this is adding nothing of substance.
Temple of Cleveland

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Wizzle Fo Shizzle. . .to come back and see that the things that bothered the hell out of me are still going on.  

That the board won't ever completely shut up about politics, and praise Eris.  
That the board won't ever be free of trolls, and praise Eris.
The board won't ever be free of self-aggrandizing nadwipes, and praise Eris.

. . .to discover that I can go from being a weinery "Anarchy r00lz, LOL!" idiot to idolizing Roger to agreeing with St Hugh to somewhere else entirely in the space of a year, and that every time I leave and come back there are new things to break my heart and mend it.  

That Roger's going through a bad time and catching shit for it, and praise Eris.
That aini's getting preached at again, and praise Eris.
That Turd's gone (more) militant, and praise Eris.

. . .to realize that I still don't know how to end one of these.  I can't wrap this all up neatly.  There's no ending.

ya know, all I really want is for someone to get where I'm coming from regardless of whether or not they agree with my (decidedly radical) views.

I've always gotten the feeling that you're one of the few around here who fits that bill, and so to you I say "Welcome back, and well met indeed".

now gimme some of that sandwich.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Hoshiko

Quote from: Wizzle Fo Shizzle
I must be a lousy writer, because that's not really what I was trying to express.  Well, it is, but take off the "dissatisfaction" and you've got it.  I can see where that extra modifier would come from though, since I am in a shitty mood today thanks to rain and VD.  

You're right, though, this is adding nothing of substance.

Since when do we have to add substance? I just want you to add something.

I think I got where you were coming from. If anyone expressed it poorly, it was my post and not yours.

But the sentiment still ramains. I'll kick the ball over to you, and you do something with it.

Do a puddle dive, so to speak.

With the bass on crunk.